Devils ready to resume Games! COVID-19 list down to 5

John Wensink

6 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

One day isn’t enough for the incubation period to pass.

its also possible that none of our players did have covid either but rather were potentially exposed to someone or at a location where cases were reported.

It's actually good news. Cause if any of our player actually had it. All our players would be put on the list and so does the sabres i'd assume.

Edited by SterioDesign

10 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

One day isn’t enough for the incubation period to pass.

But a positive test isn’t required to land on the list. High risk exposure is enough. If any of our guys tested positive following the game, I would say everyone on the ice was at a high risk for exposure. 

Or at a minimum, more of our guys. McLeod scored twice and had teammates all over him, now he is on the list. Why not his linemates?

Always better to wait for facts to come out (as opposed to trying to guess what being in protocol means, as far as who actually has Covid and who doesn't)...unfortunately, lots of positives on the Devils:

Devils forced to postpone three games because of COVID (nbcsports.com)

The Devils played back-to-back games against the Sabres in Buffalo on Saturday and Sunday. Center Travis Zajac missed Saturday’s game after a positive test and forward Kyle Palmieri did not play Sunday after a positive test.

On Monday, Andreas Johnsson, Janne Kuokkanen, Michael McLeod and Pavel Zacha all tested positive. They played in the games over the weekend.

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Always better to wait for facts to come out (as opposed to trying to guess what being in protocol means, as far as who actually has Covid and who doesn't)...unfortunately, lots of positives on the Devils:

Devils forced to postpone three games because of COVID (nbcsports.com)

The Devils played back-to-back games against the Sabres in Buffalo on Saturday and Sunday. Center Travis Zajac missed Saturday’s game after a positive test and forward Kyle Palmieri did not play Sunday after a positive test.

On Monday, Andreas Johnsson, Janne Kuokkanen, Michael McLeod and Pavel Zacha all tested positive. They played in the games over the weekend.

well sh!t

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

I much prefer the postponed games vs playing with a practice squad.

Same.  At least when these players start to recover, they can put a team on the ice that approximates the best possible.

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

well sh!t

Scary.  I have 10 employees working for me here, and keep waiting for the day when someone finally tests positive.  My company's second branch (in Colorado Springs) already went through an outbreak...only one person didn't get it; fortunately, the rest all recovered with a reasonable timeframe, with no lingering issues.  

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Same.  At least when these players start to recover, they can put a team on the ice that approximates the best possible.

Scary.  I have 10 employees working for me here, and keep waiting for the day when someone finally tests positive.  My company's second branch (in Colorado Springs) already went through an outbreak...only one person didn't get it; fortunately, the rest all recovered with a reasonable timeframe, with no lingering issues.  

Yeah like i said earlier it's certainly scary but the numbers are reassuring in a way that almost 99% of people recover no problem so

Someone's definitely got a lot to answer for why Sunday's game was played after a second straight day of a Devil being put on the COVID list - leaving out the obvious quarantine cases of Carrick, Dell and Vatanen.  Whether that someone is us or the league (or both) needs to be made a matter of public record and if it's us then the league is pretty much right in whatever punishment we get for it.  Lindy and Fitz clearly graduated from the Lou school of being less than forthcoming with any kind of info at all but you can't jeopardize public health for this sh!t, this isn't hiding a damn hamstring injury.

If it's the league's fault then obviously you can see why a sh!t number of teams have already had breakouts three weeks in.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

I hope all are okay and hope the league doesn't overreach with a severe roster penalty like draft picks.

Make it a financial one.

Does the league administer the tests or is that a team responsibility? For some reason i was under the impression that the league tested and handled the results. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Does the league administer the tests or is that a team responsibility? For some reason i was under the impression that the league tested and handled the results. 

The Devils had their players take the tests and a player even ended up on protocol. I would think there is no penalty to the team if the team didn't hide anything. The league has to take the heat for this. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

The Devils had their players take the tests and a player even ended up on protocol. I would think there is no penalty to the team if the team didn't hide anything. The league has to take the heat for this. 

Agreed. Sounds like they have been testing a lot, since they kept adding guys to the list. 

I’m not getting why anyone should be penalized. 

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Agreed. Sounds like they have been testing a lot, since they kept adding guys to the list. 

I’m not getting why anyone should be penalized. 

It's the wording of the tweets and articles,makes it sound like the devils did wrong. Hopefully more information comes out soon.

3 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

this has as much to do with the weather as it does the fact that the devils are showing an outbreak. so i wouldn't lose sleep over the devils getting punished some how.

Im not worried about the team getting punished, we all knew Palms was out so it's not like the team hid it and I'd assume someone at the NHL is keeping tabs on this stuff. It's still smart either way to delay the game and make sure everyone on Buffalo is ok instead of getting another team, the Islanders, sick and make it even harder to make up games. 

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Jesus I hope our testing procedures were up to snuff. League is going to audit everything.

Losing a draft pick would be awful.

That would be infuriating and unacceptable, and if the Devils don’t have their ducks in a row on this, then they deserve punishment. Ridiculous.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That would be infuriating and unacceptable, and if the Devils don’t have their ducks in a row on this, then they deserve punishment. Ridiculous.

On the surface it just smells weird to me.  The timing of everything seems to overlap playing this weekend and meanwhile a couple guys are in protocol (over the weekend) and the next day (Monday) the number goes to 10.  Not saying they did anything maliciously it just stinks from here, like a drunken morning after white castle/taco bell feast. 

• Like 1