What are you top 10 entertainment outside of hockey?

SterioDesign

35 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Anyone up to date and watching Wandavision? 

Hide contents

Tonight's episode really picked up. Seeing Pietro being the actor from the Fox X-men movies was a great moment and the "She recasted Pietro" joke was funny. As an overall show I'm really not a fan of any of the sitcom stuff. The first 3 episodes were such a slog for me but the last 2 have been much better even if I don't care for the sitcom stuff on there either but it's nice to finally get to see what's really going on outside the town and Vision and the other people starting to realize there's something seriously wrong. 

Yup i loved it. loved all the episodes too. It's really different than anything we've seen in that universe so its refreshing.

I've never been a big fan of all that stuff and comicbooks so i don't know all the backstories and all the cool stuff to know. Unlike Star Wars where im almost an encyclopedia and i can usually pickup all the easter eggs right away. But with WandaVision its like... oh there's a logo there.... probably means something... but i have no idea

SD, I can't believe you sent that.

I saw that picture on reddit probably 3 months ago and since then I've been trying to get myself to forget about it.  I haven't thought about it in like 2 weeks and you just fvcked my entire world up, dude.

47 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Anyone up to date and watching Wandavision? 

Hide contents

Tonight's episode really picked up. Seeing Pietro being the actor from the Fox X-men movies was a great moment and the "She recasted Pietro" joke was funny. As an overall show I'm really not a fan of any of the sitcom stuff. The first 3 episodes were such a slog for me but the last 2 have been much better even if I don't care for the sitcom stuff on there either but it's nice to finally get to see what's really going on outside the town and Vision and the other people starting to realize there's something seriously wrong. 

Yeah, I’m digging it. Especially the last couple episodes. I applaud Disney for doing something so outside the box with their first MCU show. 

15 minutes ago, Crisis said:

SD, I can't believe you sent that.

I saw that picture on reddit probably 3 months ago and since then I've been trying to get myself to forget about it.  I haven't thought about it in like 2 weeks and you just fvcked my entire world up, dude.

I gave you guys very specific directions. I warned you NOT to open it haha even bolded it :P

But also it's always easier the second time. You should be out of it in about a month and a half

Edited by SterioDesign

39 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I gave you guys very specific directions. I warned you NOT to open it haha even bolded it :P

But also it's always easier the second time. You should be out of it in about a month and a half

Yeah after watching Ichi the Killer, I couldn't use scissors for an embarrassing length of time.  Those things just stick.

Just now, Crisis said:

Yeah after watching Ichi the Killer, I couldn't use scissors for an embarrassing length of time.  Those things just stick.

Don't ever watch a Serbian film lol

I also bet you're not a fan of driving behind log trucks if you've seen final destination 2 lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I pass anything carrying anything that can possibly come loose cause of a combination of that scene and the fact that there are so many bad drivers out there lol

Oh hell yeah. I won’t even drive behind a dump truck because of all of the dirt and rocks that fly out. A log truck?? No fvcking chance. 

• Like 1

Some people mentioned Kevin Smith in here so i figure i could share this again in case some people didn't see it. Sound quality is pretty bad so it's hard to understand everything im saying sorry.

So I basically had a conversation with Kevin Smith back in 2015 about the parallel between Lou and George Lucas both getting replaced and how they both had a love/hate relationship with their fans for the way they did things.

I said Lou too quickly at first and he didn't get at first but when he asked me who I was talking about his reaction is fvcking priceless. haha fvck i Love Kevin Smith.

Also that picture is quite possibly one of the funniest picture i ever took, and I was wearing a devils tshirt for the occasion. I literally walked up to them going "Hey boys! Wanna fvck?!?" and Jay went "fvck yeah bitch" and he grabbed me and bent me over right away lolololol

831529342_ScreenShot2021-02-06at1_03_34AM.thumb.png.7300d094e78d5b9a8af081e5c7298dd9.png

