GDT: Capitals at Devils 1:00pm MSG+

eaglejelly

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Are you sure that wasn't AJSGolf? lol

Oh sh!t yeah! I apologize,  I think that was AJSGolf, I just go by Avatar usually lol, but they don't have one. 

I apologize! Still a negative fan though ;). He can if he wants to, just don't see how that's fun at all lol

Just now, pumpkin cutter said:

this will be a playoff team in 2 years. crazy being excited about that after seein them always make it. kids are good, core is there. team's gonna keep growing and progress.  If they don't make the playoffs in 2023 i will start worrying. 

I give them 3 years to figure it out and getting other guys in here. But yeah, the core is looking real solid. they are the ones contributing. Not the vets.

Just now, Devs3cups said:

Oh sh!t yeah! I apologize,  I think that was AJSGolf, I just go by Avatar usually lol, but they don't have one. 

I apologize! Still a negative fan though ;). He can if he wants to, just don't see how that's fun at all lol

They can say what they want but we're free to respond as well. Either way, there's an ignore feature for a reason.

This team doesn't quit, I'll give them that.  

Let's hope that they get to a point, very soon, that they are  pulling out some wins and points.  I think that it's never a bad thing for a young, improving team to be in a race and playing games that mean something late in the year.

This team is so much better than they were with Hynes.

1 minute ago, pumpkin cutter said:

this will be a playoff team in 2 years. crazy being excited about that after seein them always make it. kids are good, core is there. team's gonna keep growing and progress.  If they don't make the playoffs in 2023 i will start worrying. 

So a maybe playoff birth is good with you? In 2 years? Considering we used to make it about every year except 1 or 2 I believe for 18 years? 

Im not a doom and gloomer I love this team more than basically anything. I’ll always be there for them I just feel like this has been not good for so long we have turned into the exact opposite of what we used to be. 

Well I guess I’ll hope for playoffs in ‘23. 

4 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

I give them 3 years to figure it out and getting other guys in here. But yeah, the core is looking real solid. they are the ones contributing. Not the vets.

that's the exciting part. hopefully they stick to the plan and don't rush anyone. I want holtz here, but i am ok with him being in the AHL if he's not ready. future is bright and i am excited. 

would like some more d prospects though. 

Edited by pumpkin cutter
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fansinz88 said:

So a maybe playoff birth is good with you? In 2 years? Considering we used to make it about every year except 1 or 2 I believe for 18 years? 

Im not a doom and gloomer I love this team more than basically anything. I’ll always be there for them I just feel like this has been not good for so long we have turned into the exact opposite of what we used to be. 

Considering this team has only made it out of the first round 1x since the first season in the Prudential Center, 07-08, being sh!t has been the norm for awhile. 

Just now, Fansinz88 said:

This is a young team, but they're showing real promise out there. I'm not worried in the slightest. I think you've been used to having a perenial contender which is fine, but it's a cycle. We've been doomed by bad decisions/drafting for a few years. But it's turning around. Try to be encouraged by the young core we're developing. 

Ask Detroit how things are going...

having a run as prolonged as the Devils and Red Wings will always end at some point. And then it takes time (significant time) to rebuild after picking late for so many years. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

that's the exciting part. hopefully they stick to the plan and don't rush anyone. I want holtz here, but i am ok with him being in the AHL if he's not ready. future is bright and i am excited. 

would like some more d prospects though. 

Holtz's big year is next year. WJC as a 19 year old, SHL or AHL. I'm excited to see what he does. He's a great prospect though. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yes and it will be based on this game, but he’ll leave in 2027. 

He will cite this game specifically in leaving too. ‘Jack, what led you to this decision?’ ‘Well, it was that game against Washington my second year in the league back in February of 2021.’ 🤣

Edited by MadDog2020

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

Considering this team has only made it out of the first round 1x since the first season in the Prudential Center, 07-08, being sh!t has been the norm for awhile. 

But at least we were in the conversation almost every season.

Maybe didn’t make it out of first round after ‘07-‘08 except for 2012 which was fun as hell and made me hate the Kings ever since when I never had a bad thought about them before that.

4 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

This is a young team, but they're showing real promise out there. I'm not worried in the slightest. I think you've been used to having a perenial contender which is fine, but it's a cycle. We've been doomed by bad decisions/drafting for a few years. But it's turning around. Try to be encouraged by the young core we're developing. 

I love Ty smith he should have played 2 years ago but John Hynes was there and didn’t have a clue. Check Nashville now. 

Speaking of the young core, I mostly viewed it as Hughes, Hischier, Bratt, Smith, and Blackwood until recently, but I think Zacha and Severson might also be part of the conversation at this point. Severson is only 26, so he fits the timeline, and I’m becoming more and more convinced this is not just a tease from Zacha. 

• Like 3

But at least we were in the conversation almost every season.

Maybe didn’t make it out of first round after ‘07-‘08 except for 2012 which was fun as hell and made me hate the Kings ever since when I never had a bad thought about them before that.

I love Ty smith he should have played 2 years ago but John Hynes was there and didn’t have a clue. Check Nashville now. 

wrong. best move was to let him grow and not pull a zacha and butcher his growth. 

• Like 1

I would kill for a righty Andy Greene. We don’t have a defense-first righty who can take on the toughs. That’s been part of the issue with the Kill. 

Bring back Stevens to give Subban the talk that Lemaire gave to him in 93/94. Time to become a shutdown Dman. Forget the points and just shut teams down. This team needs it in the worst way

Edited by Devils Pride 26
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

He will cite this game specifically in leaving too. ‘Jack, what led you to this decision?’ ‘Well, it was that game against Washington my second year in the league back in February of 2021.’ 🤣

Has nothing to do with a singular game my friend. Has to do with his brothers and a team with a better roster. If Luke ends up with Vancouver. I’m not saying it’s going to happen but if Luke ends up with Vancouver you don’t think Jack will seriously look at that??? 

of course he will.