Jump to content

2021 Around The League Thread


Satans Hockey
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Rob_Ottawa said:

Some really great names available. Price, subban pelat duchense. That's really not a bad starting point for a new team.

They’ll come into the league with a better roster than ours. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

And the second overall pick in the draft as well. Expansion sure has changed

Yup. It’s stupid now. You get a gift wrapped competitive roster from day one. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup. It’s stupid now. You get a gift wrapped competitive roster from day one. 

I understand that the league wants the team competitive from the start so the fans jump on but they really need a better balance 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

I understand that the league wants the team competitive from the start so the fans jump on but they really need a better balance 

Eh, personally I think it would be more of a problem if the expansion draft was setting teams back but it isn't. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

They’ll come into the league with a better roster than ours. 

no they won’t. Nico, Jack, Ty and Mack are 4 players infinitely more valuable than anyone they get via the expansion draft. 

theyll be relatively competitive off the rip but, unless teams are stupid the way they were with vegas, it’s unlikely to be sustained success. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

no they won’t. Nico, Jack, Ty and Mack are 4 players infinitely more valuable than anyone they get via the expansion draft. 

theyll be relatively competitive off the rip but, unless teams are stupid the way they were with vegas, it’s unlikely to be sustained success. 

More valuable yes. Better this year than what Seattle has? Let’s see. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

More valuable yes. Better this year than what Seattle has? Let’s see. 

More valuable down the road - maybe but yet to be proven, there's some proven studs out there to be had should Seattle choose them.  Again all about the elusive window and how long do you want to give yourself to get to it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, titans04 said:

More valuable down the road - maybe but yet to be proven, there's some proven studs out there to be had should Seattle choose them.  Again all about the elusive window and how long do you want to give yourself to get to it. 

Very true. All I said was they would come in with a better roster. They could have a $10m goalie, two Norris winners, Landeskog, etc. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CarpathianForest said:

Very Lincoln/Kennedy conspiracy. Hmmm....

FB_IMG_1626650354366.jpg

Now Shea has to don an American Flag bikini and jump in the pool/water (can’t recall if that was a pool or a natural body of water).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since we likely won't be getting Hamilton absent a massive overpay, I'm on board with having Larsson as a plan b in FA.  He's a right hand D and is solid defensively.  Pair him with a Ty Smith, and it gives us 2 solid pairs with Graves-Severson, Smith-Larsson, and a 3rd pairing of Siegenthaler-Subban (assuming he isn't claimed by Seattle).  That D isn't going to win a Cup, but it should be much improved over last season. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

Since we likely won't be getting Hamilton absent a massive overpay, I'm on board with having Larsson as a plan b in FA.  He's a right hand D and is solid defensively.  Pair him with a Ty Smith, and it gives us 2 solid pairs with Graves-Severson, Smith-Larsson, and a 3rd pairing of Siegenthaler-Subban (assuming he isn't claimed by Seattle).  That D isn't going to win a Cup, but it should be much improved over last season. 

I’m also down for the massive overpay and adding Hamilton to that mix. 

 

 

266BD8A0-CA33-4B58-B7F1-5A346441BC78.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m also down for the massive overpay and adding Hamilton to that mix. 

 

 

266BD8A0-CA33-4B58-B7F1-5A346441BC78.jpeg

Man, if Fitz could somehow pull off an offseason of Hamilton-Coleman-Larsson...I'd be extremely fvcking impressed.  That's a legit spending spree for three guys who aren't old and should be able to help for a while.  You have this much cap room, you can do stuff like this.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Man, if Fitz could somehow pull off an offseason of Hamilton-Coleman-Larsson...I'd be extremely fvcking impressed.  That's a legit spending spree for three guys who aren't old and should be able to help for a while.  You have this much cap room, you can do stuff like this.  

That would be a minor miracle. If he brings in one of those guys I will be happy. Two, I’ll be excited. Three, I will be amazed. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That would be a minor miracle. If he brings in one of those guys I will be happy. Two, I’ll be excited. Three, I will be amazed. 

That would be quite the hat trick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.