GDT: Devils @ Buffalo 1:00 PM MSG+

18 hours ago, MB3 said:

lol he shanked an open net but he’s unmistakably one of the best defensive forwards on the team and his offense is coming around. 

what a trash take 

yea ok, I don't know if maybe you haven't been watching since he's been drafted at 6 over all.... he's trash and contributes nothing for a "6th selection" ... see brazal.. yea we got screwed. keep drinking the Kool aid. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I guess it's a good thing you guys have me as the Karen of the board because I complained to the manager and got the audio fixed. You're all welcome! 

Coach with the sick burn on PK 🤣

Posted Images

I’ve never been big on Zacha, but trash is way harsh. He’s disappointing for sure, but he’s not completely awful either. He has one more year left of his deal after this season, if he doesn’t take the next step (I don’t think he will) then let him walk. I would also consider trading him, but I doubt we’d get anything decent back if he was the main piece. He’d have to be part of a package. 

55 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

yea ok, I don't know if maybe you haven't been watching since he's been drafted at 6 over all.... he's trash and contributes nothing for a "6th selection" ... see brazal.. yea we got screwed. keep drinking the Kool aid. 

I am so mad that the Devils don’t draft with the benefit of hindsight. It’s crystal clear Barzal is a much better option, why can’t they just go back and draft him?! 

Your analysis is exceptional as always my dude. Thank you! 

• Like 1

Even I don’t think he’s trash. He’s roster filler, but he is NHL roster filler. Serviceable guy, does some good stuff on the PK, every once in a while he starts pouting up a couple points. A good enough player to take a 3rd or 4th line spot.

Is that what you want from a guy drafted 6th overall? Of course not. But is he a “bust”? No. If he had left to go play in the KHL, I think you could make that argument. 

The “Almost” stuff is funny because he is constantly close but not quite achieving what he could. He seems to do that more often than anyone I have ever seen, missing the wide open net last game being the latest example. 

Considering there are players drafted in the Top 10 that never make it, I can’t call Zacha trash either.  Those who still hold Zacha to a “6th overall, must be a star someday” standard are setting themselves up to be aggravated.  But if fans hope that he can become a cost-effective, long-term, 3C who can fill in briefly as a Top 6 when needed (and will have random frustrating moments, like missing a wide-open empty net), that’s a reasonable expectation at this point.  I’ll settle for useful.

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I am so mad that the Devils don’t draft with the benefit of hindsight. It’s crystal clear Barzal is a much better option, why can’t they just go back and draft him?! 

Your analysis is exceptional as always my dude. Thank you! 

I also question the logic that Barzal would have developed the way he did if he got dropped into the 2016 Devils instead of an Islanders team with Tavares. I don't think he just walks in and puts up 80 points with Mike Cammalleri on his line 

Edited by Devil Dan 56
7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

(and will have random frustrating moments, like missing a wide-open empty net)

If only they were random...

😃

• Like 1
14 hours ago, MB3 said:

I have a Kyle Palmieri jersey, man. I loved him from the day we traded for him up until two years ago. 

But watch that Kyle Palmieri, and compare it with even last year’s version. He used to have so much snarl. He used to scratch and claw in dirty areas, forecheck like a mean motherfvcker and his goal-scoring was an added bonus to a legitimately awesome player. 

Starting last year and bleeding horribly into this year became a Michael Ryder. I will make no tough plays, I will make zero effort in any corner, I will show no heart. I will rip one-timers from my circle, and then I will sit on the bench. 

He’s so frustrating *because* he was so awesome. And he really, really was awesome. 

have you seen Ted Lasso?

The whole time i watched it Roy Kent reminded me of Palmiery... and i watched it before the season started lol even more now

• Haha 1