GDT1: Bruins @ Devils 1/14/2021 7PM Season Opener!

Crisis

so they literally identify Smith as a "potential bottom defenseman" 

well... sounds like "fans overhyping their prospects" striked again lol 

i sure hope they mean like.......... "potential bottom defenseman" for like... this season.... or....  today's game lol

if he's not at least top 4 its going to be really fvcking sad 

Edited by SterioDesign

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

so they literally identify Smith as a "potential bottom defensemen" 

Umm...no. Smith is a highly rated prospect outside of just Devils fans. 

Who’s “they” anyway? 

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

Personally for me, I do. There's no energy in the building, there's no reactions of a crowd going wild after a big goal. There's no fans trying to get louder to try to motivate a late tying goal. I almost think it's the equivalent of if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound? Sure we care on here and people are watching but it sure doesn't feel right. 

A positive I've taken out of this is that at least my two teams(Red Bulls as well) didn't win anything last year and most likely won't this year as well so it hasn't felt like I've missed anything.

It would be extremely bitter sweet to win a championship in circumstances like this, hell we aren't very far off from 20 years since our last Cup in 2003, that is a lottttttt of fans whether simply new to hockey or from the current fans ages of like 25-28 and under who were simply too young to even remember or weren't even born yet to witness that experience. 

There are very few things in sports as electric as the atmosphere of a big time hockey game. I simply miss that aspect, I'm not saying people shouldn't be watching cause there's no fans but personally for me its a part of the entire experience. 

I don't mean to be a downer and I definitely won't be commenting on every game day thread about it but with it being the first home opener ever with no fans just wanted to ramble a bit. I simply miss hockey as it was instead of it now just reminding me how sh!t the state of the world is right now. 

Having watched basically a season of the Premier League it really starts to affect players. The intensity goes. It starts to all feel like a pre season. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Umm...no. Smith is a highly rated prospect outside of just Devils fans. 

Who’s “they” anyway? 

And who identified anything, so far it’s only been identified that he made the roster. I don’t think the pairing he plays on in his first game defines his entire career. 

22 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

so they literally identify Smith as a "potential bottom defenseman" 

i sure hope they mean like.......... "potential bottom defenseman" for like... this season.... or....  today's game lol

if he's not at least top 4 its going to be really fvcking sad 

Pretty sure they just meant that he is slotted to be playing on the bottom pair for NJ for this season, at least at the start.

Smith is ranked high in pretty much everyone's prospects lists. 

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-top-100-prospects-ranking/

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2910133-nhl-prospects-top-25-prospects-around-the-nhl

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nhl/news/nhl-prospect-rankings-top-50-players-nhl-pipelines-2019-20/13r9rli1wj33i1pfrie5hud5zh

That's after a 5 second search on Google lol

Edited by Devs3cups