GDT: Devils at Washington, 21 Feb, 2pm, NBC

jagknife

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

I had to pause and rewind TO THE FACEOFF to find out who the other defenseman was there. 

Fire Kulikov out of a rocket towards the literal fvcking sun. He was closer to the point than he was to the front of the net. What a fvcking loser. 

He was great all game until that. Easily the best Devils dman today (low bar).

From now on I spell Nas as nASS.

Oh well...still a work in progress, and we saw what this team has the potential to be as it develops.  Also got some new bodies back in the lineup...may take a little while to jell.  

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Some guys are coming back now playing under a new coach, new system, no team practices, and haven't played in months. I'm cutting some slack.

Burn the tape on this one guys. Holy sh!t. 

Absolutely not. This is the freshest team in the league and they make mistakes that would get you sat playing jv hockey. Terrible angles to the point. Hideous job on the forecheck - too many guys underneath the puck.

Lazy angles on the forecheck. You can’t rely on the transition for 100% of the offense. The Devils looked terrible in zone without the puck... figures Gusev gets the garbage goal here because he’s another guy who looked terrible on the forecheck.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Definitely. I mean, he was playing For The First Time In Forever...

Well played...

6 minutes ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

Terrible angles to the point. Hideous job on the forecheck - too many guys underneath the puck.

Lazy angles on the forecheck. You can’t rely on the transition for 100% of the offense. The Devils looked terrible in zone without the puck... figures Gusev gets the garbage goal here because he’s another guy who looked terrible on the forecheck.  

Is this the reason why the Devils were grossly outshot? I was wondering why, I couldn't quite determine it.

Edited by Jerrydevil

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

This is the first game this year that has me enraged.

I see it more as a reminder not to get too high.  But I still wonder why the fvck nASS was retained.  A clean break would’ve been better. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I want something done about this penalty kill before they take the ice on Tuesday. Enough.

that's a lot to ask by Tuesday but they do need to work on the PK. Let's give them some time. 

it wasn't so long ago I thought PK was awful. I thought Palms was done. They have proved me wrong since I thought this. Time heals. 

Let's Go Devils, you can get better.