Who are you, anyway?

I am just a guy that likes beer. Not like that Supreme Court guy, that did bad stuff to girls/women.  

I like everyone here and the more beer I drink the more I like them. 

Every day I rescue Beer that is trapped in a bottle, I call myself a hero.

Everybody needs to believe in something. I believe I will have another beer.

Drop-in tomorrow, Free Beer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m a 45 year old architect and own a small commercial firm in the northern suburbs of Philadelphia.  I grew up in Wayne NJ but came to Philly for college and have been here ever since.  I was a

I actually met the owner of that restaurant! haha  

Great thread - cool to learn a bit more about you guys and nice way to kill the downtime indeed. I'm Greg, turning 35 in two or three weeks.  Originally from Long Island, moved to Southwest FL wi

Posted Images

I'm dying to see some more photos. Helps put faces to names.

8 hours ago, Brewskies said:

I am just a guy that likes beer. Not like that Supreme Court guy, that did bad stuff to girls/women.  

this is so bizarre that I cannot stop laughing.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Brewskies said:

Save water, drink beer?

• Like 2

Gotta give it up for my boys @MB3for this thread and @SterioDesignfor the entertainment thread. This is the kind of stuff we should be doing during downtime instead of arguing like whiny bitches all the time. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Guess I’ll participate...

So I’m 38, from Cincinnati, Ohio, and work in corporate security for a Fortune 500 company here. I got married a couple years ago, but have been with my wife since 2015. No kids (just our Weimaraner that we completely spoil and is enough of a handful). 

I first became a Devils fan in 2000 (can’t believe it’s been over 20 years already). Scott Stevens was my favorite player when I first got really into hockey so I started following the Devils. I quickly became a fan of Marty, the A-Line, the jerseys, and just about everything about the team. Been a huge fan ever since. I decided to join up here after we traded for Hall, which kind of revitalized my passion for the Devils. Those years between the Cup run and acquiring Hall were pretty brutal. Thankfully I’m as hyped about the future of this team as I’ve been in a really long time. They have some great young pieces to build around.

Other than hockey, the only other sport I’m hardcore into is football. I’m a diehard Bengals fan (unfortunately). Just remember when the Devils are sucking it could always be worse. I haven’t seen my other team when a playoff game since I was like 8 years old...

I’m also super into movies. I collect blu rays (and recently started getting into 4k). Back when the world was normal I liked going to different types of conventions like HorrorHound, Comic-Con, etc. I really miss doing that kind of stuff, along with going to see my local ECHL team play, the movie theater, etc. Can’t wait to get back all those good live events. 

Don’t really have many recent pics since we obviously don’t go out very much over the past year or so, but we did take a little road trip to Asheville, North Carolina over the summer (great city if you’re into hipster stuff like craft breweries, coffee shops, local art scenes, etc). This is a pic my wife took of me on top of Chimney Rock. 

92D13B67-8D22-432C-90E9-573FF0A22F2A.jpeg

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Ha! You look more badass than i imagined haha

Heh heh thanks.  Just glad that I can pull off the shaved head...as much as I would love hair, I simply don’t have enough functioning follicles to keep what’s left.  I permanently fired my hair about 2.5 years ago and haven’t looked back.  I mentioned this elsewhere, but something to be said for waking up in the morning and being able to run around without having to put a hat on or shower right away.  

6 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I mentioned this elsewhere, but something to be said for waking up in the morning and being able to run around without having to put a hat on or shower right away.  

You’re right, when I wake up in the morning my hair is always a disaster, and I cannot brush it into place without a shower. Even wetting it, putting product in it, it never works. 

Your other advantage is the ability to wear a hat when its cold out without getting hat hair. Plenty of mornings in the winter I would love to throw a wool hat on but I don’t because my hair would be fvcked for the day. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You’re right, when I wake up in the morning my hair is always a disaster, and I cannot brush it into place without a shower. Even wetting it, putting product in it, it never works. 

