GDT: Buffalo @ Devils 7:00 PM MSG+ Reverse Retros?

MadDog2020

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

I repeat: fans are fvcking stupid. 

A lot them are, no doubt. Nico could be scoring a PPG right now and we’d still be losing with this PK. People need a scapegoat though. 

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I looked at his profile, its not even a Devils fan, its some random hockey fan from Germany. Random idiots on social media, especially Twitter and Facebook do not represent the entire fan base. 

Amanda responding to it makes it worse. 

Whatever, I know you saw people saying the same thing on HF. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I mean i can understand from an outsider's point of view to not think of Hischier as captain material at the moment. He's a good 2 way center and still young. You don't make headlines and other teams dont get to know you that much that way.

People really shouldn’t opine on what they don’t know. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

HF. Exhibit A of ‘fans are fvcking stupid’. Listening to some of the muppets in that hellhole will make you lose IQ points.

Eh, there’s plenty of good posters over there, too. I love this board, it’s just not nearly as active unfortunately. 

Also your GDT sucked! But I blame the other guys for breaking up your streak lol

Just now, Nicomo said:

Eh, there’s plenty of good posters over there, too. I love this board, it’s just not nearly as active unfortunately. 

Also your GDT sucked! But I blame the other guys for breaking up your streak lol

My momentum was disrupted. Tough to get it back. 🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I mean i can understand from an outsider's point of view to not think of Hischier as captain material at the moment. He's a good 2 way center and still young. You don't make headlines and other teams dont get to know you that much that way.

Two different coaching staffs have now put a letter on his chest even at his young age. They obviously feel he’s captain material. Anyway, it’s just a stupid time to harp on it. If he had a couple points would anyone be saying that? 

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

People really shouldn’t opine on what they don’t know. 

They’d have to close this board. 

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Two different coaching staffs have now put a letter on his chest even at his young age. They obviously feel he’s captain material. Anyway, it’s just a stupid time to harp on it. If he had a couple points would anyone be saying that? 

Probably. Because people are dumb. 

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

nASS is the golden child and it royally pisses me off.

Gallant was on Cam & Strick a few weeks back and was talking about how when he went to Florida, or maybe Vegas, its been a long day so I don't 100% remember, the GM had a guy he wanted for an assistant coach job and pretty much forced his hand, and while he wasn't thrilled, he decided it wasn't a battle he wanted to fight that early. I wonder if Ruff feels the same way being forced to keep DBA 2.0

I'm not a Nas fan at all, I'm shocked Fitz (presumably) made Ruff keep him but it's not like the D as a whole has been bad and the PK has been good with Nas in past years.  The PK is just a perfect sh!tstorm of suck this year though.  No training camp, having to replace a bunch of your key PK'ers from past seasons (Greene, Coleman, even a Rooney type) and getting no in-season practice time to fix it because everyone's coming off of COVID and we're stuck getting tatooed with top five PP's for like six straight games now with the Sabres and Caps.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I remember when some questioned Scott Stevens' captainship in the late '90s when the team didn't go far in the playoffs. Steve Yzerman's captaincy was questioned a lot in his career ... there were a lot of postseason failures before the Red Wings won a Cup.

My point is that fans vent, and the legends of the game don't escape their wrath. 

Edited by Jerrydevil

21 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

There are lots of reasons to dislike HF, but one of the reasons I can't stand it is actually because for me it's too active.  I really have no interest in discussing any other teams in all of the other forums they have (for me, the single Around The League thread we have is enough to cover everything else non-Devils related), and even in the Devils sub-forum I feel like it's just a collection of tools and infants, and it's really easy to get lost in the shuffle.  At least over here with the community being a bit smaller everyone is sort of "someone" - with a smaller user base we can actually have identities here - a perfect example is the "who are you" thread that was created a couple weeks ago.  No way in fvck that is going on at HF, at least not as meaningful - I mean, who the fvck can, or wants to, keep track of that many people?  Maybe it's just me, but I actually embrace the 50-100 regular posters we have here.  At least I know it's a dedicated bunch who, for the most part, are all knowledgeable in their own way, and I'm able to follow along day after day and continue conversations without having to go "hmm, did I talk about this with this guy last week? I can't remember if it was him or the other 1,000th troll".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Haha man this team isn’t nearly good enough for me to lose my marbles when we play like sh!t. 

All i need to see out of this season is improvement from the young kids. Best case scenario is we draft Luke and start making the playoffs regularly again next season. 

Yeahhh but you know damn well whats going to happen right? Don't we all know the Rangers will obviously draft him? 

45 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

A lot them are, no doubt. Nico could be scoring a PPG right now and we’d still be losing with this PK. People need a scapegoat though. 

Whatever, I know you saw people saying the same thing on HF. 

I don't read the same amount of posts on HF that I do here even if I post there, especially in game day threads and news threads because it's too many posts to keep up with but I'm absolutely sure some of them do I just haven't seen it. 

16 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Haha man this team isn’t nearly good enough for me to lose my marbles when we play like sh!t. 

All i need to see out of this season is improvement from the young kids. Best case scenario is we draft Luke and start making the playoffs regularly again next season. 

If nothing else, they came up with the name of your autobiography tonight. 

F24EAD45-308D-49F1-B25B-99148D3C72B0.jpeg

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Theres definitely some good posters over there, I like the Prudential center/ticket thread cause theres more season ticket holders over there than here and the entertainment thread and the themed game day threads over there more than anything else. 

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I’d prefer the Rangers over Vancouver. Not even joking. If he goes to the canucks it’ll feel like a “when” and not “if” we lose our Jacky.

Kind of feel the same way. If we can’t collect a couple Hughes boys, they should be split up and kept apart. 

They are hockey’s version of the Infinity Stones. 

56 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

There are lots of reasons to dislike HF, but one of the reasons I can't stand it is actually because for me it's too active.  I really have no interest in discussing any other teams in all of the other forums they have (for me, the single Around The League thread we have is enough to cover everything else non-Devils related), and even in the Devils sub-forum I feel like it's just a collection of tools and infants, and it's really easy to get lost in the shuffle.  At least over here with the community being a bit smaller everyone is sort of "someone" - with a smaller user base we can actually have identities here - a perfect example is the "who are you" thread that was created a couple weeks ago.  No way in fvck that is going on at HF, at least not as meaningful - I mean, who the fvck can, or wants to, keep track of that many people?  Maybe it's just me, but I actually embrace the 50-100 regular posters we have here.  At least I know it's a dedicated bunch who, for the most part, are all knowledgeable in their own way, and I'm able to follow along day after day and continue conversations without having to go "hmm, did I talk about this with this guy last week? I can't remember if it was him or the other 1,000th troll".

50-100? I feel like it’s the same 10 people that regularly post here lol

58 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeahhh but you know damn well whats going to happen right? Don't we all know the Rangers will obviously draft him? 

They have Adam Fox. They better start worrying about adding some centers for all those lottery pick wingers to play with.