Who are you, anyway?

The Devils won’t play for a while and this won’t get eyeballs in the off-season. So, I’m curious — for those who want to share, who are you? How old are you? Where do you live? If you’re bold enough, post a photo! Sometimes fun to put faces/context to these weirdos that we all converse with on a daily basis. 

I’ll start. I’m a 29 year old residential architect in Vero Beach, Florida. I specialize in houses in the $5-$15m dollar range. Went to school at UMiami and found my future wife; I worked in NYC for a few years post graduation and then flew down here and popped the question. Been living here ever since. Joined this forum what.. 14 years ago? Crazy.

I’ll get around to posting a photo later.

• Like 1
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m a 45 year old architect and own a small commercial firm in the northern suburbs of Philadelphia.  I grew up in Wayne NJ but came to Philly for college and have been here ever since.  I was a

I actually met the owner of that restaurant! haha  

Great thread - cool to learn a bit more about you guys and nice way to kill the downtime indeed. I'm Greg, turning 35 in two or three weeks.  Originally from Long Island, moved to Southwest FL wi

Posted Images

I'm 42 old from Paris, France ! I'm from Bordeaux (city of wine)

I work as data analyst/Product owner in a big Waste compagny (VEOLIA). Went to history school (to end behind a computer). i had a previous life as a roadie for some french metal bands ... and was a writter who was doing some live report & albums review
I move from Bordeaux to Paris 20 years ago (I was supposed to move to Paris just for 5 weeks... Go figure) and it was the best decision of my life ! Paris is awesome guys ; ) 
Got 2 kids (one 13 old boys and a 8 years girl) they are freaky awesome too ; ) 

And i'm slightly heavily tattooed... 

download_20191031_145235.thumb.jpg.9db0fad44f50e8831040be3dada40d31.jpg
(me at a Halloween party at work)

Also me when i looks like being in Prison 

image.jpeg

• Like 6

I'll share.

44 years old, married (will be 20 years in August) father of one daughter, about to start high school. I'm a litigation attorney. I was part of a 2 man team that received the highest jury verdict in the history of our county. Been at the same job 19 years, my first job out of law school, which is a rarity. 

I'm born and raised in Staten Island and still live here. That probably accounts for my abrasiveness. 

Played in a working bar band as an 19-19 year old, recorded a demo but it was short lived. I don't talk to any of those guys anymore. But I still have the recordings. Highlights include opening for The Fugees (primarily black audience  hated us until we played part of a Jay-Z song we used to play for fun at rehearsal), and opening for Ace Frehley like 3 weeks before the first Kiss reunion with makeup. 

I use the internet and message boards as an outlet for acting less seriously, since my actual life is full of serious all the time.

I have been a Devils fan since I went to my first game in 1986. Prior to that I had zero exposure to hockey, only baseball. I fell in love with the speed and physicality of the game immediately. Baseball is fine, but its more relaxing in the park and happening to watch a game; its a leisure activity. Hockey is not that, I watch every game on the edge of my seat with a lump in my throat. My friend across the street's mother's company had season tickets and we'd get them from time to time. 10 rows behind the home goal, pre-nets. Pucks would be whizzing by our heads all the time. I caught one once. I still have it, along with my ticket stub, in my office. 

50431328813_fe653c8701_b.jpg

I went to all of the parking lot parades. 

I didn't get to any games from 2007-2013 while my daughter was young, now she's my companion whenever I go. My wife is invited but doesn't really like going. Her loss. I bought a printed full season ticket from my daughter's first game on eBay (real tickets were e-tickets) and I have that in my office display too. 

Joined this site around that same time, December 2013. 

Even when I argue with you, I still like you. You guys are fun as hell. 

I don't post pictures of myself online. But they're out there if you look.

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 2

50 years old, owner of my own business...one branch in NJ, with the second branch being in Colorado Springs...about 20 employees total.  Married (for now) with one awesome 12-year-old daughter, who I spend lots of time with...and who has become my preferred partner in crime when it comes to watching Devils games.  