Your other advantage is the ability to wear a hat when its cold out without getting hat hair. Plenty of mornings in the winter I would love to throw a wool hat on but I don’t because my hair would be fvcked for the day. 

There were times when I had long hair, I woke up in the morning and looked like a complete wino...I would usually just do my best to tuck it all under a baseball cap.  Admittedly I don't miss THAT part of having hair.  And yeah wool hats weren't an option, if I didn't want a completely static-laden mess of hair later.    

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Also if you don't have hair you're completely stripping away any physical leverage from your opponent in a bitch fight

• Like 1

Hello. I'm Dan. I'm 39 for about another month. I'm not the dude with the Devil Dan jersey in section 210 or 211. I picked my name here before I saw that guy and never figured out how to change it. 

I help run a small family business here in Jersey and I've done standup comedy on the side for 11 years in addition to sketches, roast battles, and internet radio/podcasts. 

I'm originally from Orange County in "upstate" NY which isn't actually upstate if you've ever seen a map of NY. Its only about 30 minutes from the jersey border. I moved to Nutley 3 years ago for work so I'm very close to the arena we can't go to. 

My dad worked in Jersey and got me a Devils pennant after he took clients to a game. It was the late 80's and in the old green and red. I was 7 or 8 and thought it looked cool. A few years later I was playing NHL 93 or 94 with my cousin. He liked the Blackhawks and used them every game. I liked their colors, so seeing the Devils logo from my wall in that Chicago red and black was perfect. They became my team. When they lost to the Rags in 1994, I never heard the end of it being the only Devils fan in a NY school and it solidified my fandom. I was a goalie and played street hockey and then a few recreational floor hockey and roller hockey leagues before I wrecked my back on a breakaway when I was 28 and "retired". My friends and I used to have an annual road trip to the AHL All Star weekend. I miss that tradition but we got old and one of them decided to go be responsible and have a family. Selfish. 

I'm also a Jets fan so football is dumb and I hate it every year. And I follow the Yankees. 

I like movies, I'm always in the middle of a few books, and always listening to music but I'll get into that with the other thread. I'll post a hot pic later

• Like 4

Great thread - cool to learn a bit more about you guys and nice way to kill the downtime indeed.

I'm Greg, turning 35 in two or three weeks.  Originally from Long Island, moved to Southwest FL with my folks when I was a young teenager.  People often ask if I'm originally from NY, why am I a Devils fan?  They don't usually get if if they're not from that area, but I always tell them there used to be (and still is) a phrase called the "Tri-state" area, i.e. NY, NJ, CT - because of that phrase and how closely intertwined the states can be in some areas, local TV stations showed (and still shows) games from several different teams in the region - Rags, Isles, the Sabres sometimes, and, yes, the Devils.  My earliest memories of watching hockey were around age 5, sitting in the living room watching highlights from the previous night's games, and the team I always remember seeing and watching happened to be the Devils, just by chance.  From then on I had made up my mind which team I would root and cheer for, and it's been that way ever since, despite moving far away and despite having been in attendance to watch another team hoist the Stanley Cup (Bolts in '04 - best sports experience of my life, only topped by the hope that I may get to see the Devils hoist it in person one day).

My very first Devils jersey was a very small #31 Chris Terreri which I still to this day, kept in a box somewhere in my attic.  

I'm currently single and don't have any biological children of my own, but I spent just over a decade with a woman who is currently 45 years old and 10 years my senior, and with her I helped raise her 3 boys who, despite she and I not being together any longer, I still see and spend time with quite often.  The oldest of the three is going to be 24 in a couple weeks if you can believe that, so I'm not obviously old enough to be his father, but when he was 9 and I was 20 it wasn't quite as odd and I was able to play a role in all of their lives that they needed at the time.   I've taken all of them to a few hockey games over the years, including one cool moment a few years ago with the youngest one (now 17) where we got to see Lecavalier's jersey retirement purely by accident (went to the game not realizing it was a special occasion - it was pretty neat).   

