Devils ready to resume Games! COVID-19 list down to 5

John Wensink

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I would imagine they try to sell packages for the rest of the season first, and then individual games will be available. 

They will assure that only the most affluent fans can attend if tickets are $600 a piece. 

Ohhhhh oops I'm on board now, 20 games at $600 a piece. I was thinking 20 tickets for a game at $600 each. My bad. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Ohhhhh oops I'm on board now, 20 games at $600 a piece. I was thinking 20 tickets for a game at $600 each. My bad. 

Still a pretty big financial commitment for a lot of people. I wouldn’t be in because frankly my schedule doesn’t allow me to attend 20 games, but those who are able or who are usually STH’s should be happy with that. 

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Still a pretty big financial commitment for a lot of people. I wouldn’t be in because frankly my schedule doesn’t allow me to attend 20 games, but those who are able or who are usually STH’s should be happy with that. 

I'm out period on this season as someone who normally doesn't miss more than 5 games a season but I am curious to see how much the Devils end up charging. If the prices are ridiculous it's going to be interesting to see how many people actually go. I really don't see the average family of 4 making a family trip to get covid tests just so they can drop a few hundred bucks on tickets to attend a game but what the hell do I know lol

7 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm out period on this season as someone who normally doesn't miss more than 5 games a season but I am curious to see how much the Devils end up charging. If the prices are ridiculous it's going to be interesting to see how many people actually go. I really don't see the average family of 4 making a family trip to get covid tests just so they can drop a few hundred bucks on tickets to attend a game but what the hell do I know lol

I won't be doing it. The concept of getting tested when you don't think you are sick is annoying to me, like its a good idea to go around a bunch of people who are getting tested because they think they are sick so I can go to a game. 

I will pass and watch at home on the big screen. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, titans04 said:

round and round we go

wrong spider man GIF

Amanda tweeted nothing to worry about, that they came off the list too early and will be removed in the coming days in accordance with their actual timeline.

Fraud Period is just going for clicks/retweets without telling the entire story.

EDIT: here’s the Stein tweet:

EDIT 2: according to CM (I can’t spell his name without looking) it was a clerical error 

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 2

Something else that hasn't really been mentioned on social media, but I honestly may have missed it here in this thread so I apologize, is the possibility of Refs going in and out of bubbles. My days are blending together with work picking back up but I feel I read that one of the linesman from the NJ/Buf games went to Colorado or Minnesota's next.

If true, there is the MASSIVE failure on the league. If teams can't cross the streams, then why can officials?

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Amanda tweeted nothing to worry about, that they came off the list too early and will be removed in the coming days in accordance with their actual timeline.

Fraud Period is just going for clicks/retweets without telling the entire story.

EDIT: here’s the Stein tweet:

EDIT 2: according to CM (I can’t spell his name without looking) it was a clerical error 

thank Jag I hadn't seen that.

I'm still of the opinion we're damn near if not at the top of how not to do it when it comes to managing covid. Almost if not our entire roster has been impacted for an extended period of time, even the injured guys who haven't been traveling with the team.

20 minutes ago, titans04 said:

thank Jag I hadn't seen that.

I'm still of the opinion we're damn near if not at the top of how not to do it when it comes to managing covid. Almost if not our entire roster has been impacted for an extended period of time, even the injured guys who haven't been traveling with the team.

So while the optics are atrocious, I agree, I’m in the mindset of this is a failure on the league as much as it is in us. Granted we’re in unprecedented times, allowing players to play league wide with test results pending was a recipe for disaster.

hell the golden knights had a player get pulled mid game for a positive test (Noesek) 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/new-yorks-plan-to-reopen-arenas-wont-come-cheap-for-fans/2883926/

$200 just for the testing in addition to the cost of the tickets.

No chance in hell I'll ever go under these circumstances. fvck that. 

Same here. My gameday bill for tickets, parking, and snacks is about $100. Even if all that stayed the same, adding $200 on top would be a big no from me.

See you at a game in 2024-25 or whenever. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I won't be doing it. The concept of getting tested when you don't think you are sick is annoying to me, like its a good idea to go around a bunch of people who are getting tested because they think they are sick so I can go to a game. 

I will pass and watch at home on the big screen. 

The dept of health should issue you a card saying you've had it and beat it.. you should be be safe to go.

11 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/new-yorks-plan-to-reopen-arenas-wont-come-cheap-for-fans/2883926/

$200 just for the testing in addition to the cost of the tickets.

No chance in hell I'll ever go under these circumstances. fvck that. 

NJ has free testing provided by municipalities and counties.  In Morris County, the testing site is the county college where you go into a large room with several tables spaced more than 6 feet apart and proceed to spit into a tube until it reaches a certain line.  It's gross, but its free and the results come back within 24-48 hours right to your email.  Regardless, I'm likely to stay away this entire season and hope to be vaccinated before the 2021-22 season starts.

16 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

NJ has free testing provided by municipalities and counties.  In Morris County, the testing site is the county college where you go into a large room with several tables spaced more than 6 feet apart and proceed to spit into a tube until it reaches a certain line.  It's gross, but its free and the results come back within 24-48 hours right to your email.  Regardless, I'm likely to stay away this entire season and hope to be vaccinated before the 2021-22 season starts.

If you wanna go to a Nets game though you have to use their testing system, they won't be accepting other tests. I have no idea if anyone's health insurance would cover that though since its technically a voluntary test. 

Every team/city is most likely going to be different too, Florida and Texas aren't requiring tests for events and they have been running events for months and months now. 

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

If you wanna go to a Nets game though you have to use their testing system, they won't be accepting other tests. I have no idea if anyone's health insurance would cover that though since its technically a voluntary test. 

Every team/city is most likely going to be different too, Florida and Texas aren't requiring tests for events and they have been running events for months and months now. 

I was just saying the same thing. the way it sounded in the video, you have to use their testing process and you have to pay for it. You can't just walk up with a negative test result and hand it to them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

I didn't realize they were requiring people to use their own testing service.  That's a total sh!t show.  No private insurance will pay for that testing, making it stupid expensive just to attend 1 game.  If people are that hard up to watch an NBA game live, go for it.  But if the Devils implemented a similar protocol, that would be a hard pass for me.  

1 hour ago, EdgeControl said:

studies have shown 8 mons.. and longer.. call it a year ...

I know someone who had it in March and tested negative for the antibodies in November. His wife had covid the same time as him but still had the antibodies in November. She also had a worse case than him, so it doesn't seem like there's an exact timeline yet

22 hours ago, jagknife said:

So while the optics are atrocious, I agree, I’m in the mindset of this is a failure on the league as much as it is in us. Granted we’re in unprecedented times, allowing players to play league wide with test results pending was a recipe for disaster.

hell the golden knights had a player get pulled mid game for a positive test (Noesek) 

There are a any number of other teams going through this, too.  I agree that the league got greedy and dropped the ball (sorry, puck).

2 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I know someone who had it in March and tested negative for the antibodies in November. His wife had covid the same time as him but still had the antibodies in November. She also had a worse case than him, so it doesn't seem like there's an exact timeline yet

Thats about 8 months like the studies show

16 hours ago, aclc79 said:

There are a any number of other teams going through this, too.  I agree that the league got greedy and dropped the ball (sorry, puck).

I don't think its so much greed as it was them assuming 4x people jumping bubbles wouldn't be a problem. Its narrow-sighted but I don't think it was as much greed as it was everyone in the league (players, owners, et al) wanting to get going again.