The PavelPoints Tracking Thread

mfitz804

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Only 5 points in his last 13 games, but for Pavel that’s not bad. As I said, he’ll likely make the 0.5 PPG based on his hot start and the consecutive games points streak. 

Now all I can do is root against him leading the team in scoring so I don’t have to get his jersey. 

True but every single game when you look back, he created a couple of chances where he could have easily had another point or two.  It wasn't ever really like that with Pavel before this year.   Last night there was that shot where he got himself to the middle of the circles late in the game and an earlier near miss with McLeod at the back post.  Also, how many easy tap in's has Palmieri f-ed up during this 13 game "drought"?   

I'm hoping when Nico comes back, Zacha gets moved back to LW.  I think he's better there and you'll see more points if and when that happens.   I also think that would solve a couple of roster holes because our top 6 wingers just aren't cutting it.  

33 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

True but every single game when you look back, he created a couple of chances where he could have easily had another point or two.  It wasn't ever really like that with Pavel before this year.   Last night there was that shot where he got himself to the middle of the circles late in the game and an earlier near miss with McLeod at the back post.  Also, how many easy tap in's has Palmieri f-ed up during this 13 game "drought"?   

I'm hoping when Nico comes back, Zacha gets moved back to LW.  I think he's better there and you'll see more points if and when that happens.   I also think that would solve a couple of roster holes because our top 6 wingers just aren't cutting it.  

Was thinking the same thing.  His shifts are much more noticeable now (usually in a good way)...lately he's been in the same kind of spot Jack's been in at times this season...making things happen, but just not getting the points.  Back in the day when the points wouldn't come for Zacha, he'd either be borderline invisible, or noticeable for mostly the wrong reasons.  Not the case this year (though that one pass to Maltsev...)

40 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I agree with you, but this thread is about one thing: PavelPoints. He can play as great as he wants to, this bet will be settled by how many points he scores. 5 in the last 13 is trending in the wrong direction for him, but in the right direction for my wallet lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Damn haven’t had to bump this one in a while. 1 Pavelpoint today. Magic # is 8. 

There was a point I thought it was a foregone conclusion, but enough of a slump and it could become close...

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Happy birthday Pav! Go put up some Pavel Points to celebrate!

I hope he blows out almost all of the candles on his cake. 

• Haha 1

1 assist on Bratt's goal! 

Now 7 goals and 14 assists on the season so far!!

Edit: That's a 48 point pace (for 82 games) for Zacha. I think everyone here would be real satisfied with around 50 points from Pav in a "normal" season.

Edited by Devs3cups
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

1 assist on Bratt's goal! 

Now 7 goals and 14 assists on the season so far!!

Edit: That's a 48 point pace (for 82 games) for Zacha. I think everyone here would be real satisfied with around 50 points from Pav in a "normal" season.

Even I am satisfied with his output this year. I will be happy to pay my $40 bet. 

Almost. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Even I am satisfied with his output this year. I will be happy to pay my $40 bet. 

Almost. 

It’s looking more and more like you’re going to be rocking a #37 jersey, too...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

It’s looking more and more like you’re going to be rocking a #37 jersey, too...

Gonna have to keep an eye out for a suitable blank...

...although, I said I would buy it, not that I would wear it lol. 

Edited by mfitz804

55 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Eye test can tell you Zacha is having an outstanding season and the stats back it up. 

This adds more fuel to the “advanced statistics in hockey are absurdly overrated and not in the same stratosphere as baseball.” 

Seriously, read that site. It sounds ludicrous.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Mfitz is about to look gorgeous in his new 37 jersey.

I said I would buy it, I’m not wearing that sh!t lol

11 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I said I would buy it, I’m not wearing that sh!t lol

It’s a Devils jersey. Why wouldn’t you wear it? Not like you have to buy a Rags jersey with Zacha’s name on it or something lol.

Edited by MadDog2020

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I want to see a pic of you wearing it at your first game back at the Rock!

The odds of me posting a picture of myself online is very slim.