GDT: Devils vs. Isles, SUPERSPREADER EDITION 3/2/21, 7:00pm, MSG+2

RunninWithTheDevil

6 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Subban taping his stick, and can't get that perfect Hughes pass. smh

Even if he did, he would’ve shot it wide, into the goalie’s crest, or into the face of one of our more useful players, knocking said useful player out of the lineup.

Just now, Bonginator11 said:

Does that backward pass on the PP ever work?

No it doesn’t. Another thing I’m sick and tired of watching.

• Like 1

By all means keep doing those useless drop passes...and setting up PK who damned near NEVER scores...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

By all means keep doing those useless drop passes...and setting up PK who damned near NEVER scores...

I’ve had it. How many times do you need to keep doing the same fvcking thing and expecting a different result?! That’s called insanity.

1 minute ago, andy said:

The Devils power play makes my head hurt.

It makes my eyes hurt.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

Does that backward pass on the PP ever work?

Literally never. They've been doing it for 3-4 years now and all it does is get them trapped in the neutral zone or break their momentum.  It doesn't fool the other team or set up a breakout for us whatsoever.  I absolutely can't stand that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Literally never. They've been doing it for 3-4 years now and all it does is get them trapped in the neutral zone or break their momentum.  It doesn't fool the other team or set up a breakout for us whatsoever.  I absolutely can't stand that. 

If they were a baseball team, they’d fake to third and then to first...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yep it’s the stupidest thing ever. Never works but apparently we are the most stubborn team in the league and won’t quit until it actually works

• Like 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

I’m so sick of watching Hughes set up Palmieri and Johnsson only to see it squandered. We need to give the kid some finishers in the worst way. 2-3 highlight reel passes tonight and nothing. 

fvcking right. This team needs FINISHERS. So help me, if Holtz gets up here and is another one of these post-hitting, wide-shooting fvcking turds, I may need to be institutionalized. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Does anyone else here feel... nothing... about Andy Greene? I loved him when he was a solid 2nd pairing defenseman but the end of his tenure just soured me so much. 

I still feel pain when I see Parise play in a different uniform. Kovalchuk in a different jersey made me cringe. I see Andy Greene and just think “ayy lmao that guy” 

I liked Andy. He was a good Devil. But I understand what you mean. 

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Does anyone else here feel... nothing... about Andy Greene? I loved him when he was a solid 2nd pairing defenseman but the end of his tenure just soured me so much. 

I still feel pain when I see Parise play in a different uniform. Kovalchuk in a different jersey made me cringe. I see Andy Greene and just think “ayy lmao that guy” 

Pretty much. I always liked him, always thought he was somewhat underrated around the league, but I didn’t really care when he left. 

• Like 1

Re: the trivia question.   I've always thought the Adrian Foster pick, when they couldn't even find him in the arena after his name was called, was the exact moment David Conte jumped the shark.  There were a few good picks after that but we never again had the type of quality drafts we were consistently getting in the 90's

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

I made a comment about this awhile ago, went back and found it... 

"Feels weird to feel absolutely nothing about a guy who I watched play 14 seasons and 973 games in a Devils uniform. I never hated nor loved the guy. A huge amount of indifference from me when it comes to him. He was fine for what he was but was never anything special. I'm sure he'll get a nice video package and standing ovation when he comes back for his first game but I can't say that I actually care. "

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

I have warm feelings toward Andy Greene, and he was a dependable player here. I don't blame him for the fact that we sucked at developing defensemen for a decade.

He also wasn’t here for much success. Outside of 2012, none of the teams he played on did much.

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Continuing my Andy Green schpiel. (spelling?)

I saw on reddit people say they cried when he got traded. “I’ll always root for the Islanders for Greener!!” He’s legitimately fvcking adored. 

Why tho? I don’t get it. I really don’t get it. He was a fine player that’s remarkably unmemorable, and isn’t the “least important captain in franchise history” for the sole reason that Bryce Salvador for some reason wore a C. 

With you on Greene.  He did have some solid years and got the most out of what he had to work with, and I could definitely appreciate him on that level, but for the most part, he was just kinda there.  And if anything, I was happy that the Devils were able to get a second rounder out of him.

Kudos to him for sticking around as long as he has though.  Probably finishes his career with over 1000 GP.

• Like 1