GDT: Flyers @ Devils 7:00 PM MSG+

MadDog2020

Hoping Palms and/or Goose get their first goals tonight.  

In Palms' case, I'll settle for him not looking like he has through the first five games.  If he's held pointless but looks like a guy who's ready to break out any day, I'll take it.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Do we know if Mackenzie is going to be back?

Still in COVID protocol.  Not surprised...I'm guessing maybe he's back by the weekend, at the very earliest.  

Mike Morreale on Twitter: "#NJDevils goalie Mackenzie Blackwood remains in COVID protocol entering tonight's game vs. the Flyers" / Twitter

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Still in COVID protocol.  Not surprised...I'm guessing maybe he's back by the weekend, at the very earliest.  

Mike Morreale on Twitter: "#NJDevils goalie Mackenzie Blackwood remains in COVID protocol entering tonight's game vs. the Flyers" / Twitter

Covid protocol isn't like a positive test right? I heard some people are put on the protocol for 2 days and removed. If they want him on there for a week with all these negative tests, there must be serious concern that he was in close contact with someone that had it. 

Anyway, Wedgewall it is. LGD. Let's get a W so Bratt can join the team on a high note. 

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Covid protocol isn't like a positive test right? I heard some people are put on the protocol for 2 days and removed. If they want him on there for a week with all these negative tests, there must be serious concern that he was in close contact with someone that had it. 

Anyway, Wedgewall it is. LGD. Let's get a W so Bratt can join the team on a high note. 

Has he had any negative tests?  I haven't read anything about test results.  Just this (no timetable for his return):

Devils' MacKenzie Blackwood: Remains in protocol - CBSSports.com

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

So, I think it's pretty clear at this point that Blackwood has/had COVID.  Based on Wedgewood's comments post-game (something about hoping the best for Blackwood's health), and the fact that if it was simply precautionary he would've likely already been brought back into the lineup.

Hope he's doing alright and gets the necessary negative tests soon enough, if my understanding of the situation here is correct.

Either way, LGD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Hoping Palms and/or Goose get their first goals tonight.  

In Palms' case, I'll settle for him not looking like he has through the first five games.  If he's held pointless but looks like a guy who's ready to break out any day, I'll take it.  

I understand your point but it is early in this 56 game season. Some take longer to get the rust off. His line is different. He has not been playing while aging. Let's just give him some time before placing demands before a game. I got your point and agree if he continues to play as he has in 5.

Later

31 minutes ago, Brewskies said:

I understand your point but it is early in this 56 game season. Some take longer to get the rust off. His line is different. He has not been playing while aging. Let's just give him some time before placing demands before a game. I got your point and agree if he continues to play as he has in 5.

Later

Guess you haven't read my other posts about Palms. 

I've been saying that five games (no matter how bad) is a minuscule sample (especially compared to the rest of his career).  I've also mentioned that he's not playing with Hischier.  And I'm not making any "demands".  Don't see anything wrong with hoping Game 6 of this young season for Palms will be better than the previous five games...especially since he's really looked bad so far...sure, there could be any number of reasons why (long layoff, not skating with a guy who he had chemistry with, etc).  But if you had read my other posts, you'd know that I'm more than willing to give him some more time...especially since it makes absolutely no sense to mothball him.  For one, the Devils haven't exactly been lighting up the net, and it's not like there's young kids who can potentially step right into the lineup and provide scoring.  And for another, there's a good chance that Palms might become trade bait later in the season...the higher his value, the better for the Devils. 

It makes sense to keep rolling with Palms to see if he can break out of this thing; bad as he has looked, the track record certainly suggests that he can.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Brewskies said:

Devils just do what you have been doing, gather points, 7 out of 10 is awesome. 

Let's Go Devils get 2 points 

Sounds like you're making some demands here, heh heh

My son is 8... and this is the first season he's really into hockey.   

As I've been outside Philly now for 18 years; he is very much a Flyers fan.
He gives sh!t and trolls his teachers who are Pens fans.

I look forward to watching him cry with the rest of the Cryers as the Devs win this one.

LFGD!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

So, I think it's pretty clear at this point that Blackwood has/had COVID.  Based on Wedgewood's comments post-game (something about hoping the best for Blackwood's health), and the fact that if it was simply precautionary he would've likely already been brought back into the lineup.

Hope he's doing alright and gets the necessary negative tests soon enough, if my understanding of the situation here is correct.

Either way, LGD

Yea you're right. I think I ran with that he was on the protocol and not just "tested positive". Assumed too far. 

53 minutes ago, aylbert said:

My son is 8... and this is the first season he's really into hockey.   

As I've been outside Philly now for 18 years; he is very much a Flyers fan.
He gives sh!t and trolls his teachers who are Pens fans.

I look forward to watching him cry with the rest of the Cryers as the Devs win this one.

LFGD!

That's gotta be tough/weird...I can't imagine if my 12-year-old daughter was rooting for the Flyers or Rangers.  I've already programmed her to hate the Rangers as much as I do.  

What's fun now is that there's no longer "Can't watch the whole game 'cause it's time for bed".  Or leaving a game early (when applicable) because she's getting tired.  When she was in the 6 - 8 year old range, staying through the third period a lot of times felt like a bonus...of course, some of those games we WANTED to leave early, heh heh.  Not sure if your son is good for staying up for the whole game yet (or already was).  

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That's gotta be tough/weird...I can't imagine if my 12-year-old daughter was rooting for the Flyers or Rangers.  I've already programmed her to hate the Rangers as much as I do.  

What's fun now is that there's no longer "Can't watch the whole game 'cause it's time for bed".  Or leaving a game early (when applicable) because she's getting tired.  When she was in the 6 - 8 year old range, staying through the third period a lot of times felt like a bonus...of course, some of those games we WANTED to leave early, heh heh.  Not sure if your son is good for staying up for the whole game yet (or already was).  

My daughter used to walk around the concourse and look at people wearing the opposing team’s jersey and say to them, in a little mini 1920’s gangster voice, “Ya team stinks. Hey you, ya team stinks”. I know where the sentiment came from, but why that was a 1920’s gangster accent moment, you’d have to ask the theater kid. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Either way, LGD

If he had COVID and has tested positive (good assumption and most likely scenario at this point), it will take around 10 days from the onset of his symptoms for it to clear out of his system to the point where he will test negative again.  I had COVID along with my wife and son a few weeks ago.  Unfortunately, I had to learn way more about this disease than I ever wanted to, although we were lucky that our symptoms were very minor and it ended up being no worse than a common cold for us.  

6 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

If he had COVID and has tested positive (good assumption and most likely scenario at this point), it will take around 10 days from the onset of his symptoms for it to clear out of his system to the point where he will test negative again.  I had COVID along with my wife and son a few weeks ago.  Unfortunately, I had to learn way more about this disease than I ever wanted to, although we were lucky that our symptoms were very minor and it ended up being no worse than a common cold for us.  

And then he needs to test negative on days 3, 5, and 7 thereafter, correct? Meaning he'll be out a minimum of 7 days from whenever he tests negative. 

I wouldn't expect to see him until the second week of February, if in fact he did test positive which I think at this point we can assume he did.