Jump to content

2021 Around The League Thread


Satans Hockey
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Who cares about Larsson? He was awful in the playoffs, check his stats. Hamilton or Coleman should be the only high end targets.

We don’t play in the playoffs so we didn’t consider that. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

We don’t play on the playoffs so we didn’t consider that. 

fact.

I'm pretty sure we could upgrade elsewhere too outside of just Hamilton and Coleman, I mean come on let's weaponize to get in the window at something other than a snail's pace.  Focusing on only two guys? What happens if and when they go elsewhere, no plan B, C, or D?  Terrible management in any business even outside sports if there's a single plan (while realistically acknowledging the odds of getting both are pretty damn slim) One may even be a pipedream. Fitz has to be way way better than that imo . 

Edited by titans04
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

fact.

I'm pretty sure we could upgrade elsewhere too outside of just Hamilton and Coleman, I mean come on let's weaponize to get in the window at something other than a snail's pace.  Focusing on only two guys? What happens if and when they go elsewhere, no plan B, C, or D?  Terrible management in any business even outside sports if there's a single plan (while realistically acknowledging the odds of getting both are pretty damn slim) One may even be a pipedream. Fitz has to be way way better than that imo . 

dude people here are just talking lol NOBODY here suggested getting Graves, yet here he is. OBVIOUSLY management is looking at more than just those 2 and doing what they can. I mean come on lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

dude people here are just talking lol NOBODY here suggested getting Graves, yet here he is. OBVIOUSLY management is looking at more than just those 2 and doing what they can. I mean come on lol 

Dude maybe you missed this one below, so yeah somebody here is thinking that way. My response was to his post. 

3 hours ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Who cares about Larsson? He was awful in the playoffs, check his stats. Hamilton or Coleman should be the only high end targets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just meant the highest profile guys. There is no reason why we can't also go after mid tier players as well.

Who do I mean? Guys like Chiarot in Montreal. He was a late free agent pickup who I had wanted in NJ who just had a massive impact on the playoffs this year yet was never considered a top free agent.

 

Edited by Rob_Ottawa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they sign Palmieri.

I`m afraid we will do it.

There are a lot of guys outside of Coleman that can help Devils.
Bonino shouldnt usk much, but he is very consistent and very competent for 3rd line role. Granlund will ask much, but he is pretty intersting option for middl-6 role and can play pp and pk.  Janmark is an option for 3rd line to replace Johnsson, if we will replace him. I really like Glendeling as another option for the third line center role for a short deal. He isn`t great producer, but he play pretty safe game, good faceoff guy. And I think this guys(except Granlund may be) can be signed to inexpensive and reasonable contracts, while we can give them a little more, it will not affect us much, and at the same time we can be a good option for them. In an environment where players prefer not to sign with the Devils.
I`m very surprised about Larsson, he could get more from the market, but he didn`t. 
If devils will not sign Hamilton, they still have option on the market. Montour is a guy to sign, especially if subban leaves. Hamonic could be a 3rd pair guy for some pk minutes. I dont like Ceci, but he is an option for the third pair stll. 

I wouldn't say that there are a lot of good offers on the market in general, and after the Seattle draft, there are a lot of interested consumers on the market. I am not sure that the Devils will be able to find solutions for their needs, because they are among the last in the queue. I hope that Fitzgerald will find at least one defendseman and at least one forward for the third line, but it's better two.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't see the Devils signing Palms.  Kinda feels like that ship has sailed, and both parties have moved on from each other...besides, Fitz seems to want to build a "Children of the Corn" team, where everyone who's 30 years old or older needs to be killed off.  

I think Palms might get a multi-year deal somewhere (2-3 years) if he's willing to take a discount, but if that doesn't materialize, it's a "Bet On Myself", one-year deal (maybe even to a non-contender looking to deal him at the deadline).  I know he got it going a bit in the playoffs, but his overall numbers for 2020-21 were 70 GP, 17 G and 13 A.  Just down enough that I don't think teams are going to go that out of their way to sign him...he's more of a Plan B or C type, or a temporary piece to flip later (for the moment).   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Don't see the Devils signing Palms.  Kinda feels like that ship has sailed, and both parties have moved on from each other...besides, Fitz seems to want to build a "Children of the Corn" team, where everyone who's 30 years old or older needs to be killed off.  

Eliminate everyone who is almost 30 and has kids to feed. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

its frustrating cause for a time we were one of the few teams who could really throw the bank at guys like hamilton. But now so many teams made moves where they also could. So while i was not that confident in signing him, i feel like its impossible now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

He said Marchessault and Reilly Smith are available…. I hope Fitz has inquired.

I'm trying to stay positive until there is reason not to be, but man I am not holding my breath on this offseason being really different from what we usually deal with. If Hamilton also signs with the Krackheads-- :puke:

EDIT: Also saying EDM is in on Hamilton and that might be why Larsson agreed to talk to SEA.

Edited by NJDevils1214
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.