Devils ready to resume Games! COVID-19 list down to 5

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

fvck that. There should be no fans at all this year. This is why this damn country can’t get out of its own way on this sh!t. Meanwhile, up in Canada where they know what the fvck they’re doing, do you see them allowing any fans? The only division that hasn’t missed a game is the North division for a fvcking reason. But hey, sure, fans down here, where Covid continues to rage on. Great. ‘Merica. 

Agreed. Maybe they should figure out how to keep the teams on the ice throughout the league here in the US first?

• Like 1
  • Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's stop the usual inane calling out for one thread and agree we wish our players well, eh?  

Y'all got anymore of them Devils games?

Carrick is holding his son, sans mask, per the Devils Instagram account as of a few hours ago so I think it is safe to say he dodged the COVID bullet, thank god. Wishing him and everyone else who

Posted Images

5 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

fvck that. There should be no fans at all this year. This is why this damn country can’t get out of its own way on this sh!t. Meanwhile, up in Canada where they know what the fvck they’re doing, do you see them allowing any fans? The only division that hasn’t missed a game is the North division for a fvcking reason. But hey, sure, fans down here, where Covid continues to rage on. Great. ‘Merica. 

You're not completely wrong, but I think it's absolutely worth mentioning that Canada has far less people than we do, and way less densely populated areas/cities.  So while it's pretty clear that certain parts of our country have/are handling Covid poorly, and Canada may in fact be handling it better - perhaps significantly better - it's not exactly an apples to apples comparison.  I mean, Canada has 37 million or so people in their country, total.  There's literally 39 million people in California!  

You could make the argument that Canada is handling Covid "10 times better than the U.S."... yeah, well...we have 10 times the amount of people they do.  Just throwing that out there.

14 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

You're not completely wrong, but I think it's absolutely worth mentioning that Canada has far less people than we do, and way less densely populated areas/cities.  So while it's pretty clear that certain parts of our country have/are handling Covid poorly, and Canada may in fact be handling it better - perhaps significantly better - it's not exactly an apples to apples comparison.  I mean, Canada has 37 million or so people in their country, total.  There's literally 39 million people in California!  

You could make the argument that Canada is handling Covid "10 times better than the U.S."... yeah, well...we have 10 times the amount of people they do.  Just throwing that out there.

Countries far more densely populated than the US seem to have figured out ways to handle it. For example, South Korea is 14 times more densely populated than the US, yet the US has nearly 52 times more cases per million people (83,000-1,600)

Another example, South Dakota and Canada both have population densities of 4 people per square km, but South Dakota has 2051 cases per million people compared to Canadas 554. 

We just did not do a very good job. 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Countries far more densely populated than the US seem to have figured out ways to handle it. For example, South Korea is 14 times more densely populated than the US, yet the US has nearly 52 times more cases per million people (83,000-1,600)

Another example, South Dakota and Canada both have population densities of 4 people per square km, but South Dakota has 2051 cases per million people compared to Canadas 554. 

South Korea also has a population that will actually do what's best for their fellow country folk and follow the rules without yelling plandemic. 

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

You didn't do a good job sur BUT to be fair there's a lot of other factors. No other country in the world has as much travelling and transportation than the USA, that's how it's moving around

north korea have a total of 28 airports, the US have 5,080

where i live ALL the new cases are always linked to travellers.And the spreads are due to travellers who didnt quarantined and spread it around

Edited by SterioDesign
31 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

You didn't do a good job sur BUT to be fair there's a lot of other factors. No other country in the world has as much travelling and transportation than the USA, that's how it's moving around

north korea have a total of 28 airports, the US have 5,080

where i live ALL the new cases are always linked to travellers.And the spreads are due to travellers who didnt quarantined and spread it around

Travel plays a part at this point in the pandemic, but it's a small part. At this point there is a laundry list of problems in the US with regards to covid and they mostly center around selfishness, misinformation, and a special brand of willful ignorance. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Travel plays a part at this point in the pandemic, but it's a small part. At this point there is a laundry list of problems in the US with regards to covid and they mostly center around selfishness, misinformation, and a special brand of willful ignorance. 

ah well i can agree with that too.

I mean there's dumb people just refusing to follow basic rules.

Then there's people getting a pass because people have their ideologies so far up their ass that they can't see common sense.... religious people still able to gather in churches. Or like De Blasio telling his contact-tracing force that they are not allowed to ask people testing positive if they attended a protest. Then they say that there's "no indication" that protests lead to any spread and the tracking which goal is to established where its spreading and who might be at risk, ends there.. lololol I mean, come. on.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

There’s a whole segment of the population that believes the virus either doesn’t exist or isn’t a big deal. One of them was President. 

• Like 2

Agreed, lots of misinformation out there in US. Our messages are are pretty clear up here, and most covid restrictions are government issued and regulated. People even got fined around where I live for sitting on a park bench lol.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

You aren’t wrong either. The larger the population, the more stupidity. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

There’s a whole segment of the population that believes the virus either doesn’t exist or isn’t a big deal. One of them was President. 

They all seem to be lining up for vaccines though.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Well there’s a whole other group of stupid people that don’t like vaccines and/or think it’s a government ploy to inject you with a microchip also. But yes, that seems to be a different bunch. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

You aren’t wrong either. The larger the population, the more stupidity. 

my a$$hole uncle spent the entire year saying it was a hoax and then used a bogus medical employment claim to get the vaccine two weeks before his dad, my 88 year old grandpa with congestive heart failure. 

fvck that guy 

• Angry 2
14 minutes ago, MB3 said:

my a$$hole uncle spent the entire year saying it was a hoax and then used a bogus medical employment claim to get the vaccine two weeks before his dad, my 88 year old grandpa with congestive heart failure. 

fvck that guy 

That’s fvcked up. 

14 minutes ago, MB3 said:

fvck that guy 

Is this the uncle that makes somewhat racist remarks in front of your wife? He sounds like a real peach if it’s the same guy. 

18 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Right, but let’s add fans to the mix. Makes total sense. 🙄Only in America. The Land of the Dumb and the home of the Stupid. 

And capitalism. Just wait till ticket prices come out. Net games start at $600 a ticket per Carton and Roberts and you have to buy twenty of them.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
  • Shocking 1
8 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

And capitalism. Just wait till ticket prices come out. Net games start at $600 a ticket per Carton and Roberts and you have to buy twenty of them.

This country is fvcked up beyond repair.

39 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Is there any other source on this? I could see the prices being high but 20 tickets makes no sense because most of the social distancing "pods" have been like 6 max. 

30 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Is there any other source on this? I could see the prices being high but 20 tickets makes no sense because most of the social distancing "pods" have been like 6 max. 

They have about twenty home games left and only a finite number of people allowed in the building so I'd guess they're gonna see who bites on the full season prices with the playoff carrot before they offer whatever partial and single-game tickets they will.