The PavelPoints Tracking Thread

mfitz804

7 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I just went ahead and matched it. Fun bet! 

275DD4FB-2B1F-401D-ADF5-C72BF9B4CC1F.jpeg

Awesome, nice gesture. 

I don’t usually post proof of my donations, but after using the phrase “PavelPaid” I felt like I had to. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

Njdevs was pavelfunded by Fitz and mb30. Thanks guys

Obviously, Pavel’s continued reading of this site and desire to prove me wrong are the real reason this happened. 

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Obviously, Pavel’s continued reading of this site and desire to prove me wrong are the real reason this happened. 

In the end, what if the real PavelPoints are the friendships we made along the way?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

In the end, what if the real PavelPoints are the friendships we made along the way?

Honestly, is there a better way to wrap up this thread than that?? Too funny. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MB3 said:

19 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Honestly, is there a better way to wrap up this thread than that?? Too funny. 

You two definitely provide your share of laughs...which we need during (multiple) seasons like this.  So thank you both for that!  

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

You two definitely provide your share of laughs...which we need during (multiple) seasons like this.  So thank you both for that!  

Speaking for myself and my tag team partner, it’s my pleasure. 

Zacha remains 2 points ahead of Jack in the race for the team lead. Yegor is now only 4 points back at 29. 

Time is running short, as long as Hughes and Zacha keep clicking, the gap will not be closed. That’s not good for me. 

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Zacha remains 2 points ahead of Jack in the race for the team lead. Yegor is now only 4 points back at 29. 

Time is running short, as long as Hughes and Zacha keep clicking, the gap will not be closed. That’s not good for me. 

You need to send the league an email to review the second goal by Boqvist.  I thought Hughes might have touched the puck before it bounced over to JB

Also, anything can happen in that last game of the season against the Flyers.  They gave up 7 again tonight 

27 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

You need to send the league an email to review the second goal by Boqvist.  I thought Hughes might have touched the puck before it bounced over to JB

I was rooting hard for it lol. 

17 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

That might be the nail in the coffin with Hughes not keeping pace with an assist 

Seems like he is the only reason Hughes had had any points lately. 

I like to subscribe to the reality that once Pavel landed here, he did some light googling and came across this board.  He's been reading this board since then and every negative post that was made about him...  

...Then he saw you make this bet. 

• Haha 2

Figured this was worth posting here:

yet another example of why only using advanced stats to build a case for/against a player’s performance is just plain ignorant.

seriously cannot stand the “well his expected goals or chances are bad so his scoring is worthless and he’s a bad player” argument.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I like to subscribe to the reality that once Pavel landed here, he did some light googling and came across this board.  He's been reading this board since then and every negative post that was made about him...  

...Then he saw you make this bet. 

Yep, I have 100% reverse psychologied him into being a real hockey player. It’s not even a question. 

48908665773_08e35b5615_b.jpg

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

yet another example of why only using advanced stats to build a case for/against a player’s performance is just plain ignorant.

seriously cannot stand the “well his expected goals or chances are bad so his scoring is worthless and he’s a bad player” argument.

I would usually agree, but if he’s saying Zacha is bad, I will blindly agree without reading it. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Cordell is one of these analytics nerds who never played hockey and probably still wears a pocket protector. fvck that guy.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Cordell is one of these analytics nerds who never played hockey and probably still wears a pocket protector. fvck that guy.

I really know nothing about the guy other than his analytics garbage. This is just further proof that analytics don’t mean anything, because they don’t reflect a guy’s actual play. 

Zacha has 0.71 PPG, leads the team in scoring, one off the team lead in goals, 4 off the team leads was in assists, and first place in pissing me off. 

To take that and say we should trade him based on analytics is ridiculous and nobody should find that asshat credible. 

• Like 4