Jump to content

Devils ready to resume Games! COVID-19 list down to 5


John Wensink
 Share

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Speaking of coach Bombay, when is the Mighty Ducks show supposed to be out anyway?

I was really pumped when it was announced but the trailer really didn't do anything for me. I'll give it a shot for sure but the kids i've seen in the trailer doesn't seem to have any sort of.... charisma or wtv. The main kid was funny ingood boys but not sure i see him carrying a series. we'll see

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I was really pumped when it was announced but the trailer really didn't do anything for me. I'll give it a shot for sure but the kids i've seen in the trailer doesn't seem to have any sort of.... charisma or wtv. The main kid was funny ingood boys but not sure i see him carrying a series. we'll see

 

Yeah, we’ll see. I’m cautiously optimistic though. Disney Plus is doing a good job with their shows so far. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, aclc79 said:

This is just not good.  Is there something wrong that we are doing?  Any thoughts?

Really doesn't take much to spread if one guy gets it, the locker rooms throughout the league, especially on the road really aren't that big. That's why the NHL announced in that recent update with 4 changes that they want to move all stalls 6 feet apart from one each other now. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welp, I can say that since the last time I posted here I've been personally dealing with illness due to COVID thanks to a direct exposure to someone who chose to go out partying over a weekend and come to work the next day.  I'm 31, reasonably healthy and an average dude (excluding my hairline, thanks genetics) and this thing kicked my ass for the better part of a full week.

Really sucked not having Devils hockey to watch while in isolation.  

 

Edited by Devilsfan118
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Welp, I can say that since the last time I posted here I've been personally dealing with illness due to COVID thanks to a direct exposure to someone who chose to go out partying over a weekend and come to work the next day.  I'm 31, reasonably healthy and an average dude (excluding my hairline, thanks genetics) and this thing kicked my ass for the better part of a full week.

Really sucked not having Devils hockey to watch while in isolation.  

 

Damn glad you're doing okay. If you don't mind, what were your symptoms like?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Welp, I can say that since the last time I posted here I've been personally dealing with illness due to COVID thanks to a direct exposure to someone who chose to go out partying over a weekend and come to work the next day.  I'm 31, reasonably healthy and an average dude (excluding my hairline, thanks genetics) and this thing kicked my ass for the better part of a full week.

Really sucked not having Devils hockey to watch while in isolation.  

 

Hope you are feeling better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Welp, I can say that since the last time I posted here I've been personally dealing with illness due to COVID thanks to a direct exposure to someone who chose to go out partying over a weekend and come to work the next day.  I'm 31, reasonably healthy and an average dude (excluding my hairline, thanks genetics) and this thing kicked my ass for the better part of a full week.

Really sucked not having Devils hockey to watch while in isolation.  

 

Ah damn, sorry to hear that but glad you're feeling better now! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Damn glad you're doing okay. If you don't mind, what were your symptoms like?

Don't mind at sharing all, so we (my coworkers and I) learned on Friday, 1/29, that someone had been in our site office on Tuesday, 1/26, who eventually tested positive.  So I started experiencing very mild symptoms on Saturday, 1/30, including a slightly sore throat and a runny nose.  Symptoms became more pronounced on Sunday, and then on Monday it became pretty clear I had it when I added a mild fever and severe cough.  Got my test on Monday (PCR), positive results confirmed my suspicions on Wednesday.

At the worst of it, I felt like I had dressed for the Devils and gotten into a line brawl for about 3-4 days in a row.  My body was so sore from head to toe, especially my lower back and chest.  Was pretty fatigued as well, was just worn out from all the coughing.  Now on the tail end of it (hopefully), I've got some congestion in my head/chest that is still clearing out and, interesting, my one ear is plugged.  Almost feels like a sinus infection (maybe it is, who knows).

Thankfully, I never lost my senses of taste and smell.  My coworkers all experienced similar symptoms (especially the body aches), but a couple did lose their smell and taste.  So we all presumably got the same strain but it affected certain individuals differently.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Hope you are feeling better. 

 

58 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Ah damn, sorry to hear that but glad you're feeling better now! 

Thank you guys, I really appreciate it.  Thankfully I was never "afraid" for my health but it was a doozy.

All in all, 8 coworkers were infected and forced to isolate because of one person's bad decision.  Frustrating to say the least.

  • Shocking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

All in all, 8 coworkers were infected and forced to isolate because of one person's bad decision.  Frustrating to say the least.

This is why this thing is still a problem. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

This is why this thing is still a problem. 