I guess you could say my life has been fairly interesting and pretty unique, though I try to consider myself an average guy and a normal person lol.   I believe there's a picture of me on here from a few years ago that I posted when I went to Game 2 of the ECQF in Tampa - I'll see if I can dig it up and re-post in case anyone hasn't seen it/me before. 

• Like 7

Since no one else has posted since I gave my spiel, I guess it's still appropriate to add to this, because I forgot to mention what I do for a living.  I'm an IT Director for a mental health organization - I support all of the initiatives for about 300 or so people with nearly 30 offices throughout Florida and Alabama.  About half the people in my company have PhD's, so while I generally consider myself to be pretty intelligent, sometimes when I'm around them I have to remember that there's a reasonable chance that technically I'm the dumbest person in the room.  

I went to school for IT and have been in the field for the last 15-16 years - started out in help desk roles and eventually moved up to system/network administration, and within the last year sort of stepped up into a bit of a managerial role with a new company, right before Covid hit.  I'm all by myself in IT at this company which is both good and bad - I get to make lots of organization-wide decisions and changes, but at the same time the menial grunt work ends up on my lap too.  It makes every day different, which I enjoy - keeps it interesting and I'm always learning and doing something new.  

The last job I had as a Network Admin I worked for a 2 Billion dollar public company which was pretty cool, but it was in St. Pete which was a minimum 50-60 minute drive from me and after almost 3 years I just couldn't do it anymore - beyond spending 2 hours every day in the car (and I'm someone who doesn't mind driving anywhere), basically everything about my car became too much - gas money, tire changes, brake changes, tolls, and just the miles in general - I was doing 28-30,000 miles annually.  So I opted for something that's basically right in my backyard and so far it's been pretty good.  Challenging and insanely hectic at times, but I'm thankful to be employed.

• Like 3

I’ll jump in. 41, about to be 42 in March. Born and raised in NJ. Still single, but hoping I’ll meet the right girl to settle down with eventually. I’ve worked a bunch of different jobs in different industries in my professional life, but last year I got my insurance license and I am now a licensed agent specializing in senior Medicare benefits. I get to help people for a living, so I’m privileged and blessed in that regard. Saw my first Devils game in 1985 when I was six (a Devils-Rangers game, no less!) and the rest was history after that. The Devils unfortunately lost that game, which made six year old me sad. But seeing hockey was love at first sight. I’ve been living and dying with every moment this franchise has experienced since that year. I love movies and music, like most people with a pulse lol. Like Nicomo, I also collect Blu-Rays and DVD’s. I love to play golf. My favorite thing to do in my leisure time. The only other sports team I live and die with is the Miami Dolphins, and have for around as long as I’ve been a Devils fan. I hope to see them win a playoff game again before I’m dead. I used to hope for a Super Bowl before I meet my ultimate demise, but, you know, one step at a time. I also collect jerseys. I have a pretty extensive collection of Devils and Dolphins jerseys I’ve accumulated over the years. Probably too many lol. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I have a pretty extensive collection of Devils and Dolphins jerseys I’ve accumulated over the years. Probably too many lol. 

No such thing. The perfect number of jerseys is always “just one more”. 

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Guess I’ll participate...

So I’m 38, from Cincinnati, Ohio, and work in corporate security for a Fortune 500 company here. I got married a couple years ago, but have been with my wife since 2015. No kids (just our Weimaraner that we completely spoil and is enough of a handful). 

I first became a Devils fan in 2000 (can’t believe it’s been over 20 years already). Scott Stevens was my favorite player when I first got really into hockey so I started following the Devils. I quickly became a fan of Marty, the A-Line, the jerseys, and just about everything about the team. Been a huge fan ever since. I decided to join up here after we traded for Hall, which kind of revitalized my passion for the Devils. Those years between the Cup run and acquiring Hall were pretty brutal. Thankfully I’m as hyped about the future of this team as I’ve been in a really long time. They have some great young pieces to build around.

Other than hockey, the only other sport I’m hardcore into is football. I’m a diehard Bengals fan (unfortunately). Just remember when the Devils are sucking it could always be worse. I haven’t seen my other team when a playoff game since I was like 8 years old...

