Devils ready to resume Games! COVID-19 list down to 5

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That would be infuriating and unacceptable, and if the Devils don’t have their ducks in a row on this, then they deserve punishment. Ridiculous.

On the surface it just smells weird to me.  The timing of everything seems to overlap playing this weekend and meanwhile a couple guys are in protocol (over the weekend) and the next day (Monday) the number goes to 10.  Not saying they did anything maliciously it just stinks from here, like a drunken morning after white castle/taco bell feast. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's stop the usual inane calling out for one thread and agree we wish our players well, eh?  

Y'all got anymore of them Devils games?

Carrick is holding his son, sans mask, per the Devils Instagram account as of a few hours ago so I think it is safe to say he dodged the COVID bullet, thank god. Wishing him and everyone else who

Posted Images

Does anyone know how it actually works? What aspects is the team responsible for and what does the league do?

Hall and Ristolainen are the 2 Sabres listed for now, I would bet the ranch that list grows pretty quickly. What a mess.

Edited by titans04
3 minutes ago, Max20Characters said:

With the games only suspended for a week, as opposed to the usual 14 day quarantine, I'm assuming this is precautionary "been in contact with a covider" as opposed to actually having covid. And then they just wait for the test results to come back

Aren’t our games only suspended for a week also?

9 minutes ago, Max20Characters said:

With the games only suspended for a week, as opposed to the usual 14 day quarantine, I'm assuming this is precautionary "been in contact with a covider" as opposed to actually having covid. And then they just wait for the test results to come back

I was just thinking this as well, and I think that has to be the case, because I have two sets of friends (who don't know each other), who each got Covid within the last few months, and all the while when they were infected, their spouses, with whom they shared a bed with, were intimate with, etc, never got the virus themselves.  So I have a heard time thinking that all of the guys on that list actually have Covid, as opposed to having simply been in contact with someone who may have had it, which begs the question...can't they get a bunch of tests and given them to players and those who are negative would be eligible to play?  I know of quite a few places locally near me that have been able to turn around tests within an hour or two (maybe less?), so I imagine a big time league, which has known that it would start a season for a while, would have been able to acquire a bunch of tests to be used on an as-needed basis.  

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

because I have two sets of friends (who don't know each other), who each got Covid within the last few months, and all the while when they were infected, their spouses, with whom they shared a bed with, were intimate with, etc, never got the virus themselves.  

That’s good because Zacha has been fvcking all of us for years!! ;) 

But seriously, the NBC Sports report states that all of those guys tested positive on Monday. Not that they were in contact, they actually tested positive. 

I guess that report could be wrong. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s good because Zacha has been fvcking all of us for years!! ;) 

But seriously, the NBC Sports report states that all of those guys tested positive on Monday. Not that they were in contact, they actually tested positive. 

I guess that report could be wrong. 

Wow, I didn't see/read that. That's absolutely incredible if true, and I really don't get it at all. 

EDIT:  I mean, how could they all have possibly gotten it - was there something in the drinking water/gatorade bottles?  

Edited by NJDfan1711
2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Wow, I didn't see/read that. That's absolutely incredible if true, and I really don't get it at all. 

EDIT:  I mean, how could they all have possibly gotten it - was there something in the drinking water/gatorade bottles?  

Well we’ve all been told to stay 6 feet apart and wear masks. They didn’t stay 6 feet apart, didn’t wear masks, and were right on top of one another, breathing heavily with droplets flying everywhere...that’s pretty much exactly how you get it according to the CDC. 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Well we’ve all been told to stay 6 feet apart and wear masks. They didn’t stay 6 feet apart, didn’t wear masks, and were right on top of one another, breathing heavily with droplets flying everywhere...that’s pretty much exactly how you get it according to the CDC. 

I suppose it's not impossible, though I still feel like it's pretty unlikely - I mean, the sheer precise-ness that you'd need to have to transmit it that way, I feel like you'd essentially have to be making out with your opponent, and even then it doesn't make sense considering the example I mentioned above where people I know shared a household with infected family members and still didn't get it.  Not only that, but almost every player has a visor w/helmet which you'd think would block some of it, not to mention the fact that they're fully clothed with jerseys, gloves etc.  So it's not like like they're exposed and really vulnerable.  

Also, if the premise of the mass infection around the team(s) is due to the contact they've had with each other on the ice, why then haven't any NFL players gotten it at this crazy of a rate, considering they have just as much contact, and less equipment/covering?

Edited by NJDfan1711
4 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I suppose it's not impossible, though I still feel like it's pretty unlikely - I mean, the sheer precise-ness that you'd need to have to transmit it that way, I feel like you'd essentially have to be making out with your opponent, and even then it doesn't make sense considering the example I mentioned above where people I know shared a household with infected family members and still didn't get it.  Not only that, but almost every player has a visor w/helmet which you'd think would block some of it, not to mention the fact that they're fully clothed with jerseys, gloves etc.  So it's not like like they're exposed and really vulnerable.  

Also, if the premise of the mass infection around the team(s) is due to the contact they've had with each other on the ice, why then haven't any NFL players gotten it at this crazy of a rate, considering they have just as much contact, and less equipment/covering?

There's still been plenty of scruffles and guys getting in each other's faces yelling at one another. That would be more than enough to transfer it. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I’m a little confused as to how you think COVID is transmitted. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

with this many players if some actually tested positive. There's no way that it's only postponed until the 6th

Unless those guys then cannot play when we resume

Next game would be 2/9, so there are a couple more days in there. That would be 9 days after our last game, 1 day short of the recommended 10 day reduced quarantine period. 

I have to think more postponed games (and hopefully not, but more positive tests) may be forthcoming. 

37 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

with this many players if some actually tested positive. There's no way that it's only postponed until the 6th

Unless those guys then cannot play when we resume

Yeah gonna be a little while before the next game it would appear. Just hope the guys all make full recoveries and feel better soon. And hopefully the guys who tested positive who have families (Palms, Zajac) didn’t bring it home to them. 

Edited by MadDog2020