Jump to content

The PavelPoints Tracking Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Putting this here to memorialize the consequences of Pavel’s increased scoring.  I have a bet with @MB3 that Pavel will not score 0.5 points per game this year. Loser donates $40 to the site (las

I’m officially blaming Hynes for stifling this kid’s progression. This can’t be a coincidence...

With that point, Pavel Zacha has now outscored Nico Hischier and Jesper Bratt over their last 100 games.  Drink up that haterade; my boy is a stud.

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

You could probably Venmo PK a $20 to aim for Zachas head if you wanna save $20 on the donation 

Like he could hit something he aimed at. 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

I’m officially blaming Hynes for stifling this kid’s progression. This can’t be a coincidence...

Yeah does make one wonder...especially with how much Hynes isn’t helping the Predators right now.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pumpkin cutter said:

reverse retro zacha jersey incoming. 

Nice...where did you get it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

With that point, Pavel Zacha has now outscored Nico Hischier and Jesper Bratt over their last 100 games. 

Drink up that haterade; my boy is a stud.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Has any Devil had a points scoring streak longer than Taylor Hall’s 26 during his MVP year?

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Has any Devil had a points scoring streak longer than Taylor Hall’s 26 during his MVP year?

Doesn’t look like anyone else came close...checked out some 90+ point seasons in Devils history (Elias, Muller, Parise) and none of them managed the feat.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, well my purple HFC jersey purchase fell through, so now I will need to look for a new blank on the event he leads the team in scoring. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Ok, well my purple HFC jersey purchase fell through, so now I will need to look for a new blank on the event he leads the team in scoring. 

Just an idea...you could grab one of the Meigray GI Edge Zacha #10 jerseys, and then get it re-numbered to #37.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Just an idea...you could grab one of the Meigray GI Edge Zacha #10 jerseys, and then get it re-numbered to #37.  

Those jerseys are $495, plus probably $50 to get the new numbers. I could get a blank from MeiGray, send it to EPS, and have the same thing for $210, in my preferred size. 

There’s actually a blank I’m eyeing on eBay that’s even cheaper, but I was hoping for a white rather than a red. 

I guess if I get the red, it’s “almost” my preference...

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Wait, the Wild have a guy named Kaapo Kahkonen? That’d be like another team having a guy named Jack Hughesonen.

Edited by mfitz804
Link to post
Share on other sites

Zacha is a great example of patiently allowing your young players to develop. I’ve said before like many others that you can’t close a book on a high-potential player prematurely, especially when growth has occurred year over year.

It’s too bad Nico is out again tonight as a Zacha Nico Bratt line looks so dangerous every time they’re out there.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, devlman said:

Zacha is a great example of patiently allowing your young players to develop. I’ve said before like many others that you can’t close a book on a high-potential player prematurely, especially when growth has occurred year over year.

It’s too bad Nico is out again tonight as a Zacha Nico Bratt line looks so dangerous every time they’re out there.

I think that's solely because Zacha is on it

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, devlman said:

Zacha is a great example of patiently allowing your young players to develop. I’ve said before like many others that you can’t close a book on a high-potential player prematurely, especially when growth has occurred year over year.

It’s too bad Nico is out again tonight as a Zacha Nico Bratt line looks so dangerous every time they’re out there.

True, but this is still relatively short-sample stuff, re:  Zacha.  He's teased before...he had a stretch where he put up 13 points in 20 GP in his first full season, and he put up 20 points in 30 GP to close out 2019.  Those teases have often been followed by baffling stretches of invisibility. 

That being said, I think he's more of an example of a guy who was both rushed up to the big club and probably not well-coached.  What has me most hopeful that this isn't another tease is that he LOOKS so much better...I'm actually excited when he's on the ice now.  I can't remember ever feeling that way about him before...hopeful, sure, but it feels like there's a chance something good can happen when he's out there.  The best word that I can come up with is that he now looks "seasoned".  Credit to him, really, because though I think he wasn't blameless when it came to some of his past struggles, I don't think he was helped much along the way either.  Turns 24 in April, so hopefully he's truly hitting his stride.   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

True, but this is still relatively short-sample stuff, re:  Zacha.  He's teased before...he had a stretch where he put up 13 points in 20 GP in his first full season, and he put up 20 points in 30 GP to close out 2019.  Those teases have often been followed by baffling stretches of invisibility. 

That being said, I think he's more of an example of a guy who was both rushed up to the big club and probably not well-coached.  What has me most hopeful that this isn't another tease is that he LOOKS so much better...I'm actually excited when he's on the ice now.  I can't remember ever feeling that way about him before...hopeful, sure, but it feels like there's a chance something good can happen when he's out there.  The best word that I can come up with is that he now looks "seasoned".  Credit to him, really, because though I think he wasn't blameless when it came to some of his past struggles, I don't think he was helped much along the way either.  Turns 24 in April, so hopefully he's truly hitting his stride.   

Agreed with everything said here. He looks like a player that’s seen it all. And I don’t remember his wrist shot ever being this good. This was also his put up or shut up year when you look at the years of experience he’s accrued in the league so far over what he’s produced. He also didn’t have much time left on the ‘still a young player’ card.

Happy for him and us - now the next challenge is to maintain this as he progresses his career.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If he had repeated last season (or even regressed a little), yeah, it would've been time to wonder if he was ever going to be more than he'd been for the balance of his career to date.  

I'm optimistic that based on what I'm seeing right now, that he might become a consistent 45-55 point player.  I don't want to see the bar too high just yet (fun as this start has been for him).  

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If he had repeated last season (or even regressed a little), yeah, it would've been time to wonder if he was ever going to be more than he'd been for the balance of his career to date.  

I'm optimistic that based on what I'm seeing right now, that he might become a consistent 45-55 point player.  I don't want to see the bar too high just yet (fun as this start has been for him).  

To the moon baby! (thats what the kids are saying, right?) I grabbed him for fantasy hockey in a pretty deep league, really need a freaking win

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.