I’m also super into movies. I collect blu rays (and recently started getting into 4k). Back when the world was normal I liked going to different types of conventions like HorrorHound, Comic-Con, etc. I really miss doing that kind of stuff, along with going to see my local ECHL team play, the movie theater, etc. Can’t wait to get back all those good live events. 

Don’t really have many recent pics since we obviously don’t go out very much over the past year or so, but we did take a little road trip to Asheville, North Carolina over the summer (great city if you’re into hipster stuff like craft breweries, coffee shops, local art scenes, etc). This is a pic my wife took of me on top of Chimney Rock. 

92D13B67-8D22-432C-90E9-573FF0A22F2A.jpeg

I have the same shirt, only in grey. Love it brother! 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

22994A68-F160-44A5-8F8A-48F45506CAA3.jpeg

Confirmed, there’s enough room on the right side for just one more.

But, wire hangers?? You deserve better than that. 

• Haha 1

Ok so i got a pretty unique story that you truly don't hear everyday.

So first, I was adopted when i was a baby. So i grew up in a very small redneck town called Saint-Léolin with my 2 adoptive parents and my older sister (who was adopted too). I always knew I was adopted and that my mom lived in Moncton (where i live now, it's like 3 hours away) but that's all i knew. When I was like 12 i got that conversation like you see in movie with my mom like "well son, i think you're old enough for this now... you have an older sister". So in my teenage days whenever i'd go to moncton i'd be somewhat nervous to date right? hahaha

So anyway, when my mom put me up for adoption, one of the condition was that she wanted to meet me when i turn 19. You have to go through a whole process through the adoption agency of sending a text about yourself that they get and exchange, eventually you get a phone call, etc leading up to a face to face meeting. It's all confidential and there's no name through most of the process and this was before facebook haha

But one day when i was 19, I got a call from the adoption agency and they dropped quite the news on me. Turns out that my biological mom and my grandma went on a trip to moncton 3 weeks prior. And my older cousin live there now. His dad is my mom's brother, and they grew up across the street from us. So anyway... my biological mom and grandma went to visit him. He introduced them to his girlfriend. They all talked all night about their lives and family.

So here's the kicker. Turns out that, my "adoptive" cousin's girlfriend was my biological mom. So my MOMS hungout together for a whole evening, looking at pictures of me, not knowing that they were both my moms LOL It's only a week later when she randomly got my text/bio from the adoption services that my cousin went.... "waiiiit a minute... this sounds a awful lot like my cousin that you met his mom last week ..", he then called his mom and asked if she could get a picture of me and mail it to them. And as soon as she got the picture she KNEW it was me cause i look exactly like my dad lol 

So yeah, that's crazy. So then i got to meet my half brothers and the rest of the family and it's completely mindblowing how strong genes are lol Like... I didnt grow up with these people, and all the things we have in common is absolutely insane. My dad is an artist so clearly i got that from him. Same facial expression, type of humour, same bad habits etc etc it's honestly incredible.

• Like 3
  • Shocking 1
1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

I actually met the owner of that restaurant! haha

2063620791_ScreenShot2021-02-06at12_54_42AM.thumb.png.e18e2ed1d1a4ac9e7663da316a646049.png

I hope you didn’t drink it if he offered you a shot 🤣

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Confirmed, there’s enough room on the right side for just one more.

But, wire hangers?? You deserve better than that. 

A few are on the thicker plastic hangers, but they’re kinda mixed in lol.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1
On 2/4/2021 at 7:43 PM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Save water, drink beer?

Beer is comprised of 90 to 95% water so drinking beer doesn't save that much water. 

Beer being mostly water is why I started drinking it, my doctor said to drink more water. My health has improved by a 1000%. 

A little bit of beer is divine medicine, so they say. I decided the more beer I drink the better my health. 

Also, my former wife drove me to drink beer. I didn't even thank her.

Don't forget: Free Beer TOMORROW