GDT: Flyers @ Devils 1/28 7PM

Nicomo

10 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

based on some meltdowns i read last night. it's going to be a very long and emotional season for some folks in here lol 

Really wasn't that bad...MB3 was having his usual fair share (and as long as Palms is struggling, I expect him to shred Palms more and more), but that's not exactly anything new.  If Hall lights it up this weekend though, I can see a meltdown parade happening for sure.  

I think most were just disappointed that the Devils played pretty well for stretches in these two games (at times even dominating), but came away empty.

What we did see is how much Crawford calling it quits really hurt...I know Wedge managed a shutout, and he hasn't been as meh as his overall .900 save% suggests, but like we expected, the games where Blackwood isn't starting are going to be tough to win...especially if this team continues to be as low-scoring as it's appearing.  I'm sure other guys will get a look (next up, Dell), but I don't expect anyone from the gaggle of other goalies to suddenly get hot.  All are wild cards.

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Which is truly ideal.

If we want what's best for the team. Let's hope for the kids to play well and make progress. Weed out the older players. Win a few games here and there so the kids can get some positive out of it and show that the team has potential looking forward. Hopefully flip Subban at the trade deadline. And get in a good position to get good picks through the draft and hopefully draft well.

Based on what we've seen, all of this could easily happen.

Right now, i understand fans wanting the team to win for their own personal wellness. But hoping for us to overachieve would quite possibly hurt the team long term more than anything, we're not there yet. Unless we're incredibly lucky during the draft and pick a late Pastrnak like player. We REALLY need more impact player on this team or else we're just going to be a middle of the pack team over the next 10 years. 

I get this, but I'm still rooting for my team to win every night.  But IMO, the reality is still about 20 wins...that's what I was thinking going in, and I haven't seen enough to truly change that forecast.  The team tries and they've looked quite good at times against better teams, but the underlying numbers are really bad.  Yeah, hope for trimming deadwood, individual development, Mac to come back healthy and strong, and for Nico and Jack not to get too frustrated, should the losses start mounting.   

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

based on some meltdowns i read last night. it's going to be a very long and emotional season for some folks in here lol 

I didn’t see any meltdowns here...

They’re 3-3-1 while missing some key players. I think most are happy with that. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I didn’t see any meltdowns here...

They’re 3-3-1 while missing some key players. I think most are happy with that. 

I think you need to re-read some of the posts. Especially @MB3, although we kind of know that’s just what he does. Calling for people to be exiled one night and offering to blow a dude the next. 

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Flipping Subban will require us keeping a lot of his salary. I think that’s fine, we have to. 

Trade deadline is April 12, should anyone be curious. I was. 

Many are giving the excuse that it's not a problem that Subban is getting paid 9m and play like this since we still have cap space.

But i'd rather not having Subban and paying him say 3-4m. Than having him on the ice at 9m and playing like a 3-4m player

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Many are giving the excuse that it's not a problem that Subban is getting paid 9m and play like this since we still have cap space.

But i'd rather not having Subban and paying him say 3-4m. Than having him on the ice at 9m and playing like a 3-4m player

That is a pretty good description of what a buyout (or trade with retained salary) is. 

Edited by mfitz804

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I think you need to re-read some of the posts. Especially @MB3, although we kind of know that’s just what he does. Calling for people to be exiled one night and offering to blow a dude the next. 

I sure hope the dude is only like this online cause that's his way of not letting ALL this..... bi-polar... Tourette syndrome like meltdowns... mentally unstableness... calling for people to be exiled, get cancer, career ending injuries or wtv one moment and the next wanting to blow them.... Well basically all that madness... leak into his real life. He's funny tho.

If not this could legit be a reality tv show lol 

Wedge did what was required of him.. We scored an average of 2 goals for him  he's not supposed to be playing 4 to 5 game stretches.. Like we've seen the last 10 years we need more goals . At least the kids are getting  chances to prove they belong. This rebuild is taking a while.

13 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I get this, but I'm still rooting for my team to win every night.  But IMO, the reality is still about 20 wins...that's what I was thinking going in, and I haven't seen enough to truly change that forecast.  The team tries and they've looked quite good at times against better teams, but the underlying numbers are really bad.  Yeah, hope for trimming deadwood, individual development, Mac to come back healthy and strong, and for Nico and Jack not to get too frustrated, should the losses start mounting.   

Well the whole "players getting frustrated thing" i get it but in the long run i don't think it's that relevant. What's really important is to put the right team together in order to be able to win a cup.

Talk to fans of like San Jose or wtv. For how long were they "good" so that fans should be able to enjoy it but many only remember how they constantly sh!t the bed and couldnt deliver in the playoffs and seal the deal.

Or just look a washington. If they didn't win that cup. They would have be considered a failure to many people. 

10 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I sure hope the dude is only like this online cause that's his way of not letting ALL this..... bi-polar... Tourette syndrome like meltdowns... mentally unstableness... calling for people to be exiled, get cancer, career ending injuries or wtv one moment and the next wanting to blow them.... Well basically all that madness... leak into his real life. He's funny tho.