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

Ok so my TV/music: The Sopranos and Breaking Bad are the two greatest dramatic television shows ever made. Some may argue that, because everything is subjective. But they are the gold standard for which all dramatic television/streaming series should be measured. Tony Soprano and Walter White are the ultimate anti-heroes, and the two greatest television characters ever created. Fight me🤣. Better Call Saul is superb as well. I never expected a spin-off to be as good as BCS is, but Vince Gillian and Peter Gould are fvcking geniuses, so I guess I shouldn’t be all that surprised. Another favorite dramatic show of mine is Damages, which was a legal drama on FX back in the mid 2000’s-early 2010’s. It started Glenn Close and Rose Byrne. A criminally underrated show. Incredibly written and acted. Rescue Me is another all-timer. I got really into Ozark during quarantine. Really looking forward to season four. As far as comedies- Seinfeld is the GOAT. End of story. Curb your Enthusiasm. How I met your Mother. That 70’s Show. Flight of the Conchords. Chappelle’s Show. The Office. Family Guy. Music: love Springsteen. Bon Jovi. The Beatles. Stones. 60’s British Invasion sh!t. Love it all. Love metal, particularly Ozzy and Sabbath. Alice In Chains (old AIC with Layne, not really so much new AIC), Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots. Loved grunge in HS, and I still do lol. The Gaslight Anthem. Billy Joel. Rise Against. Rush. Disturbed. 80’s. Anything 80’s. My taste in music ranges the entire spectrum lol. 

• Like 1

Okay so videogames... I'm not big on videogames in general but i've played some of these a LOT and they'll always have a spot in my heart lol

1. Tony Hawk Pro Skater
  2. Super Mario World
  3. Megaman X
  4. Earthworm Jim
  5. Turtles in Time
  6. Super Mario Bros 3
  7. Zelda Ocarina of Time
  8. Star Wars Battlefront 2
  9. Jedi Fallen Order
  10. NHL wtv (to be fair i have a pretty strong love/hate relationship with this one)

I mostly like oldschool stuff.. I have a Freddy's Nightmare pinball, the Terminator 2 arcade game with the guns and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4 players arcade here but i mostly just play when i have people over.

Edited by SterioDesign

49 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Okay so videogames... I'm not big on videogames in general but i've played some of these a LOT and they'll always have a spot in my heart lol

1. Tony Hawk Pro Skater
  2. Super Mario World
  3. Megaman X
  4. Earthworm Jim
  5. Turtles in Time
  6. Super Mario Bros 3
  7. Zelda Ocarina of Time
  9. Jedi Fallen Order
  10. NHL wtv (to be fair i have a pretty strong love/hate relationship with this one)

I mostly like oldschool stuff.. I have a Freddy's Nightmare pinball, the Terminator 2 arcade game with the guns and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4 players arcade here but i mostly just play when i have people over.

Megaman series is top notch.  I just bought Megaman 4 on ebay to complete my NES collection.  My 6 year old loves it.  It's amazing how quickly he picked it up.

But I have to comment on NHL because it is literally the only video that I've actually raged out and screamed at.  When I'm covering a 2 on 1 and I'm standing between the forwards, holding L, and the fvcking puck just sliiiiides right through me, I lose it.  It's probably because I'm playing with the Devils, so I have it coming anyway.  I only really play online versus and I'm willing to say that out of everyone on this board, I can definitely beat each and every one one of you at it, whether you play or not.

5 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Megaman series is top notch.  I just bought Megaman 4 on ebay to complete my NES collection.  My 6 year old loves it.  It's amazing how quickly he picked it up.

But I have to comment on NHL because it is literally the only video that I've actually raged out and screamed at.  When I'm covering a 2 on 1 and I'm standing between the forwards, holding L, and the fvcking puck just sliiiiides right through me, I lose it.  It's probably because I'm playing with the Devils, so I have it coming anyway.  I only really play online versus and I'm willing to say that out of everyone on this board, I can definitely beat each and every one one of you at it, whether you play or not.

