Devils ready to resume Games! COVID-19 list down to 5

John Wensink

** Breaking News ** As per what I’m told ; adhering to guidelines, given some Covid cases within their group, the
@NJDevils game tomorrow in Pittsburgh with the @penguins is now postponed for a later date.
#HockeyTwitter

HockeyTwitter_ON.png
Edited by John Wensink

So Mac gave it to Zajac, Zajac gave it to Palms, Palms gave it to Johnsson, Kuokkanen, McLeod and Zacha...

Clearly it was done to get Dell, Vats and Nico back before playing Pitt.

Well played, Fitz, well played. Some masterful roster management!

Edited by jagknife

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I mean, doesn't that make most of Buffalo's active roster exposed, having played against multiple sick players yesterday?

That’s what I don’t get. Technically all of our players, all of their players, and the officials have all been exposed. What good does it do to cancel our game and let them go infect everyone?

• Like 4

https://www.nj.com/devils/2021/02/devils-covid-outbreak-prompts-nhl-to-postpone-upcoming-games-reports-say.html

There are now 10 Devils on the NHL’s COVID-19 list: Mackenzie Blackwood, Connor Carrick, Aaron Dell, Andreas Johnsson, Janne Kuokkanen, Michael McLeod, Palmieri, Sami Vatanen, Pavel Zacha and Zajac.

14 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I mean, doesn't that make most of Buffalo's active roster exposed, having played against multiple sick players yesterday?

I don't get how Buffalo can play tomorrow either, not sure why the league would risk them playing the Islanders and infecting them as well but certainly seems like they will only be reactive and not proactive with this stuff. 

• Like 2

This sucks.   Hope all the players and everyone is OK, but I imagine this probably hinders the team a bit, maybe even a ton.  Guys just starting to get some chemistry together, and young guys just getting NHL experience in general, and now they have to sit out a week+.  I assume they're not allowed to practice/train?

21 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Interesting that the Northern Division is now the only one not to have had to miss any games.

Because Canada actually takes Covid seriously, unlike a certain country to it’s south.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 3

Just hope all of the players and their families come through this OK.  Goddamn.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s my only real feeling on it. It’s bigger than hockey. 

And another reminder of just how far away we remain from “old normal”.

But yeah, as much as I was enjoying this start (and feeling passionate about watching Devils hockey), that takes a distant backseat to the health of the players.  Just hope they can all get through this.

• Like 2