GDT: Devils @ Boston 7:00 PM MSG+

MadDog2020

13 minutes ago, MB3 said:

My wife was tuning in and out, loves Bryce Salvador and just heard Erica say “we’ll hear from Blackie next” and had no idea that was Blackwood’s nickname. She was like “what the FVCK did this slut just call Bryce Salvador?!?”

Not gonna lie, I’m still laughing about this. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MB3 said:

My wife was tuning in and out, loves Bryce Salvador and just heard Erica say “we’ll hear from Blackie next” and had no idea that was Blackwood’s nickname. She was like “what the FVCK did this slut just call Bryce Salvador?!?”

I’m dead. 

4 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

Under Shero and Hynes the mantra was Fast, Supporting, Attacking (or something very similar) and it never materialized. But that's exactly what the team is right now. This team keeps on exceeding my expectations. Great team performance & result.

Sad thing for Shero is that had he been willing to part with Hynes sooner, he might still be here.  Oh well.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Brewskies said:

IMO it all worked out for the better. 

Hard to say, but I was definitely on board with Fitz getting the job.  

• Like 4

I got to the party late but thanks to a DVR and Cloud I was able to watch from the beginning. For all of us questioning Palms' play we were correct, but he answered with two goals, necessary one, then he FU and gives the puck to them for a score. He who gives, takes away. His goals tied it for us and then Zacha gets game winner. This was a better Bruins team and the Devils won. Big confidence builder. 

on to the Sabres and Mr. Hall.

I'm really starting to appreciate Severson more this season. I had a feeling he would really excel in Ruff's system. He has had a tendency to make some very questionably plays, and those are the ones that stick with you. But for the most part, he does a fine job. And now we will see his offensive game continue to unleash.

Butcher also made some plays in the offensive zone that were in line with Ruff's vision about having one of the defensemen be the late attacker. Hopefully he sticks around.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, MB3 said:

I had season tickets for 3 years. My dad and I went to every game together, and we had an unspoken agreement. Devils win? Post-game sports radio 66 wFAN. Devils lose? SeriusXM Blue Collar Comedy. 

No idea why, but it just became a thing. To this day when I hear a thick southern accent my heart sinks and I think “ah, devils lost.” 

For me, it was Devils post-game on the radio in the car...after a loss, anything BUT the Devils post-game. 

Which one of these doesn't fit?

Nico misses the season's first 11 games.

Palms doesn't score until his team's 11th game (his 10th).

Goose has one assist in 9 GP so far.

PK still has his share of PK moments (but to his credit I am noticing him less lately, in a good way).

Blackwood appears in only 5 games out of 11.

The PP (12.5%) and PK (64.86%) are largely awful.

The Devils are 6-3-2, pretty entertaining, and looking competitive in just about all of their games.

Hopefully the special teams start to pick it up soon...Devils are feasting on a .950 save% at even strength.  There will be regression there, but at least it's not like there isn't a hell of a lot of room for positive movement on special teams.  

14 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

My parents were the type to leave halfway through the 3rd period to beat the traffic, can't tell you how many overtime goals I heard on the radio while my parents tried to get onto Route 3 from CAA

Always hated that. Was always torture getting out of that arena and out of the parking lot. 

Just here to say, I love this team this year. They are faaaar from perfect. But there are so many exciting players to watch you just always feel something is about to happen. 

I mean a few years ago you wouldn't have got a move like Pav's or Jack's pass to Palms in a whole seasons worth of highlights.  Now we are getting them in the same game. 

First time in a long time I feel optimistic. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

My parents were the type to leave halfway through the 3rd period to beat the traffic, can't tell you how many overtime goals I heard on the radio while my parents tried to get onto Route 3 from CAA

My father and I had a rule back when we went to games at CAA ... if the Devils were winning or the game was close (tied or 1 goal difference) with under 5 minutes left, we stayed.  If the game was out of reach, we left the first whistle under the 5 minute mark.   

Fast forward to today ... my kids want to stay to the end no matter what.  They even want to stay to hear the on ice interview after a win then we rush out immediately after.  They pass out in the car so, thankfully, my wife doesn't get mad when we get home after 10 pm on a school night.  For some reason I find it 10000x easier to get out of Newark than it was to get out of the CAA parking lot and onto Route 3 West, so I don't mind staying till the end of games at the Rock.

Just now, Chuck the Duck said:

My father and I had a rule back when we went to games at CAA ... if the Devils were winning or the game was close (tied or 1 goal difference) with under 5 minutes left, we stayed.  If the game was out of reach, we left the first whistle under the 5 minute mark.   

Fast forward to today ... my kids want to stay to the end no matter what.  They even want to stay to hear the on ice interview after a win then we rush out immediately after.  They pass out in the car so, thankfully, my wife doesn't get mad when we get home after 10 pm on a school night.  For some reason I find it 10000x easier to get out of Newark than it was to get out of the CAA parking lot and onto Route 3 West, so I don't mind staying till the end of games at the Rock.

Its SO much easier to exit a game at the Rock. Not even close. I remember games at CAA where it took 45 minutes to exit the parking lot, and that was with me string to strategically park pointed at an exit. Friends of mine used to hang out in the arena as long as possible to wait for traffic to clear. My technique was always book it out of there as soon as the game ended. If it was a blowout against us, sometimes I would leave a couple minutes early. Blowout in our favor, though, I would stay. 

The hardest part is getting down the 2 blocks from the arena to McCarter. Other than that its smooth sailing. 

Back in the CAA days, I’d usually just park in the Giants Stadium lot and walk across that rickety old bridge (which of course thankfully was replaced), whenever possible.  That was always the best way to avoid the traffic.

And yeah in and out of Newark is almost always a breeze.

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Back in the CAA days, I’d usually just park in the Giants Stadium lot and walk across that rickety old bridge (which of course thankfully was replaced), whenever possible.  That was always the best way to avoid the traffic.

And yeah in and out of Newark is almost always a breeze.

Running across the overpass with my Dad is one of my fondest memories of going to games at the CAA.

• Like 3