If not this could legit be a reality tv show lol 

He seems like a good time. But I’m pretty sure he doesn’t threaten to kill or blow his boss or his clients. 

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Would a team take him at 6m?

Not a team with a real GM, aside from that most teams in the running don't have money/space to piss away on a crappy d-man. We're asking a team to pay a lot of money (in this case say 6M assuming we eat 3M) for a guy who's not good, hasn't been good AND still has another year after this one. 

Could it happen, sure I guess. Could the hottest chick on the planet show up on our doorstep, sure I guess.

Might as well continue to hope he just gets better, all three scenarios have the same odds.

Edited by titans04

I still think Fitz should try to work something with Seattle for PK. The league would probably love a character with a big social media following on an expansion team. 

I like PK behind the net, in the corners, out muscling people, those are definitely still his strengths. He seems to make mistakes on such a grandiose level though. Losing the puck is bad. Losing it on the powerplay is worse. Losing it on the powerplay and then negating the powerplay with a hook is even more worse-er. That hook after a takeaway thing has been an obvious penalty since the 2005 lockout. 

He can contribute, but 25 minutes a night is just too much at this point. I hope Ruff can figure out how to reign him in and also starts seeing who can handle bigger minutes. 

Worst part of the PK thing was that he was partially acquired in an attempt to lock up good ole Taylor Hall. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

We will likely have him until the trade deadline next year. Just expect that and if it happens sooner, you’ll be pleasantly surprised. 

If it happens at any point I'll be thrilled. Lots of positives (ok more than I expected anyway) so far this season but he continues to be a boil on the ass of the team. At some point he'll be gone, that's the end goal. Focusing on the future is more enjoyable.

21 minutes ago, titans04 said:

If it happens at any point I'll be thrilled. Lots of positives (ok more than I expected anyway) so far this season but he continues to be a boil on the ass of the team. At some point he'll be gone, that's the end goal. Focusing on the future is more enjoyable.

i know people just think i blindly hate him. But honestly i can give him credit when it's due and i did in the past. But honestly i don't remember a SINGLE game when i felt Subban carried the team on his back or had a very strong game. For a guy getting paid 9m a season it's obviously not good enough

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i know people just think i blindly hate him. But honestly i can give him credit when it's due and i did in the past. But honestly i don't remember a SINGLE game when i felt Subban carried the team on his back or had a very strong game. For a guy getting paid 9m a season it's obviously not good enough

He certainly hasn’t done that, but I also don’t remember a whole lot of times that he fvcked something up where it cost us a game either. That’s not to say he’s played well, I just think a lot of people are more critical of him than of other players. Let’s say it’s because he makes $9m and more is expected of him. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

He certainly hasn’t done that, but I also don’t remember a whole lot of times that he fvcked something up where it cost us a game either. That’s not to say he’s played well, I just think a lot of people are more critical of him than of other players. Let’s say it’s because he makes $9m and more is expected of him. 

He's also very noticeable in his play style. Big wind up on shots, a lot of motion, hitting, etc. He isn't like Severson who just kinda glides passed after a goal goes in and you have to see the replay to see if he was even on the ice

31 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm not an expert, but it seems to me that PK's not taking many risks, which can be good and bad. A couple of PP goals would make things look a lot better.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Well for me it's cause 1- He's getting paid $9m yeah  2- He's been making these mistakes for years now. He's a vet. He should know better and stop making those stupid mistakes.

Its harder to blame guys who are just not what they use to physically, easily get beaten or flat footed, not as fast or wtv.. That's understandable. With PK it's so frustrating cause he just keep making those same mistakes.

That's actually what ultimately got him traded from MTL. The team lost Price to injury and they were nosediving hard with the upcoming playoffs. And i think it was 4 games in a row where he cost them the game with a dumb turnover in his zone trying to dangle and spinorama around upcoming players when he had clean outlet passes options. To the point Therrien called him out in the media and singlehandedly blamed him for their loss against Colorado cause its been like 4 games in a row. And instead of acknowledging that, PK replied that he made that same play 1000 times over the season and simply lost an edge. 

That's what frustrating with him.

But seems like Ruff finally got him to stick to a very simple gameplan. And based on what he said the other day. He's clearly trying to get Subban to stick to that

Edited by SterioDesign

11 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I hope none of you guys are like your online personas. Mfitz would be the person who throws himself into every conversation possible. Entertaining and exhausting. You’d be wearing a lot of white sheets I think? (Look, another joke.) 

I’m not sure I get the joke. But honestly, no, in real life most people think I’m quiet and soft spoken. Until you get to know me. We kind of skipped that part. 

I personally had no problem with your offers of oral treats to Hall, honestly, you’re much more fun when you’re in a good mood (like most people). 

12 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Definitely not my clients.

Listen, everyone wants a raise, you have to treat the boss good.