A friend of mine literally had to quit his job because his boss kept coming in while his wife was sick in bed with Covid. Wound up infecting 5 other employees before my friend got out. Luckily he didn't catch it, but people REALLY do not take this as seriously as they should

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

A friend of mine literally had to quit his job because his boss kept coming in while his wife was sick in bed with Covid. Wound up infecting 5 other employees before my friend got out. Luckily he didn't catch it, but people REALLY do not take this as seriously as they should

Its amazing that we're almost a year in at this point and people still have a complete misunderstanding about the virus, how serious it is, how it's spread, etc. 

Or, of course, don't believe it exists at all and that the government is just looking to give you a vaccine so they can microchip you. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Its amazing that we're almost a year in at this point and people still have a complete misunderstanding about the virus, how serious it is, how it's spread, etc. 

Or, of course, don't believe it exists at all and that the government is just looking to give you a vaccine so they can microchip you. 

The Karen’s I see out in public giving these poor kids that work in stores or restaurants attitude for being asked (politely) to put on a mask are the absolute worst. I encountered one such wildebeest out in the wild this past weekend. I wanted to offer the kid my assistance...

image.gif.408efb18785288af1dabfe166fd7ee2d.gif

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Its amazing that we're almost a year in at this point and people still have a complete misunderstanding about the virus, how serious it is, how it's spread, etc. 

Or, of course, don't believe it exists at all and that the government is just looking to give you a vaccine so they can microchip you. 

one of my best friend moved to Florida after highschool and came back after college. And he came back a true and true american. (this is not really a jab to you guys) But he's now the stereotypical. "I WANT MY RIGHTS BACK!!!" IT'S BEEN A YEAR AND LOCKDOWNS DOESNT WORK!" etc etc even calling politicians to get "answers". And he thinks that we're only on lockdowns or have restrictions because people are "Taking it". And obviously making it seem like the virus is not that bad.

I've tried desperately to talk some senses into him but it's like talking to a wall. the guy works from home, almost never get out of his house, doesn't travel or anything. But his rights to do all those things are now taken away arr arr arrrrr

Like anything he's suggesting to do would make everything like.... 100000x worst. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m not sure there’s another way to take that...

Well if you would know a lot of Canadians (outside Quebec) you'd understand haha

We don't even have freedom of speech in Canada. You can literally get sued and go to court for making a joke. So the whole freedom thing is not a big part of the culture like it is for Americans. I guess that's what i mean. The whole "i'll do what i want and you can't tell me what to do" is not as much of a strong cultural thing here.

I did specify "outside of Quebec" though... cause in Quebec they are exactly like this, if not worst lol

Edited by SterioDesign
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I get how you are and you didn’t intend it that way, but you basically stereotyped an entire nation of people. 

Well people need to understand that when anyone says "Ahhh WTV GROUP always does this". That it obviously doesn't really mean that every single person in that group is actually like that. It just means that there's a very good chunk of them doing this and that yes it's a stereotype.

Like i hate habs fans. But i don't literally hate every single person who root for MTL lol cmon now

 

Edited by SterioDesign
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well people need to understand that when anyone says "Ahhh WTV GROUP always does this". That it obviously doesn't really mean that every single person in that group is actually like that. It just means that there's a very good chunk of them doing this and that yes it's a stereotype.

Like i hate habs fans. But i don't literally hate every single person who root for MTL lol cmon now

 

Yeah, Like I said I know how you meant it. 

Although, insert Rangers fan instead of Habs and maybe you have something...

Ok I don’t hate every Rangers fan, but hockey wise I definitely do lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

one of my best friend moved to Florida after highschool and came back after college. And he came back a true and true american. (this is not really a jab to you guys) But he's now the stereotypical. "I WANT MY RIGHTS BACK!!!" IT'S BEEN A YEAR AND LOCKDOWNS DOESNT WORK!" etc etc even calling politicians to get "answers". And he thinks that we're only on lockdowns or have restrictions because people are "Taking it". And obviously making it seem like the virus is not that bad.

I've tried desperately to talk some senses into him but it's like talking to a wall. the guy works from home, almost never get out of his house, doesn't travel or anything. But his rights to do all those things are now taken away arr arr arrrrr

Like anything he's suggesting to do would make everything like.... 100000x worst. 

And now you know what it’s like to live down here among the most idiotic population on earth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Should be noted, though, the concept that people outside the US have of Americans running around making declarations about their freedoms isn't true at all. Even in America, most of us think those people are fvcking weirdos. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

And now you know what it’s like to live down here among the most idiotic population on earth.

Yeah well where i live it hasn't been that bad, we haven't been hit too hard.

But i have a lot of friends in Quebec and in the US and i see them sharing stuff they hear and see. ouch

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.