Who are you, anyway?

MB3

7 minutes ago, Weekes Head said:

Let's see if anyone remembers me...

I've been on this board for many many years - had a few name changes along the way. Some of you may remember me as Sykkie17, others might recall RD. Alas, I genuinely grew up on this forum - starting out at as a 15-year-old kid who loved to write and dreamt of being a sports journalist. I used to be in charge of game recaps on the old NJDevs front page, which helped spawn one of my favorite projects I've ever done with my buddies Joe, Josh, and Steve - 2 Man Advantage. We had a whirlwind of a time, being recognized by the NY Post, NY Times, Star Ledger, and MSG website among others. Crazy to think how long it's been - I'm 36 now!

Anyway, I've been a Devils fan since 1994. Was a STH for a couple seasons at the Meadowlands but then life got in the way and I moved out to Chicago for some time. I've since relocated back to NJ, settling in Morris County. I am a Certified Store Manager at a Walgreens which is something I for sure never envisioned, but life can be funny like that. Thanks to my brother, we are again STH and have been for the past three seasons.

It's really nice to see some familiar names still around. I need to post more again. It feels good to be back!

20210621_162235.jpg

Good to have ya back RD 🍺

• Like 5

Wow, brought ‘em back out of the woodwork with this thread. Always good to see people who were here, and then weren’t, return again. 

Welcome back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weekes Head said:

I've been on this board for many many years - had a few name changes along the way. Some of you may remember me as Sykkie17, others might recall RD. Alas, I genuinely grew up on this forum - starting out at as a 15-year-old kid who loved to write and dreamt of being a sports journalist. I used to be in charge of game recaps on the old NJDevs front page, which helped spawn one of my favorite projects I've ever done with my buddies Joe, Josh, and Steve - 2 Man Advantage. We had a whirlwind of a time, being recognized by the NY Post, NY Times, Star Ledger, and MSG website among others. Crazy to think how long it's been - I'm 36 now!

Anyway, I've been a Devils fan since 1994. Was a STH for a couple seasons at the Meadowlands but then life got in the way and I moved out to Chicago for some time. I've since relocated back to NJ, settling in Morris County. I am a Certified Store Manager at a Walgreens which is something I for sure never envisioned, but life can be funny like that. Thanks to my brother, we are again STH and have been for the past three seasons.

It's really nice to see some familiar names still around. I need to post more again. It feels good to be back!

20210621_162235.jpg

😃😃😃😃 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗 You just made my night!! Always think of you and miss you lots!!!!!!  We must catch up. Hope life is treating you well. :evil:

I'm a 30 year old solo attorney and a captain in the National Guard/GWOT veteran from Cleveland, Ohio. Born in Bergen County is the New Jersey connection but never spent any time in the Garden State that I have memory of. Since my practice is still new/I suck, I also have a night job as a blackjack dealer.

Planning to propose to my girlfriend, who is Romanian, this winter and after the wedding begin the probably years-long process of immigrating her to the United States 

• Like 3

On 6/25/2021 at 9:27 PM, Weekes Head said:

20210621_162235.jpg

Welcome back RD! I’m one of the people who actually found NJDevs through 2MA. You guys were reporting on the nhlline.ca “Souray to Devils all but done” rumor, and posted some quotes from this forum in one of your articles. I joined immediately and... obviously... never looked back.