Well don't get me started on what's frustrating about those NHL games lol 

I'd usually get them every year but it's mostly the same thing cause i don't play online or anything, it's only when the boys come over or wtv. I got NHL21 this year but before that 18 was the last one i got... Subban was on NHL19 so i went "nope. not in my house" hahaha 

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

1. Tony Hawk Pro Skater
  2. Super Mario World
  3. Megaman X
  4. Earthworm Jim
  5. Turtles in Time
  6. Super Mario Bros 3
  7. Zelda Ocarina of Time
  9. Jedi Fallen Order

Re:  your clip with Kevin Smith, for some reason I pictured you having a much stronger accent than you actually do...to the point where I was expecting to have a hard time understanding you in English.  But I understood most of what you said just fine.

Re:  video games, I love the 80s classics of course, and still play them to this day.  As far as first-person shooters go, I still love the original Doom...but with a twist (I’ll explain).

My first exposure to Doom was on the Atari Jaguar...the main beef that PC gamers had with it at the time (along with downgraded textures and simplified geometry) was that it had none of the original music within levels.  I had never played the PC version, so I didn’t know what I was missing, really.

Later, after I had bought a Sony PlayStation, I saw that Doom had been released for that platform as well (it contained levels from both Doom I and Doom II), so I decided to pick it up.  The soundtrack for this version is one of the best I’ve ever heard (horror ambient) and it still holds up to this day...having never heard the PC original, at the time I just assumed that these tunes were the originals.

It turns out that the original tunes were actually a bunch of metal-induced MIDIs composed by Bobby Prince...they’re OK, but kinda cheesy.  This awesome dark ambient horror soundtrack was written by Aubrey Hodges, who has his own website...he chats with fans, and he’s a cool dude.  Said it’s funny, in that out of all of the game soundtracks he’s created, that it’s his Doom work that still garners the most compliments.  He admitted that to come up with such dark and uneasy compositions, that he had to go to a truly dark and uneasy place...he admitted that it wasn’t always easy to find his way back out.

Anyway, I still play Doom now and then...on my daughter’s Nintendo Switch, in handheld mode.  It moves at 60fps and the resolution is higher, so it looks as good as that game is ever going to...but I have to have Hodges’ soundtrack playing in the background (either through my phone or a computer), otherwise it just doesn’t feel right.  Check out his 20th anniversary remixes of his PS Doom work...he was really the first one to do the horror ambient thing in a video game, and it completely changes the atmosphere of Doom, in an awesome way.  He also composed the soundtrack for Doom 64, which I also play on my daughter’s Switch

Also enjoy Sega’s Daytona USA...just a fun arcade-style racer.  Enjoyed BioShock back in the day, but once I beat it, I never had much interest in playing through it again.  Loved Super Mario 64...also PilotWings 64.  Played the crap out of Hydro Thunder on my Dreamcast (still have it).  Also played through MANY seasons of NHL 2K5...other than occasionally cheap AI, always had fun with that one.  Panzer Dragoon (Sega Saturn) is a gray “on rails” shooter...and boasted a soundtrack that was just as mindblowing as Hodges’ Doom work (though quite different).

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Are you on a pc? I see why I've never seen it before, its not on mobile but if I switch to desktop mode I see the eyeball. Not a big deal though, thanks! It's a great feature for talking about movies or tv shows. 

You are right, i added the button to mobile.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

1. Tony Hawk Pro Skater
  2. Super Mario World
  3. Megaman X
  4. Earthworm Jim
  5. Turtles in Time
  6. Super Mario Bros 3
  7. Zelda Ocarina of Time
  9. Jedi Fallen Order

Earthworm Jim?! You gotta be sh!ttin me. That game was barely worthy of a blockbuster rental. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

Earthworm Jim?! You gotta be sh!ttin me. That game was barely worthy of a blockbuster rental. 

Funny, I bought that for the Sega CD system (would’ve been around 1992 or 1993), and I couldn’t get into it either.  But it got a lot of positive reviews back in the day.  

1 hour ago, pumpkin cutter said:

i even bought the Earthworm Jim HD that came out on PS4. That game is so damn silly, creative and fun. The soundtrack was also amazing.

Edited by SterioDesign

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Funny, I bought that for the Sega CD system (would’ve been around 1992 or 1993), and I couldn’t get into it either.  But it got a lot of positive reviews back in the day.  

A fellow sega cd owner! I shouldn’t have ripped on stereo since I thought sewer shark and that Sherlock Holmes games was cool.