GDT: Devils vs. Isles, SUPERSPREADER EDITION 3/2/21, 7:00pm, MSG+2

RunninWithTheDevil

Having not made a GDT in well over a year, I'm tossing my hat in the ring for some good GDT luck. Here's hoping. And here's hoping the fans in attendance keep their fvcking masks on for Christs sake. Last thing we need is to get shutdown again because some jamoke wants to yell "SHOOOT!" with his mask on his chin. 

Please dear God let them start Cory

Edit: NVM he's not even listed on their active roster anymore

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Having not made a GDT in well over a year, I'm tossing my hat in the ring for some good GDT luck. Here's hoping. And here's hoping the fans in attendance keep their fvcking masks on for Christs sake. Last thing we need is to get shutdown again because some jamoke wants to yell "SHOOOT!" with his mask on his chin. 

To reiterate my previous joke, how would the players know when to shoot without said jamoke?

I think the real problem will be (as it always is) people getting so sloppy drunk that they disregard the protocols. Hoping not, but expecting that will be the case. 

In any event, yeah, let’s hockey. Hopefully Nico is back with a gnarly scar, Pavel continues to compile PavelPoints, Jack stops no look passing to nobody, PK stops being PK, and we win a damn game. Enough is enough, you turds. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Islanders have looked reallllyyyyy good lately.  Setting my expectations for this one.

LGD

I have no expectations. The Caps and Islanders always beat us, and I doubt that changes tonight. But I’m hopeful.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I have no expectations. The Caps and Islanders always beat us, and I doubt that changes tonight. But I’m hopeful.

Me too...really don't want to go into "Well maybe next year" mode yet again on the early side, but it feels like time is slipping away in a hurry.  At least there's kids worth watching.    

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Also looks like Nico is out again, really hope it wasn't a concussion. 

Hope Murray is back in the lineup too, let PK sit a game. 

Fixed.  Based on his body of work as a Devil, he should not be a friggin' untouchable.  

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I’ll start to worry when they’re similar injuries. Back, leg, “lower body”, sh!t like that. 

Doesn’t matter how iron-man you are, a slapshot to the cheekbone should give someone some time off. Especially with what we know about concussions; avoid that kind of sh!t at all costs.

Oh I agree. Just frustrating. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

fvck, if this turns into another long term injury... God damn it

‘Day to day’. I said it the other day- we’ll see him in April. That guy has the worst luck with injuries.

Edited by MadDog2020

Ryan Murray is really in Ruffs doghouse (sorry!) if he's sitting again. And I think it's time Wood had a chance on Zachas line. Goose took half a season to get going last season and looks like doing the same this season, which isn't good enough.

Anyway, let's hope the boys can stay positive even though they haven't been winning.

LGD!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

LGD!

Not to bring the mood down in the GDT, but in case anyone missed it, it was being reported that Cory's 14 year old nephew died in a fire last week and he left the team to be with his family. 

• Sad 1