Jump to content

The boys are back!


John Wensink
 Share

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

BOOOOOOOO

Booing the trimmed beard or him?  

 

Palms' rate numbers as a Devil:  29.8 G, 26.4 A and 56.2 Pts per 82 GP

Per 82 GP rates from season to season:

2015-16 (82 GP):  30 G, 27 A, 57 Pts

2016-17 (80 GP):  26.7 G, 27.7 A, 54.4 Pts

2017-18 (62 GP):  31.7 G, 26.5 A, 58.2 Pts

2018-19 (74 GP):  29.9 G, 25.2 A, 55.1 Pts

2019-20 (65 GP):  31.5 G, 25.2 A, 56.3 Pts

Streaky within seasons for sure, but he's been extremely consistent from season to season.

He's off to a rotten start and has looked as bad as I've ever seen him look...enough that yeah, it's cause for concern, but it's still not much of a sample size...and this kind of futility has hardly been the norm for him.  Just think that a guy who really has made a lot out of the chance given to him since coming here (and who only cost the Devils a couple of picks to obtain and a very cost-effective contract extension to keep) should be given more of a break than he's getting.  Really hoping that this will be a reset for him, and can find a way to put this bad start behind him.  

 

But anyway, glad to have the Devils back, and to see if they can build off this respectable start to their season.  Just got my Hischier RR jersey in (Indo Adidas).  Will be breaking that one out tomorrow night.  Something about the Devil RRs really grew on me...for some reason, I like the old away red-and-green template more in the reversed design...the red shoulders really pop against the dark green.  Would like the crest to sit a little higher, but fortunately it's definitely not nearly as low on the jersey as it was in the reveal pic (where some guy was wearing it over a hoodie).  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

The trim, look at my profile picture lol

Heh heh OK that makes sense.  Kyle's been getting destroyed on here at times...I know he's been largely awful this year, but I feel bad for him.  Just hope he's got some more production left. 

I was doing the beard thing for a while (for about 18 months or so)...would go to a barber every 7-10 for a full trim (I'd do some minor maintenance in between).  When I first grew it, it was basically a playoff beard (for the Super Bowl...the one the Pats would lose to the Eagles)...I shaped it (kept the lower neck and upper cheek areas clean), but let the rest go for about 7 weeks or so.  Looked pretty close to what Kyle was sporting, in terms of growth and thickness.  At times I didn't even recognize myself in the mirror.  

After that, I kept it pretty cleanly trimmed (a little shorter than what he has now).  Now I do "perma-stubble".  Basically use an electric trimmer to get it down to about 1.5 - 2 day growth, then re-do it about three days later.  Problem is there's a LOT of gray in the stubble now...a LOT.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Heh heh OK that makes sense.  Kyle's been getting destroyed on here at times...I know he's been largely awful this year, but I feel bad for him.  Just hope he's got some more production left. 

I was doing the beard thing for a while (for about 18 months or so)...would go to a barber every 7-10 for a full trim (I'd do some minor maintenance in between).  When I first grew it, it was basically a playoff beard (for the Super Bowl...the one the Pats would lose to the Eagles)...I shaped it (kept the lower neck and upper check areas clean), but let the rest go for about 7 weeks or so.  Looked pretty close to what Kyle was sporting, in terms of growth and thickness.

After that, I kept it pretty cleanly trimmed (a little shorter than what he has now).  Now I do "perma-stubble".  Basically use an electric trimmer to get it down to about 1.5 - 2 day growth, then re-do it about three days later.  Problem is there's a LOT of gray in the stubble now...a LOT.  

I wouldnt boo Palms in person at games. But online he's been very boo worthy so far this year lol I understand the streaky thing and it's true. But the problem is not that the puck is not going in, he's playing very bad, turning the puck over constantly and making bad passes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Ruff believes that Nico is good to play finally! So he should be back whenever he's off the covid list

Yeah saw that and this is excellent news.  Zacha can slot back into the 3C spot where he belongs.  Overall he wasn't too bad filling in as a Top 6, and that's really all one should ask of him when he's needed to fill in...just not be too bad as a fill-in, hopefully contribute some points.   

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I wouldnt boo Palms in person at games. But online he's been very boo worthy so far this year lol I understand the streaky thing and it's true. But the problem is not that the puck is not going in, he's playing very bad, turning the puck over constantly and making bad passes. 

Yeah, I said he's been awful, and he has been.  And it's not even that the puck is not going in, it's that he's not getting all that much in the way of quality chances.  Many of his shots have seemed very low% so far...he's been getting more quantity lately, but still not much quality.  Still think a guy who was a solid contributor for five seasons here prior to this eight-game funk could be given more of a pass.  Like I said, hopefully this time away will act as a reset...it was tough watching him struggle that badly.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, I said he's been awful, and he has been.  And it's not even that the puck is not going in, it's that he's not getting all that much in the way of quality chances.  Many of his shots have seemed very low% so far...he's been getting more quantity lately, but still not much quality.  Still think a guy who was a solid contributor for five seasons here prior to this eight-game funk could be given more of a pass.  Like I said, hopefully this time away will act as a reset...it was tough watching him struggle that badly.    

Yeah let's hope he's like those guys like Pacioretty who can't score but then they get one lucky sh!tty one then it's opening the floodgate and they go on a rampage lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And on a side note...would be nice to know how many of these guys exhibited symptoms, and if so, how severe those symptoms were (assuming every player involved tested positive).  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Heh heh OK that makes sense.  Kyle's been getting destroyed on here at times...I know he's been largely awful this year, but I feel bad for him.  Just hope he's got some more production left. 

I was doing the beard thing for a while (for about 18 months or so)...would go to a barber every 7-10 for a full trim (I'd do some minor maintenance in between).  When I first grew it, it was basically a playoff beard (for the Super Bowl...the one the Pats would lose to the Eagles)...I shaped it (kept the lower neck and upper cheek areas clean), but let the rest go for about 7 weeks or so.  Looked pretty close to what Kyle was sporting, in terms of growth and thickness.  At times I didn't even recognize myself in the mirror.  

After that, I kept it pretty cleanly trimmed (a little shorter than what he has now).  Now I do "perma-stubble".  Basically use an electric trimmer to get it down to about 1.5 - 2 day growth, then re-do it about three days later.  Problem is there's a LOT of gray in the stubble now...a LOT.  

Only you could write a detailed, multi paragraph description of your beard lol :P

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.