The PavelPoints Tracking Thread

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Putting this here to memorialize the consequences of Pavel’s increased scoring.  I have a bet with @MB3 that Pavel will not score 0.5 points per game this year. Loser donates $40 to the site (las

I’m officially blaming Hynes for stifling this kid’s progression. This can’t be a coincidence...

With that point, Pavel Zacha has now outscored Nico Hischier and Jesper Bratt over their last 100 games.  Drink up that haterade; my boy is a stud.

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

You could probably Venmo PK a $20 to aim for Zachas head if you wanna save $20 on the donation 

Like he could hit something he aimed at. 

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

I’m officially blaming Hynes for stifling this kid’s progression. This can’t be a coincidence...

Yeah does make one wonder...especially with how much Hynes isn’t helping the Predators right now.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, pumpkin cutter said:

reverse retro zacha jersey incoming. 

Nice...where did you get it?

With that point, Pavel Zacha has now outscored Nico Hischier and Jesper Bratt over their last 100 games. 

Drink up that haterade; my boy is a stud.

• Like 4

Has any Devil had a points scoring streak longer than Taylor Hall’s 26 during his MVP year?

50 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Has any Devil had a points scoring streak longer than Taylor Hall’s 26 during his MVP year?

Doesn’t look like anyone else came close...checked out some 90+ point seasons in Devils history (Elias, Muller, Parise) and none of them managed the feat.

Ok, well my purple HFC jersey purchase fell through, so now I will need to look for a new blank on the event he leads the team in scoring. 

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Ok, well my purple HFC jersey purchase fell through, so now I will need to look for a new blank on the event he leads the team in scoring. 

Just an idea...you could grab one of the Meigray GI Edge Zacha #10 jerseys, and then get it re-numbered to #37.  

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Just an idea...you could grab one of the Meigray GI Edge Zacha #10 jerseys, and then get it re-numbered to #37.  

Those jerseys are $495, plus probably $50 to get the new numbers. I could get a blank from MeiGray, send it to EPS, and have the same thing for $210, in my preferred size. 

There’s actually a blank I’m eyeing on eBay that’s even cheaper, but I was hoping for a white rather than a red. 

I guess if I get the red, it’s “almost” my preference...

• Haha 2
Posted (edited)

Wait, the Wild have a guy named Kaapo Kahkonen? That’d be like another team having a guy named Jack Hughesonen.

Edited by mfitz804

Zacha is a great example of patiently allowing your young players to develop. I’ve said before like many others that you can’t close a book on a high-potential player prematurely, especially when growth has occurred year over year.

It’s too bad Nico is out again tonight as a Zacha Nico Bratt line looks so dangerous every time they’re out there.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, devlman said:

Zacha is a great example of patiently allowing your young players to develop. I’ve said before like many others that you can’t close a book on a high-potential player prematurely, especially when growth has occurred year over year.

It’s too bad Nico is out again tonight as a Zacha Nico Bratt line looks so dangerous every time they’re out there.

I think that's solely because Zacha is on it

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, devlman said:

True, but this is still relatively short-sample stuff, re:  Zacha.  He's teased before...he had a stretch where he put up 13 points in 20 GP in his first full season, and he put up 20 points in 30 GP to close out 2019.  Those teases have often been followed by baffling stretches of invisibility. 

That being said, I think he's more of an example of a guy who was both rushed up to the big club and probably not well-coached.  What has me most hopeful that this isn't another tease is that he LOOKS so much better...I'm actually excited when he's on the ice now.  I can't remember ever feeling that way about him before...hopeful, sure, but it feels like there's a chance something good can happen when he's out there.  The best word that I can come up with is that he now looks "seasoned".  Credit to him, really, because though I think he wasn't blameless when it came to some of his past struggles, I don't think he was helped much along the way either.  Turns 24 in April, so hopefully he's truly hitting his stride.   

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

True, but this is still relatively short-sample stuff, re:  Zacha.  He's teased before...he had a stretch where he put up 13 points in 20 GP in his first full season, and he put up 20 points in 30 GP to close out 2019.  Those teases have often been followed by baffling stretches of invisibility. 

That being said, I think he's more of an example of a guy who was both rushed up to the big club and probably not well-coached.  What has me most hopeful that this isn't another tease is that he LOOKS so much better...I'm actually excited when he's on the ice now.  I can't remember ever feeling that way about him before...hopeful, sure, but it feels like there's a chance something good can happen when he's out there.  The best word that I can come up with is that he now looks "seasoned".  Credit to him, really, because though I think he wasn't blameless when it came to some of his past struggles, I don't think he was helped much along the way either.  Turns 24 in April, so hopefully he's truly hitting his stride.   

Agreed with everything said here. He looks like a player that’s seen it all. And I don’t remember his wrist shot ever being this good. This was also his put up or shut up year when you look at the years of experience he’s accrued in the league so far over what he’s produced. He also didn’t have much time left on the ‘still a young player’ card.

Happy for him and us - now the next challenge is to maintain this as he progresses his career.

If he had repeated last season (or even regressed a little), yeah, it would've been time to wonder if he was ever going to be more than he'd been for the balance of his career to date.  

I'm optimistic that based on what I'm seeing right now, that he might become a consistent 45-55 point player.  I don't want to see the bar too high just yet (fun as this start has been for him).  

53 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If he had repeated last season (or even regressed a little), yeah, it would've been time to wonder if he was ever going to be more than he'd been for the balance of his career to date.  

I'm optimistic that based on what I'm seeing right now, that he might become a consistent 45-55 point player.  I don't want to see the bar too high just yet (fun as this start has been for him).  

To the moon baby! (thats what the kids are saying, right?) I grabbed him for fantasy hockey in a pretty deep league, really need a freaking win