2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

moving from 32nd to 11th isn’t a “swap” and Boqvist is the second best D prospect in chicago, all for the right to WILDLY overpay Seth Jones.

yeeeeeeeeeesh

You said “multiple picks and Adam boqvist FOR Seth Jones” which reads as if the picks are all going to Columbus…and yes, moving the 32nd for the 12th as part of the deal is literally swapping picks.   

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

not that you’ve literally ever made sense, but what the fvck does this mean?

is there a single trade that was made today where you wish the Devils were the ones who pulled the trigger?

I mean you may disagree but you know what he means. 

I might have given our second best D prospect and our second first round pick for Jones. Who is our second best defensive prospect anyway??

Edited by mfitz804

Just now, SterioDesign said:

So the fleury brothers were reunited wednesday in seattle... the jones brothers today.................................. could.... we.........

I am literally on the edge of my seat, because if we draft Luke we get Luke, and if we don’t I get to watch a bunch of people on this site completely melt down and sh!t themselves. 

Gonna be a good night. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean you may disagree but you know what he means. 

I might have given our second best D prospect and our second first round pick for Jones. Who is our second best defensive prospect anyway??

our second best D prospect isn’t close to Adam Boqvist, the Islanders pick is incomparable to the 11th overall pick, and Seth Jones didn’t have us on his “i will re-sign here” list. 

would you have traded Kevin Bahl and the 4th pick for a 1 year rental of a severely declining defenseman?

7 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

You said “multiple picks and Adam boqvist FOR Seth Jones” which reads as if the picks are all going to Columbus…and yes, moving the 32nd for the 12th as part of the deal is literally swapping picks.   

i was posting as it was being reported. I don’t think the full details have even been disclosed yet? 

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

our second best D prospect isn’t close to Adam Boqvist, the Islanders pick is incomparable to the 11th overall pick, and Seth Jones didn’t have us on his “i will re-sign here” list. 

would you have traded Kevin Bahl and the 4th pick for a 1 year rental of a severely declining defenseman?

Definitely not the 4th pick. Or without the extension.

Edited by mfitz804

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Bean to Colombus apparently. for a 2nd. goddamnit

Yeah, that hurts.  Seemed like an easy move to upgrade our defense with a young guy.  

edit: I mean the 2nd for Bean 

Edited by Lateralous

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Bean to Colombus apparently. for a 2nd. goddamnit

Would you have given the Isles pick for Bean?

And that sounds like a lot for Jones. I’m starting to feel like I don’t want to trade for anyone. 

Just now, Lateralous said:

Yeah, that hurts.  Seemed like an easy move to upgrade our defense with a young guy.  

The second round pick they traded was acquired in the Seth Jones trade from chicago. Would you now consider that to be multiple picks? 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Would you have given the Isles pick for Bean?

And that sounds like a lot for Jones. I’m starting to feel like I don’t want to trade for anyone. 

not sure... might have tried to throw our first for Bean and one of their 3rd or something

Friendly reminder that Jake Bean could’ve been selected for free by Seattle.

Ron Francis is a goddamned moron lol

not sure... might have tried to throw our first for Bean and one of their 3rd or something

4th overall pick for Jake Bean would’ve been a gross, hideous overpayment.

• Like 1

Just now, MB3 said:

I can’t think of any other explanation. 

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

4th overall pick for Jake Bean would’ve been a gross, hideous overpayment.

no i meant our first as in the islanders pick lol cmon now

Since our first is allllmost a second but still a first, offset it a bit by them throwing a 3rd in the deal

Edited by SterioDesign

no i meant our first as in the islanders pick lol cmon now

He didn’t read the thread you responded to, evidently. 

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

The second round pick they traded was acquired in the Seth Jones trade from chicago. Would you now consider that to be multiple picks? 

Sure but I also would have added that it was “for Jones and a pick” going the other way, especially when the context is that you are saying the Blackhawks overpayed.  

IMO you severely underrate Seth Jones but that’s a totally separate discussion 

Edited by Lateralous

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

He didn’t read the thread you responded to, evidently. 

you said Islanders pick. He said “not sure, might try our pick.” My reading comprehension is just fine, thanks dad 

Just now, MB3 said:

you said Islanders pick. He said “not sure, might try our pick.” My reading comprehension is just fine, thanks dad 

I’m not sure it is.