GDT2: Saturday Afternoon hockey Featuring Bruins@ Devils 1 PM

Devs3cups

34 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I feel compelled to point out again that he is from Belarus. 

why we are all russian when things goes about hacking, crime and voiting influence, when something good happens, everyone remembers the differences)

Thats true. He is belarussian, and Belarussian hockey deserve highlight player. It will be very sad if the World Championship is taken away from Belarus.

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I do like to listen to the other teams feed from time to time even if some are annoying. You learn a lot more about other teams / players that way.

Fun game lots of great things happening so far from the kids. Not so much from the older guys but as this team grows they'll fall by the wayside anyway.

I usually watch the away feeds as my affection for Dano hasn't grown over the years. But no way I could put up with Edwards for more than 1.5 seconds even at gun point.

Onward. LGD.

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I do like to listen to the other teams feed from time to time even if some are annoying. You learn a lot more about other teams / players that way.

100%. I tend to do the same with the canadian teams sometimes and good crews like Detroit. But I have real hard time watching the Bruins and Pens broadcasts lol.

3 minutes ago, Guadana said:

why we are all russian when things goes about hacking, crime and voiting influence, when something good happens, everyone remembers the differences)

Thats true. He is belarussian, and Belarussian hockey deserve highlight player. It will be very sad if the World Championship is taken away from Belarus.

This is why

hqdefault.jpg.a95ea59d761aaa91d8fe1e699a20819c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Devs3cups said:

100%. I tend to do the same with the canadian teams sometimes and good crews like Detroit. But I have real hard time watching the Bruins and Pens broadcasts lol.

I know you're from Quebec so you know more than anyone else here what it does to fans who strictly listen to their own team's broadcast lol 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I know you're from Quebec so you know more than anyone else here what it does to fans who strictly listen to their own team's broadcast lol 

Absolutely lol. I tend to stay away from RDS or TVA Sports, can't stand them tbh. Sportsnet/CBC/TSN, even though they're canadian broadcasts, are WAY more objective in the way they call the games. 

Edited by Devs3cups

After such a long period of no hockey being able to once again see how quick this game can be is just amazing. Blackwood made the save on Grzelcyk with 10 seconds left in the OT and somehow the Devils have enough time to gather the puck, move it up ice, set up Sharangovich and score. That's insanity.

I really missed hockey y'all.

• Like 7

Just watched this...so so happy for these guys.  Hughes looks SO much better than he did last year.  And the Devils take three out of four against the Bruins without Hischier, Vats, and Bratt no less.  Going to enjoy every minute of this while it lasts.

Man I love pleasant surprises like this. Season is off to a fun start.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, devlman said:

Surprised Boston didn’t look at offsides on that one

They used up their challenge on that disallowed goal in the second period, before our ill-fated PP.  I didn't think at that point we'd even get one point let alone two but this team has more resiliency than last year at least.

• Like 1

So far, I also like what I'm hearing from Ruff. He seems to be well respected by the guys and he seems like a players' coach. He's also not afraid to play the young guys and make them learn from their mistakes, unlike other coaches we've had that glued you to the bench/press box if you made any mistakes. Way less stressful and intimidating for young guys.

Edited by Devs3cups
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

They used up their challenge on that disallowed goal in the second period, before our ill-fated PP.  I didn't think at that point we'd even get one point let alone two but this team has more resiliency than last year at least.

Don’t forget that once the Devils started getting much-improved goaltending last year, that they were far more respectable...they closed out last season with a 19-12-7 run...almost a half-season’s worth of a solid record.  Dano and Steve made the mistake of crediting that turnaround to Hynes Part Deux during the broadcast...it simply had very little to do with him.  

Really hope Blackwood can keep it up...the big question of course is how non-Blackwood starters will fare.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Two games against the bruins and its nice to see we haven't been pinned in our end for extended periods. Lindy has the units working well.  Ty hasn't coughed it up deep , and subban looks way less flashy.. Tennyson wants to stay. Cant wait for Bratt to join zacha and goose  Nico to step in at 1C.. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

Two games against the bruins and its nice to see we haven't been pinned in our end for extended periods. Lindy has the units working well.  Ty hasn't coughed it up deep , and subban looks way less flashy.. Tennyson wants to stay. Cant wait for Bratt to join zacha and goose  Nico to step in at 1C.. 

They’ve really steadied themselves after that tough first period in the first game.  It’s only two games, but Ruff’s experience seems to be helping.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Just watched the interview with Sharangovich after the OT again. Man, did he get hung out to dry. Why would they do that interview without a translator?

They did the same thing to Gusev pre-season. It almost makes me sad. These guys try so hard to learn English (literally the hardest language to learn as an adult) and they get hung out to dry by these idiot reporters who can't ask succinct questions. Then it makes me picture them sitting by themselves in the locker room while all the English-speaking players banter with each other. The team needs to hire a dedicated language teacher to these guys. It's not fair to them.

We literally did a better job of teaching @Guadana english by merely sh!tposting in this forum. 

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil
  • Like 2