Jump to content

2021 Around The League Thread


Satans Hockey
 Share

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

That is insanely bad by Philly, the 1st and second and an NHL player?! How do they even balance that in their minds?

I thought Carolina trading Noodleovich or whatever the fvck would be the stupidest trade this year, but I think Philly topped it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Wait they gave up 13 overall?! Holy sh!t that’s bad 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

AND a 2023 second-rounder AND Robert Hagg.  I never would've given up the first to begin with, but if I'm the Flyers and for some reason I've decided that I want him, I offer just the first-rounder and maybe a fourth or fifth, and call it a day.  Buffalo did a good job to squeeze even more out of them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MB3 said:

i am being dead serious that if the devils ever traded that much for a guy like rasmus ristolainen i would be done with the team and move on 

I wouldn't be done with the team, but I'd most definitely be done with Fitz.  And would be counting down the days until he was canned.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

AND a 2023 second-rounder AND Robert Hagg.  I never would've given up the first to begin with, but if I'm the Flyers and for some reason I've decided that I want him, I offer just the first-rounder and maybe a fourth or fifth, and call it a day.  Buffalo did a good job to squeeze even more out of them.

And Ristolainen is a UFA at the end of the season. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:
lmfao

What makes it especially funny is that you'll see an organization make a polarizing deal, with enough fans for and against it to have a solid debate.  This is one of those deals where EVERYONE is in pure "Holy fvck is this awful!" mode. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And Ristolainen is a UFA at the end of the season. 

Seems like they pretty much HAVE to re-sign him...they gave up a hell of a lot for a one-year audition.  What sucks for them is signing him long-term could wind up being even worse.  Hell of a sh!tty corner they've painted themselves into.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Seems like they pretty much HAVE to re-sign him...they gave up a hell of a lot for a one-year audition.  What sucks for them is signing him long-term could wind up being even worse.  Hell of a sh!tty corner they've painted themselves into.

If he walks after a year, that will be hysterical. But I have to assume (hope?) they had at least a preliminary conversation about it before making the trade, whether that's allowed or it isn't. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If he walks after a year, that will be hysterical. But I have to assume (hope?) they had at least a preliminary conversation about it before making the trade, whether that's allowed or it isn't. 

And obviously there's plenty of offseason left to go and we have no idea what the Devils will do...but I do feel confident that Fitz isn't going to do anything STUPID...and there's something to be said for that.  As Brodie Van Wagenen can attest, sure, you can make things happen if you're willing to be reckless and idiotic.  I think Fitz will try to get some things done, but I don't see him doing something that makes little sense for the sake of making a move.  As much as we can get into "C'mon just do SOMETHING FFS!", well, I'd rather nothing than what the Flyers just pulled.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Pretty solid return, and I really like Blais as a player.  Well, in prior seasons.

Former 6th-rounder who's never played more than 40 games in any NHL season.  Feels like a win for the Blues, though clearly ya gotta think this was about not wanting to pay Buchnevich.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we're really stuck at the RW Garland might be an option. I remember hoping we'd draft him few years ago cause i saw him play in Moncton and leading the league in points. He did pretty well in Arizona and ive been seeing rumours about him so if we could get him for cheap it might be something

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

If we're really stuck at the RW Garland might be an option. I remember hoping we'd draft him few years ago cause i saw him play in Moncton and leading the league in points. He did pretty well in Arizona and ive been seeing rumours about him so if we could get him for cheap it might be something

My kid follows hockey overall more than I do now and he's mentioned the Devils pursuing this guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.