GDT: Islanders @ Devils 7:00 PM MSG+, MSG+2

MadDog2020

11 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

I still think Palms can turn this around and I'm sure once he gets one he'll get going, but I REALLY, and I mean REALLY, don't understand why he's on the PK. I understand we're missing Nico that's a big piece of the PK, but even then I don't get it.

Completely agree.  Palms has had a rough start to the season, and I think/hope he can turn it around, but like you said it still doesn't warrant him being on the PK, even with Nico out.  There are still better options than him.  Frankly, I'd rather see either Wood out there with Sharangovich, two hustlers to keep pressure on the opponent's blue liners, or maybe even a McLeod/Bastian tandem since they play so well together.

I thought Zajac was finished after last season but he has been excellent to begin this season.  The team has really, really needed him too - hopefully they can cut back on his ice time when Nico returns.

Best game of the season so far, there were definitely problems but they outplayed the Islanders, and what a great night for Wedgewood too, good for him.

• Like 6

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

Wedgewood definitely made it sound like Blackwood has covid, "take care of his health" certainly doesn't sound like great news

I just assumed that's what it was.  What else would it be that they aren't saying?

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Wedgewood definitely made it sound like Blackwood has covid, "take care of his health" certainly doesn't sound like great news

I think it’s obvious at this point he tested positive, hopefully it’s not symptomatic and he’s back in a week.

• Like 3

So happy for Wedge...played terrific and deserved this shutout.

Sure, there were some shaky moments, but love that this Devils team actually makes adjustments.

Palms is at least starting to get some more shot attempts (has to start there for him), but that’s barely a baby step.  I’m definitely more patient with him than some, but I understand why others are getting frustrated with him.  They’re going to need him to start scoring soon.

3-1-1...very nice.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, jagknife said:

Bounce back game, Wedge-wall in net, Jack back on the score sheet, Palms will find it, Goose with a pair as well.

Devils 4-3

I’ll take being correct on 2 outta 4. Score was a potential tie breaker lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

image.png.0919ff3202ddd5ff05d944eeaef276df.png

Not gonna get ahead of myself and start calling for the calder (like i've seen an insane amount of Habs fans do with Romanov... literally 2 games into the season lol) but it's great that he's having a solid start after not making the team last year. I'm sure that's a bit weight off his shoulder now

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Not gonna get ahead of myself and start calling for the calder (like i've seen an insane amount of Habs fans do with Romanov... literally 2 games into the season lol) but it's great that he's having a solid start after not making the team last year. I'm sure that's a bit weight off his shoulder now

I expected he would be good, but not like this. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Haven't you heard? Romanov is also winning the Hart and the Norris this year. 

Solid effort ,    good for pavel scoring when barzel didn't. Jack finding the top shelf with that wicked wrister wedge getting the shutout. Lindy coaching the boys up.. even tennyson played well.  Good all around except palms 

• Like 2

I really love what Ruff is doing with the rookies too. He's trusting them, willing to live with their mistakes.

Putting Hughes, Sharangovich and Smith together in OT. When McLeod made a mistake leading to a goal at the end of a period. His line was sent on the ice to open the next period and they got a goal.

He knows bastian and mcleod are close friends and he's keeping them together.

Small things like this goes a long way.

I'm still so fvcking upset thinking back at how coaches like Deboer were treating the young guys. They'd make a mistake and get benched for the rest of the period and our old over the hills vet would literally get away with MURDER non-stop with no consequences.

Also still so upset that Deboer didn't even put Larsson in the lineup for his ONE chance to play against his idol Lidstrom. And instead dressed god knows which 78 years old veteran. Again, small things like this goes a very long way. 

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Shame we can't get Dell in the net tonight but whatever. 

You owe the Wedge an apology lol

Just finished this one on the DVR, and I’m over the moon about Jack and Ty right now.   I can’t believe they shut out a team as good as the Islanders without their 1C or starting goalie. I continue to be impressed with how Ruff has them playing. 

Well done boys. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I really love what Ruff is doing with the rookies too. He's trusting them, willing to live with their mistakes.

Putting Hischier, Sharangovich and Smith together in OT.

image.gif

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

image.gif

god dammnit i thought i fixed it before anyone could reply

listen. i said Andersson instead of Johnsson and Hischier instead of Hughes.. So obviously i'm having a long a slow stroke okay. And mocking the situation is a dick move.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1