GDT1: Bruins @ Devils 1/14/2021 7PM Season Opener!

Crisis

As much as it's surreal watching games with no fans and probably going to be a pretty brutal season, I can't wait! Looking forward to seeing how the kids pan out and how Ruff has the team playing.

As Led Zeppelin (yes, I'm old) said - "It's been a long time, been a long time. Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time".

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

Hell yeah I am ready.

Interestingly enough, last time we played my daughter used to go to bed at 8:30-9:00, at which time I would start the DVR and start watching the game. 

Now she stays up later and we hand out and watch TV (when there are no FaceTimes or phone calls, or whatever). She doesn’t love watching hockey on TV, but said “I guess I am going to be watching a lot of hockey”. 

Yeah, you are!!

I am declaring 2021 the Year of the Pavel and he will have the best season of his career (so far) this year.

Our newly Jacked Hughes will not allow himself to be pushed around and will show the rest of us what all of you Jack enthusiasts thought you saw last year. 

Blackwood will show us he is a solid #1, unlike his predecessor who turned into a runny #2. 

Ty Smith will show us why he was so highly touted and that an extra 2 years of development was a good idea. 

Let’s Go Devils! New Season, Clean Slate!!!

• Like 4

This is easily the most apathetic I've ever been since being a Devils fan because I'm completely over sports without fans. I can't believe it's been 310 days since attending the last home game/game in general that the Devils played on March 10th vs Pittsburgh, it feels like years ago. 

That being said I'm excited for the Hughes hat trick tonight! 

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

This is easily the most apathetic I've ever been since being a Devils fan because I'm completely over sports without fans. I can't believe it's been 310 days since attending the last home game/game in general that the Devils played on March 10th vs Pittsburgh, it feels like years ago. 

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

I feel you, I'm really not feeling attached to the season yet. It feels all disconnected and sterile.

• Like 2

L

G

M

F

D!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

I don't share your apathy, but going to as many games as possible with my daughter had really become ingrained...especially over the last few seasons, as "school nights" became less and less of an issue.  I'm with you in that I can't believe how long it's been...and sadly, how long it will continue to be.  From the drive up to the event itself, we did so much bonding...lots of conversation, covering so many topics.  Obviously we can still do that in my basement (for now, anyway), but I miss the whole experience of driving up, walking into the arena, just being there to watch my team play some hockey...I can't wait to be able to actually take her to a game again.  Someday...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I could see enjoying the game intro video with my Phillips Hue rear projection lights but the novelty would wear off fast

• Like 1