Jump to content

Nico Named Captain


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Has anyone ever sent in a jersey to EPS just to add a letter? I can’t find the pricing for anything except stripping and full customizing...

You can e-mail them about that; they are usually good about getting back to you quickly. Or try calling them and asking, their number is on the website. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw, anyone know if we’re still wearing the RR’s on Tuesday night? We were originally scheduled to wear them 2/23 against the Islanders, but now we are playing Buffalo again that night.

Edited by MadDog2020
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Has anyone ever sent in a jersey to EPS just to add a letter? I can’t find the pricing for anything except stripping and full customizing...

They will definitely do it, but it’ll probably take just as long as when you get a full customization. I’d suggest keeping it as is and sending it after the season, at least this way you get to wear it. PMing you further info. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well earned. Who else would they have chosen?

They could have given it to Travis Zajac in honor of his long time play with the Devils. Tomorrow, Sunday, February 21, 2021 Travis, if he plays, will play his 1,000 game in the NHL and all with the Devils. I remember so many Devils fans complaining about Zajac's contract too long and for too much. He has been Mr. Dependable as a two way playing center. Congrats Travis, Thanks for your loyality and dedication to the game and the Devils.

However, if looking forward, it had to be Nico. This is his team. The second youngest Devil captain in history. 

Let's be proud of our Captain and his team, as fans our team.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Brewskies said:

However, if looking forward, it had to be Nico. This is his team. The second youngest Devil captain in history

I asked earlier thinking he probably was the youngest. Who had the C younger than 22? 

Edited by Nicomo
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Who had the C younger than 22? 

The 12 year old sense of humor in me compels me to say “yo momma”. 

But actually, you’d be looking for Kirk Muller. 

Edited by mfitz804
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The 12 year old sense of humor in me compels me to say “yo momma”. 

But actually, you’d be looking for Kirk Muller. 

Should have guessed that’s who it was. Way before my time of following the Devils, but I know Parise was like already 21 when he first came into the league, and didn’t get it until Langs left. Don’t think they had captains that young back in the Rockies and Scouts days either (if those teams even count). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Should have guessed that’s who it was. Way before my time of following the Devils, but I know Parise was like already 21 when he first came into the league, and didn’t get it until Langs left. Don’t think they had captains that young back in the Rockies and Scouts days either (if those teams even count). 

Wilf Paiement was the Rockies’ team captain from 1977 until he was dealt as part of the trade for Lanny McDonald...Paiement was 21 going on 22 when he was named.  Rob Ramage was 22 when he became the Rockies’ captain, after McDonald (who was the captain at that point) was dealt to Calgary.  They were the youngest pre-Devils captains in franchise history.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Wilf Paiement was the Rockies’ team captain from 1977 until he was dealt as part of the trade for Lanny McDonald...Paiement was 21 going on 22 when he was named.  Rob Ramage was 22 when he became the Rockies’ captain, after McDonald (who was the captain at that point) was dealt to Calgary.  They were the youngest pre-Devils captains in franchise history.

 

Well, I stand corrected. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Well, I stand corrected. 

Heh heh I’m not even going to pretend that I knew any of that off the top of my head...your post triggered an investigation on my part.

In certain cases, I definitely understand a young player getting the “C”...Nico’s got three years under his belt here and is signed long-term...in his case, his being named the captain just feels right.  I do like the idea of a player being a little older and wiser in most cases though.  Lecavalier and Crosby were 19 going on 20 when they were made captains...Lecavalier actually lost the C for a while, then got it back for several years.  Crosby is obviously a beast, captain or not.  But unless a guy has incredible presence and leadership ability at such a young age, I wonder if it’s weird for longtime vets to have such a young captain.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the whole C thing is symbolic and relatively meaningless in the room as long as the ship is heading in the right direction and everybody is pulling in the same direction.  I think from an organization standpoint reflecting outwards to their fanbase it's great to have one out front and center.  From that standpoint I think Nico is a perfect choice.  Will he hold up IF the wheels were to start coming loose and say for example a key vet would start to go sideways and become disruptive?  I would lean towards he would probably be in over his head at this stage.

Bottom line for me, I don't see that scenario happening because they're a predominantly younger group (especially their better players).  Zajac also seems to be from all accounts a great soldier who certainly would never become disruptive in any scenario and would help squash any under current of BS. 

I wish him nothing but the best of luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

They were saying before the game that when Nico got named captain, his family texted Shero to thank him for believing in Nico enough to draft him first overall. Classy move

Indeed. Both Nico’s and Jack’s parents seem like good people. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.