GDT: Devils at Washington, 21 Feb, 2pm, NBC

22 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Ah well my statement wasn't as much directed directly to you but more towards that growing mentality that we're seeing. To be fair I don't remember you making any other similar comments here but a few posters here constantly make similar comments like being very annoyed that we have a blue logo on our helmet and that it doesn't match, and well first that we even have a logo on our helmets, that a visiting goalie shouldn't be allowed to celebrate a win on our ice and all sorts of things like this and expecting things to be changed, like you'd expect from a Karen lol And yes people like this really does struck a nerve with me lol

Except no one here is bitching to the NHL or boycotting the games over this sh!t. It’s mostly just some Devils fans venting to each other on a message board. It’s really not that big of a deal. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We surprisingly get a National game! yes I know it’s cause the outdoor game is having a rough time fixing the ice at the first break, but still. time to show off our shiny new captain, the b

Watching the Doc tribute...you can hear a little tremble in his voice that wasn’t there before. Guy was so damned good at what he did...I’m so glad he was ours for so long.  I’ll always miss him.

“Ok stop it here...(circles entire PK unit)...this part here blows goats...ok roll it...”

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Except no one here is bitching to the NHL or boycotting the games over this sh!t. It’s mostly just some Devils fans venting to each other on a message board. It’s really not that big of a deal. 

I report everything that happens on this board directly to Gary Bettman. But the conversation usually starts with me calling him Count Chocula so he ignores everything else I say. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Get those fvcking Rangers and Bruins logos off the ice that we're playing on.  I hate these new ad locations so much.

I hate them cause they jitter a bit, if they actually did it correctly and they stood still I wouldn't care as much. 

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Ah well my statement wasn't as much directed directly to you but more towards that growing mentality that we're seeing. To be fair I don't remember you making any other similar comments here but a few posters here constantly make similar comments like being very annoyed that we have a blue logo on our helmet and that it doesn't match, and well first that we even have a logo on our helmets, that a visiting goalie shouldn't be allowed to celebrate a win on our ice and all sorts of things like this and expecting things to be changed, like you'd expect from a Karen lol And yes people like this really does struck a nerve with me lol

Nah just me, the blue ads don't match, that's a fact and I never said I expected it to change, I just don't like it. Haven't complained about it since it debuted though. What growing mentality? The fact that people don't like corporate ads everywhere? Should we really be kissing all these corporate companies asses just because their logos are slapped on to something? When sh!t gets back to normal you can be sure as sh!t that prices for fans won't go down when all those helmet ads stay for the future seasons and whatever other new ads pop up.

King Nothing can celebrate all he wants wherever he wants but I'm allowed to tell him to go fvck himself. He never won a cup so maybe the imaginary hockey gods told him to go fvck himself too. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

I asked to speak to MSG Network's manager and got the audio that was out of sync fixed for 2 different road games.... But I asked them nicely and wasn't recorded screaming in a store on a viral video so I can't really consider myself to be the latest buzzword Karen just yet. 

• Haha 2
13 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

The Devils outscored the Caps 3-1 five-on-five. While I hear what you’re saying CR- kill two penalties, and you win. I contend they should’ve won the game. The Caps may have gotten the better of the play as the game went on, but you still can’t tell me the main reason for this loss isn’t an inability to kill penalties. 

If the Devils penalty killing was far more stout, I'd agree with you more..."Yeah, if Devils put on their usual display of solid PKing , they probably win this game."

But as everyone here knows, the PK is beyond disastrous right now...they're so bad that they're not close to being on the low end of the spectrum of what "somewhat acceptably bad" is.  This unit is now under 60%.  It's reached the point that to win, they almost have to go a full game without being a man down more than once.  It's insane that they're this terrible on the PK.  At least the PP, meh as it's been, isn't on its own island of rotten.  

Also fair to point out that the Devils continue to get insane goaltending on 5-on-5...they're still putting up a .950 save% at ES (league average is .921).  That's covering up some ES ills...like yesterday, where the Caps really took over, but were somehow held to just one ES goal.  If the Devils can't start to tighten up (or like DD56 pointed out, stop giving up so many shots...they allow 32.8 per game), we're going to start seeing some uglier losses...no way that this doesn't start to catch up with them.  In the grand scheme, 6-5-2 feels about right.

All this being said, I do like a lot of what I'm seeing...the team is showing signs of being consistently dynamic, and a loss like yesterday's is a classic "Team that is still learning how to win losing to a team that already knows" learning lesson.  And at least now (especially when Mac is playing), they have far more of a chance to steal some wins than they did when Cory's game abandoned him. 

And props to Zacha...8 points in his last 9 GP, and one point each time...no one big "fatten up" game that skewering the numbers.