I haven't updated my profile in forever, but I live in Clinton, NJ.  Stupid high taxes (Hunterdon County), but beautiful area...lots of great areas to jog and speedwalk...I average 11 miles per day...rain, snow, hot, cold, doesn't matter, I find a way to get at least 8 miles in during even the crappiest of days...also lift, which I've been doing for over 20 years.  The speedwalking helps with my blood sugar (I'm a Type 2 diabetic...was diagnosed back in August 2016)...I've been able to control it without meds.  I was over 230 lbs when diagnosed (I've been over 240 at times); I'm now about 195. 

I joined just after the 2004-05 lockout.  I've tried other Devils boards, but in general they just don't take.  When we have actual hockey to discuss, this board remains a good place to talk Devils...obviously can get a little dicey otherwise, but the current Covid environment has a way of putting everyone on edge.  I still like it here, quite a bit. 

Having gotten heavily into collecting game worn and game issued jerseys the past few years (DM84 got me into the hobby)...I wear them to games.  Just adds a little something to the whole experience.  I'm also a Patriots and Mets fan, and though I'm heavily into both teams, the Devils are my #1 passion, when it comes to following a sports franchise.  Really miss being able to attend games in person (with my daughter in tow of course), but look forward to getting back to the Rock ASAP.    

EDIT:  In case anyone here doesn't already know, I became a Devils fan in 1983, when my parents were given four tickets to a Devils - Flyers game at BBA, and took me and younger brother.  Devils got squashed (as they often did back then), and due to that my parents went into "Beat the traffic" mode (think we left early in the 3rd), but from that point on, I was a Devils fan.  Started driving myself to games once I got my license in August 1987, often alone...I didn't care.  The world felt so much larger then, so driving by myself from Hillsborough (where I pretty much grew up) to the Meadowlands seemed like such a big deal at first.  I went to Montclair State College, so that put me much closer to the arena...I started going as often as my very limited funds would allow.  Got to see the 1995 Cup in person...didn't go to any of the parking lot parades (wish I did).  Got to see Daneyko's, Niedermayer's, and Brodeur's retirement ceremonies in person.

And ditto what mfitz said...I pretty much like everyone here...me and SD have butted heads famously, but outside of our stances on Lou's MO, we actually get along on several other levels, and share certain interests.  Over time, the long-timers here have kind of become some sort of goofy family...where the ones who appear to have since moved on will still have a place at the table whenever they come back.      

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

Yeah i think this is a good idea. I personally don't like to feel like i'm hiding behind a random avatar or nickname so that i can say wtv i want anonymously So i've always been an open book, posting pictures / videos of myself. But here it is.

I'm 36 years old (37 in 12 days) French-Canadian living in Moncton, New Brunswick (fun fact there's a town called New Jersey in the province of New Brunswick AND there's a town called New Brunswick in the state of New Jersey 💥). I became a Devils fans when I was 8 years old, on the french sports network RDS they had a special on Martin Brodeur when he joined the NHL and I was a goalie and thought the name Devils was badass and i liked the logo and colours so that was it. Random to become a fan that way but turns out it was a really good choice. Since i was a goalie from NB and that he's from here I was eventually coached a bit by Roland Melanson who few years ago was our goalie coach so that's pretty neat. I also played a lot of soccer in my life, played on the provincial team and was recruited by another high school to join them to go for the championship. All i had to do was to flunk my chemistry class and move there, they were providing me with an apartment and everything. Aaaaaand i did lol annnnnd we lost in the championship finals lol * womp womp * I also coached soccer and hockey at some point.

