GDT: Devils @ Rags 7:00 PM MSG, MSG+

Palmieri also has 4 assists in 9 games. Our team leader(s) have 8 points in 10 games. Palms still has more points than Johnsson and Sharangovich who have played all 10. 

To jump up and down that he’s “not scoring” because he has no goals is silly because it’s too small of a sample size, especially from a streaky player. 

Now if you want to say he’s looked bad, that’s a different story, he certainly has. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ahh, Glad All star break is over, did anyone even watch it?     LgD!

They haven't played a game in 2 weeks and just passed the rangers in the standings haha

I’m so happy that sh!stork is a thing, you have no idea. 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Palmieri also has 4 assists in 9 games. Our team leader(s) have 8 points in 10 games. Palms still has more points than Johnsson and Sharangovich who have played all 10. 

To jump up and down that he’s “not scoring” because he has no goals is silly because it’s too small of a sample size, especially from a streaky player. 

Now if you want to say he’s looked bad, that’s a different story, he certainly has. 

I've stayed quite on the Palms situation for most of the reasons that you've stated.  He's looked bad, no question, but to say it would be hasty and a knee jerk reaction to bench the guy or put him on the trade block after 10 games would be an understatement.  Palms, by his own nature, is a streaky player as you pointed out, and this year in particular has been anything but consistent for almost everyone, so I think a certain degree of latitude is deserved by most players.   I'd give it at least another 10 games before starting to think about his future role on this team.  For now, he's simply a player that's looking to find his groove this season - he's not alone either.

Yeah i mean at the end of the day maybe there's a reason he's looking this bad. So let's just wait and see.

Cause obviously he didn't play for months, he's getting older, he has a family to take care of, then there's the whole dolphin incident, covid has been a problem too and maybe its affecting him differently, he also got covid too recently. So anyway, many reasons why maybe he's not 100% mentally. 

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah i mean at the end of the day maybe there's a reason he's looking this bad. So let's just wait and see.

Cause obviously he didn't play for months, he's getting older, he has a family to take care of, then there's the whole dolphin incident, covid has been a problem too and maybe its affecting him differently, he also got covid too recently. So anyway, many reasons why maybe he's not 100% mentally. 

Wtf is the dolphin incident? 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Have to say, I am also unaware of the dolphin incident. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Unless he’s talking about this (but I’m pretty sure that’s not Palms lol)

I don’t know how a guy just drops a phrase like “The Dolphin Incident” with no explanation and just leaves us all to wonder. 

13 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Theory: 

The Dolphin Incident is Palmieri's indie band. They broke up late last year.

Please give him privacy in his difficult time. 

I thought he was the bass player for Captain Greene and the Sharp Angle Shot. 

• Haha 1
31 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t know how a guy just drops a phrase like “The Dolphin Incident” with no explanation and just leaves us all to wonder. 

I thought he was the bass player for Captain Greene and the Sharp Angle Shot. 

My first thought was “This is the kind of random sh!t that someone just says in the middle of a long monologue just to see if you’re still paying attention.”   I had no idea what he was going for with it.

47 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Theory: 

The Dolphin Incident is Palmieri's indie band. They broke up late last year.

Please give him privacy in his difficult time. 

GREAT band name.  I can almost picture the kind of music they’d make (definitely a generous dose of punk).

One time at work, I needed to know who my contact point was for one of my suppliers (old one had left the company), and my Colorado branch manager said “Wanda Munch”.  I said ok, that’s funny, but what’s her real name?  He started laughing and said no, that IS her real name.  So at some point if I ever start drumming in another band, I might have to use Wanda Munch.  Something about it is out there just enough for it to work.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

One time at work, I needed to know who my contact point was for one of my suppliers (old one had left the company), and my Colorado branch manager said “Wanda Munch”.  I said ok, that’s funny, but what’s her real name?  He started laughing and said no, that IS her real name.  So at some point if I ever start drumming in another band, I might have to use Wanda Munch.  Something about it is out there just enough for it to work.

In 9th grade we did a family tree project and I learned I had a restive named “Hieronymous Steiner”. 3/4 of my band at the time was in that class and we briefly changed our name to that. 

There were several more weird names after that before settling on Chapter Eleven, after we paid for a pizza using loose change because none of us had any money. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Nicomo said:

11 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

8 hours ago, Chuck the Duck said:

LOL!  That was my first reaction too.

Image result for ace ventura dolphin

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

7 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

My first thought was “This is the kind of random sh!t that someone just says in the middle of a long monologue just to see if you’re still paying attention.”   I had no idea what he was going for with it.

Well this was all very entertaining to me and basically the reaction i was expecting. #success 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Loved the effort at the end and what an exciting finish. It's too early to tell if this team is good enough to make the playoffs this year, but they're certainly fun to watch and there don't quit at all, which is more than we can save in recent years.  

I know the game was moved up to 2pm tomorrow and I totally get it if Dell gets the nod, but I actually would play Blackwood again.  He had a long layoff because of Covid and he deserves a chance to rebound with a win - today's game wasn't his fault.  Th Caps are probably tougher too, and Blackwood gives us a better chance to win.  Give Dell the start on Tuesday against Buffalo again.  Maybe having a different goalie and net will confuse the savings players a little bit and make them try too hard to beat him in a different way. 

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’d be very weary of overworking Blackwood right now. He was off for like a month, and I seriously doubt he feels 100% yet. 

Have to agree. Plus I expect the Caps to give our goalie a very busy day. Let Dell handle that and bring Blackwood back on a couple days’ rest.