What are you top 10 entertainment outside of hockey?

SterioDesign

1 hour ago, Jerrydevil said:

Video games

1. Rocket League 
2. NHL '94
3. Super Mario Galaxy 1
4. Super Mario Galaxy 2
5. Tiger Woods PGA Golf
6. Lego City Undercover
7. Tecmo Bowl
8. Lode Runner
9. M.U.LE.
10. Track & Field

I am addicted to Rocket League. 

I was late to the Rocket League craze and I see why it took off.  It's so mindless but it also takes an insane amount of skill.

3 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I was late to the Rocket League craze and I see why it took off.  It's so mindless but it also takes an insane amount of skill.

It is so simple yet so complex. It's one of the best sports video games ever created. 

19 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

idk much about filter, but that song is amazing!

Singer is Robert Patrick’s brother (Robert is best known as the bad terminator in T2:  Judgment Day).

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Singer is Robert Patrick’s brother (Robert is best known as the bad terminator in T2:  Judgment Day).

gtfo!!! gonna double check to see it for my own eyes.

wow! you weren't jokin. nice tidbit, thanks!

t1000 can go suck an egg. 

Edited by pumpkin cutter

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He was also on The Sopranos. Played the guy who owned the sporting goods store Tony busted out. 

28 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

He was also on The Sopranos. Played the guy who owned the sporting goods store Tony busted out. 

Yeah I remember that.  Lost his store (and an SUV) to Tony due to way too many boxes of ziti.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah I remember that.  Lost his store (and an SUV) to Tony due to way too many boxes of ziti.  

Yep. Tony gave the SUV to Meadow. It was actually the SUV Scatino gave to his son, who was a classmate of Meadow’s. When Meadow found out where it came from, she was pissed. 🤣

52 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yep. Tony gave the SUV to Meadow. It was actually the SUV Scatino gave to his son, who was a classmate of Meadow’s. When Meadow found out where it came from, she was pissed. 🤣

In fairness, Meadow was always pissed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crisis said:

Damn, fun fact central over here

Did the know the singer in Toto was the son of the man who wrote the music for Star Wars, Jaws, Indiana Jones, E.T., Jurassic Park, Home Alone, Close Encounter of the 3rd kind, etc etc etc etc

• Like 1

For TV shows, lots of great ones mentioned throughout the thread but I will add 4 "non-mainstream" shows I've enjoyed that I haven't seen mentioned:

Nathan for You - docu-reality "prank" series. Prank is in quotes because most of the time the butt of the joke is the host. Much of it is very cringe-inducing comedy so you have to like that but I have never laughed harder at a TV show than this one. The finale is a two hour episode that might be one of the best two hours of TV I have ever seen.

DARK - Netflix Sci-fi show. One of the best time-travel paradox stories I've ever seen. In addition to the sci-fi aspect there is real character/family dynamics. Season 1 is imo on par with the best of Breaking Bad or Sopranos. Very rare to have a sci-fi show where the entire plot is planned and buttoned up in 3 seasons. The catch is it's german-language which will put a lot of ppl off but the subtitles are so worth it, better than the english dub.

Detectorists- British comedy by Mackenzie Crook (the Jim character from the original office) about the metal detecting hobby. Can't think of a better light-hearted, feel-good, relaxing show for the stress of quarantine. Very easy to binge, but you have to like british humor.

Ramy- Comedy/drama written by and starring a guy who grew up in Rutherford area (it's set in NJ) about his experience as a muslim. I'm a catholic school kid around the same age and I find it really interesting. I haven't started season 2 yet but I think it's gotten good reviews...

Edited by dmann422
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, dmann422 said:

DARK - Netflix Sci-fi show. One of the best time-travel paradox stories I've ever seen. In addition to the sci-fi aspect there is real character/family dynamics. Season 1 is imo on par with the best of Breaking Bad or Sopranos. Very rare to have a sci-fi show where the entire plot is planned and buttoned up in 3 seasons. The catch is it's german-language which will put a lot of ppl off but the subtitles are so worth it, better than the english dub.

Dark was fantastic. And subtitles should never be a reason for someone to not try something new. You’re are missing out on a whole world full of great movies and shows if you limit yourself to just your own language. I loved Bong Joon-Ho’s comments about that when he won the Oscar for Parasite. 

• Like 1

I've only watched a few episodes of Dark but I've been enjoying it so far. When I originally tried watching foreign films and shows I tried the English dubs but the words not syncing up annoyed me too much so I switched to subtitles. It does take a little bit to get use to at first.