So now I'm a freelance designer / Illustrator mostly working with bands and movies stuff. I'm still pinching myself but in the last few years many of my all time favourite bands reached out to me asking to work for them so it's been a complete dream come true on many occasions. I've always been a punk rock kind of guy starting with Green Day - Dookie when I was 10 and eventually Lagwagon became my favourite band. By now i got to work with Lagwagon, NOFX, Belvedere, Much the same and many other bands that i grew up loving. I also got to work with my favourite movie director Joe Dante (one of steven spielberg's protégé) for a festival where he was screening Gremlins, The Howling and The Burbs), i was flown there and got to hangout with him for about 45 minutes in his private lounge, just me, him and Belinda geeking out about movies, it was one of the coolest moment in my life). Also recently because they were re-releasing the Tony Hawk Pro Skater Games and that Lagwagon had a song on their soundtrack. They reached out to me to come up with something special we could do for that and we came up with a Tony Hawk pro skater themed / lagwagon deck which is my fav band of all time and my fav video game of all time. And skateboarding / snowboarding was also my life for a good chunk of my life so that project is the coolest thing i'll ever be a part of lol 

I also had a radio show called "Trou de Culte" (which is a play on word with "cult movies and a$$hole in french lol) that we recently turned into a podcast where we talk about cult movies. It's in french and Moustic once listen to a part of it and couldn't understand a thing. Our french are really different hahaha

I also have a dog and live in a wannabe movie memorabilias museum. And i use to love going to concerts, festival and comicons when covid was not a thing. Oh and i also play guitar and played in a few bands through my life and i'm currently writing new music with a few pals hoping that we can one day play in front of people again lol

Here's a pic of me, Joe Dante and Belinda Balaski. And if you're curious about my stuff you can check out my portfolio at https://www.steriodesign.com. You can even find me on instagram if you feel like it at steriodesign. 

79782041_10162789466535300_444845263383691264_o.thumb.jpg.122774143bf0ca7a4082f31db5c7c4ee.jpg

• Like 3

Here’s a photo of me and the wife from our engagement photo shoot a few years ago. We had multiple outfit changes (the things you do for love, and the things you do for a woman out of your league) The photographer told us to wear something that meant a lot to us and she recommended the Devils jerseys. 

84B60414-DBC5-4089-BCC2-1FA6C2BA03AC.jpeg

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Here’s a photo of me and the wife from our engagement photo shoot a few years ago. We had multiple outfit changes (the things you do for love, and the things you do for a woman out of your league) The photographer told us to wear something that meant a lot to us and she recommended the Devils jerseys. 

i gotta admit. Out of any members in here, you were the one i was the most curious to know what you looked like lol now i know haha

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

I also had a radio show called "Trou de Culte" (which is a play on word with "cult movies and a$$hole in french lol) that we recently turned into a podcast where we talk about cult movies. It's in french and Moustic once listen to a part of it and couldn't understand a thing. Our french are really different hahaha

Mostly because this is NOT FRENCH AT ALL ! ; ) 
But the name of the podcast is legendary ! 

31 minutes ago, MB3 said:

You are almost right... She is out of your league so congratz ! ; ) 
(but almost right coz it's ooook.. you are ooook too....  The jersey helps ; ) )

2 minutes ago, moustic said:

Mostly because this is NOT FRENCH AT ALL ! ; ) 
But the name of the podcast is legendary ! 

Well.... see.... it's like Burger King advertising that their burger patties are made with 100% beef... the trick is that what they are saying is that wtv the whole patties is all made of... the chunk of beef they have in there IS 100% beef lol

So since we're all talking chiac and chiac is 50% french, 50% english haha Our french is COMPLETELY french. :P

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

i gotta admit. Out of any members in here, you were the one i was the most curious to know what you looked like lol now i know haha

I've got some weirder photos if you want me to PM those to you. Don't wanna leave much to the imagination, especially yours -- that can be dangerous. 

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

Wow, someone married way above their level. 

Obviously I mean her 😉

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

I've got some weirder photos if you want me to PM those to you. Don't wanna leave much to the imagination, especially yours -- that can be dangerous. 

