GDT3: *BRIGHT LIGHTS BRAH* Edition - Devils @ Rangers - 7 PM - MSG, MSG+

Devs3cups

My one complaint of the night is I absolutely hate seeing the color blue on our helmets, Prudential should just have the stickers be black to match the colors of the team. The entire league should do it so it matches the teams colors, its not like the product isn't being promoted.

Some Mexican league soccer teams do this so at least it matches, for example...

gignac-tigres-ccl-final-goal.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I'm very happy that Lafrenière didn't get his first NHL goal against us. 

I also love that i legit didn't notice him at all during the game. I heard his name twice but don't even remember him doing anything.

Yes. And Kraapo also. Dude’s name looks and sounds like a noise a chicken makes. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

My one complaint of the night is I absolutely hate seeing the color blue on our helmets, Prudential should just have the stickers be black to match the colors of the team. The entire league should do it so it matches the teams colors, its not like the product isn't being promoted.

Have to agree, it’s one thing if it’s a brand famous for their color, but a black Prudential logo wouldn’t be any less effective than a blue one. It might actually be more readily seen in black on white. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I also love that i legit didn't notice him at all during the game. I heard his name twice but don't even remember him doing anything.

I was going to say the same thing. 

My main concern with the Rags is how good Shestyorkin looks, but whatever, it’s looking more and more like Mac is a legit stud himself. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I was going to say the same thing. 

My main concern with the Rags is how good Shestyorkin looks, but whatever, it’s looking more and more like Mac is a legit stud himself. 

I have invested heavily in Blackwood jerseys this month so I hope you’re right lol. 

22 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

It's not always as easy. I'm a designer so i know cause it's a pain in the ass at times. Most big businesses have brand standards and you simply cannot use their logo in different colours. Some are stricter than others too. So it might work in a few instances where you can put it black. But you'll never see a purple Mcdonalds logo unless it's them doing it for a special events.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

It's not always as easy. I'm a designer so i know cause it's a pain in the ass at times. Most big businesses have brand standards and you simply cannot use their logo in different colours. Some are stricter than others too. So it might work in a few instances where you can put it black. But you'll never see a purple Mcdonalds logo unless it's them doing it for a special events.

Right, that’s kind of what I was referring to. The color is part of their identity. I think that blue is actually Prudential’s color, but is the brand identifiable with that color? I mean, the logo is in white on the black helmets so they can’t be too concerned. To use your example, if it were McDonalds it’d be Golden Arches on either color helmet. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Right, that’s kind of what I was referring to. The color is part of their identity. I think that blue is actually Prudential’s color, but is the brand identifiable with that color? I mean, the logo is in white on the black helmets so they can’t be too concerned. To use your example, if it were McDonalds it’d be Golden Arches on either color helmet. 

Yeah plus if you're going to drop your logo somewhere. You're selling exposure and visibility. Not all businesses would be fine with having it blending in.

i found the brand standards and yeah. The main colors to use on a pale background are either that blue or a dark blue.

https://edfaherty.myportfolio.com/pru-playbook-design-system-reference-site

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I also made a comment about Hughes’ linemates last year, that a really good player doesn’t play worse because of bad linemates, he makes bad linemates look better. 

Miles Wood. 

Idk, I’m not sure anyone could elevate the corpse of Wayne Simmonds...

at least not without some type of sorcery lol

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah plus if you're going to drop your logo somewhere. You're selling exposure and visibility. Not all businesses would be fine with having it blending in.

i found the brand standards and yeah. The main colors to use on a pale background are either that blue or a dark blue.

https://edfaherty.myportfolio.com/pru-playbook-design-system-reference-site

Yeah they would have to get them to agree to it which considering the Devils relationship with them I don't think it would be too hard. On that Tigres Mexican soccer team picture I posted they got all the companies to agree to it before making the colors match. 

It is what it is, Hughes looked good scoring in it either way lol

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Kakko didn’t do much either, which was also nice.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I’m curious why you think that’s even debatable. 

It was significantly more damaging to the New Jersey Devils that we took McLeod, who looks like he’ll never be an actual NHL player, over Charlie McAvoy who will probably be the next captain of the Boston Bruins. 

It hurts that we took Zacha over Provorov, but at least Zacha is a reliable 3rd line center and our best penalty killer by a country mile. 

I mean, McLeod, while a first rounder, was never a guy anyone had much hope would be a top six guy. It was obviously a mistake to draft him over McAvoy, no one with more more than five active brain cells would ever argue that. But so far this year, he actually has looked like an NHL player, capably centering the fourth line. Are you looking to draft a fourth line center in the first round? Uhhhh, of course not. But if he turns out to be a contributor- cool. You need good fourth liners. And Bastian was a second round pick, so I don’t know why you included him earlier. You’d be happy to pull a solid fourth line contributor with a second round pick. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

“Not really expecting to be a top-6 guy”? You don’t draft someone in the top half of the first round and say “maaaaan i hope he anchors my fourth line when our first line center is injured.”

This is what pretty much everyone said the day we drafted him. It wasn’t a good pick. I’m not arguing that at all. Thankfully we got Nico the following year and Jack two years after that, or McLeod might be at the top of the depth chart at center, which would be a nightmare lol.

Edited by MadDog2020

38 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I’m curious why you think that’s even debatable. 

It was significantly more damaging to the New Jersey Devils that we took McLeod, who looks like he’ll never be an actual NHL player, over Charlie McAvoy who will probably be the next captain of the Boston Bruins. 

It hurts that we took Zacha over Provorov, but at least Zacha is a reliable 3rd line center and our best penalty killer by a country mile. 

I’ve been very down on McLeod since they drafted him, but he looks like an NHL player to me (for the first time) this season. Even if it’s only as a 4th liner. 

• Like 2

Anyway, fvck McAvoy. I think Ty Smith might end up being even better than some of us had hoped. It feels great to finally have a young defensive prospect to actually be excited about. Obviously it’s an extremely small sample size, but it seems like not rushing him was absolutely the right call. They brought him up at exactly the right time. 

• Like 1