Well exactly they say that some things shouldn't fall in the wrong hands, cause it would be very dangerous. Well when it comes to photos, my hands are those hands lol

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Wow, someone married way above their level. 

Obviously I mean her 😉

you ever insult my wife again to that level, we’ll be engaging in a rousing bout of fisticuffs, I’ll have you know. 

nobody besmirches my lady’s honor so far to say that she’s even in my same stratosphere, my good sir. 

• Haha 1

bonus footage, halloween 2017, which was reposted by the devils which lead me to my first and only taste of social media fame. my typical “60-80 likes” turned into several thousand, with people tagging their friends on the post. 

7839ED81-ED06-4F85-B9DB-1AC2F7D1FF68.jpeg

Edited by MB3
  • Like 3
9 minutes ago, MB3 said:

you ever insult my wife again to that level, we’ll be engaging in a rousing bout of fisticuffs, I’ll have you know. 

nobody besmirches my lady’s honor so far to say that she’s even in my same stratosphere, my good sir. 

Oh I wasn’t insulting her, big boy 😉

7 minutes ago, MB3 said:

bonus footage, halloween 2017, which was reposted by the devils which lead me to my first and only taste of social media fame. my typical “60-80 likes” turned into several thousand, with people tagging their friends on the post. 

7839ED81-ED06-4F85-B9DB-1AC2F7D1FF68.jpeg

Knock out a few teeth and that looks like Daneyko carrying the cup in 2000.

• Haha 2

36, won’t post location other than say I used to live in NY, and as of a few months ago I used to fly on something that rhymes with “fun chip.” If you want more info, message me direct.

became a devils fan in 92 or 93, cannot remember exactly when I went to a game they lost to the Bruins, I can barely remember it. I vividly remember the first home game ever versus the Ducks, remember going to games against the Habs cause I loved Roy (had a fvck ton of his cards). First jersey I ever bought was a Marty.

Taught myself hockey, for better or worse, using NHLPA 93 and NHL 96 on SNES, became insanely obsessed with the sport.

Played for a while and still try to every now and then. Bought a goal and a radar gun when I realized there wouldn’t be a rink for 300 miles (no, that’s not a joke or exaggeration). Turned into a fun drinking game with my friends before we all moved again.

Gonna be introducing the kiddos to skating this weekend in synthetic ice. Will report how well it holds up (it will go poorly and I’m going to laugh, a lot)

I joined this site during grad school, I think, but started posting regularly after I graduated and moved. This place has been a fantastic distraction and also a great place to vent or relax, but also bond with fellow devils crazies in a world filled with so few

• Like 2

I'm likely the oldest person here, 72, been a devils fan since mid eighties. Grew up in Point Pleasant Beach, went to grammar St. Peters' / high school (St. Joes/Donovan-Toms River. Went to school (Jr. College) in Brooklyn commuted mostly & at that time was addicted to music, spent as much time in the village as I could.  Saw a lot of pretty cool bands. I've been in bands in HS & still play with folks close to my age. Still gigging . I play bass/sing/piano and  write record music. I like most genre's of music but only take so much. (I can only take so much Blues/reggae/bluegrass/Celtic etc.  I played  beer league hockey in Brick, then moved to Tulsa (job as exec. Chef). Played beer league there as well. Coached 2 of my boy's and continued coaching for another 15 years or so. Stopped 2 years ago.  Been in sales (Food to restaurants/Hotels etc) for a lil over 20 years. Will retire when my wife does, next November. My family (brothers/sisters-total of 11 of us) are mostly in NJ. (Shore) I've lived in Virginia Beach 34 years. Have 4 kids, 8 grandkids, 2 kids in Fla. 1 in Long island, 1 in Cranston RI. My family is part of party boat fleet in Brielle. A couple of my brothers still involved.  Anyway,  I enjoy coming here daily and the banter between us all. 

• Like 5