GDT: Devils vs. Isles, SUPERSPREADER EDITION 3/2/21, 7:00pm, MSG+2

RunninWithTheDevil

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Jack needs to play with Zacha or Wood. They’re the only guys putting the puck in the net consistently right now. 

I'd love to see Jack with Bratt and Zacha, but for now that kind of screws up our lines. When Nico comes back, you can put Nico with Palms. I really think Jack and Bratt would click.

Super frustrating game. Special teams really killed any chance they had this season. 

All of these games have been super frustrating. I’m beyond sick of losing to Washington and the Islanders. fvck those two franchises in the fvcking ear. 

Edited by MadDog2020

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Too little too late.

100074A9-00D2-4E20-A00E-08CFC14BC447.gif

yeah doesn't get any more meaningless than that. Would rather they suffer the embarrassment of being shut out. Sit on that until the next game and maybe come out with some purpose. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

I'd love to see Jack with Bratt and Zacha, but for now that kind of screws up our lines. When Nico comes back, you can put Nico with Palms. I really think Jack and Bratt would click.

Im not worried about screwing up the lines. They’re terrible right now. You gotta shake things up. And our best playmaker can’t keep dragging around 2 black holes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Im not worried about screwing up the lines. They’re terrible right now. You gotta shake things up. And our best playmaker can’t keep dragging around 2 black holes. 

It's more that Zacha is playing center on the Bratt line and Hughes on the Palms line. If you put Hughes with Zacha and Bratt while Nico is out, who do you put with Anderson and Palms right now? 

1 minute ago, titans04 said:

yeah doesn't get any more meaningless than that. Would rather they suffer the embarrassment of being shut out. Sit on that until the next game and maybe come out with some purpose. 

So guys are losing and keep playing hard until the very end and get rewarded with a goal and an assist to one of our young stud making a great play, great learning experience for him. Basically doing what every coach and fans could ever hope for, to play hard until the end.

But you're so biter that you'd rather have that not happening just so the whole team feel miserable with you.

Nice. 

2 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

It's more that Zacha is playing center on the Bratt line and Hughes on the Palms line. If you put Hughes with Zacha and Bratt while Nico is out, who do you put with Anderson and Palms right now? 

Don’t care. They’re doing nothing. And Zacha is better at wing anyway. 

• Like 1

Don’t care. They’re doing nothing. And Zacha is better at wing anyway. 

Fair enough, I'd be fine with it if they experiment with it, but I doubt it'll happen until Nico comes back. 

edit: I said Anderson, I meant Johnsson lol

37 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Jack looked better tonight. That’s literally all I got...

He's gotta pick it up too, four points in his last thirteen games.  At some point we just can't keep blaming the wingers for Hughes' lack of production when he's supposed to be the elite guy that raises everyone else's level

Edited by NJDevs4978

13 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

7 straight loses at home, wonder what the record is there. Glad I didn't attend this one. 

Woof...it's 2-7-1 overall.  I mean home/road records are gonna be a little squirrely this year with the whole limited/no fans stuff and the schedule format itself but yeah I'm glad I'm not going this year at this point.  Too bad this year's pretty well over with already and I'm getting far less optimistic about next year than I was a few games ago.

Edited by NJDevs4978

14 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

it's spelled Andersson* 

• Haha 1

Just now, NJDevs4978 said:

Woof...it's 2-7-1 overall.  I mean home/road records are gonna be a little squirrely this year with the whole limited/no fans stuff and the schedule format itself but yeah I'm glad I'm not going this year at this point.  Too bad I'm getting less optimistic about next year than I was a few games ago.

Definitely, I wonder what the record for most consecutive losses at home is as well, this says 9 in 85-86 but sure when the last time this was updated... 

https://records.nhl.com/records/team-records/losing-streaks/longest-home-losing-streak-one-season

5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Definitely, I wonder what the record for most consecutive losses at home is as well, this says 9 in 85-86 but sure when the last time this was updated... 

https://records.nhl.com/records/team-records/losing-streaks/longest-home-losing-streak-one-season

I'm surprised our MacLoser death spiral wasn't in there somewhere lol

Actually looking back we did lose our first seven home games that year too, though one was OT and one was a SO.  So 0-5-2.  This seven gamer is actually worse though cause it's all regulation, yikes

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

He's gotta pick it up too, four points in his last thirteen games.  At some point we just can't keep blaming the wingers for Hughes' lack of production when he's supposed to be the elite guy that raises everyone else's level

He had what would’ve been an incredible assist tonight. Johnsson proceeded to waste it by hitting the crossbar.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I'm surprised our MacLoser death spiral wasn't in there somewhere lol

Actually looking back we did lose our first seven home games that year too, though one was OT and one was a SO.  So 0-5-2.  This seven gamer is actually worse though cause it's all regulation, yikes

I figured Cory and his horrid streak would be in there too but guess we got some random wins in here and there with someone else 

38 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

He looked good tonight, running around people, great passes, almost had the assist on the Johnsson crossbar shot. But like you said, all of his smooth skating and fancy passing aren’t resulting in much of anything. I mean, if Pavel Zacha out scores him for the season, Jack should retire. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean, if Pavel Zacha out scores him for the season, Jack should retire. 

I don’t know if that’s really a fair statement, seeing as how Zacha seems to have made marked improvement, and Jack is only in year two. Zacha, as you know, has looked legitimately good.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I don’t know if that’s really a fair statement, seeing as how Zacha seems to have made marked improvement, and Jack is only in year two. Zacha, as you know, has looked legitimately good.

I’m not into fair statements about Zacha. I think I’ve made that pretty clear. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

He’s not a goal scorer, and never has been. It’s hard to ask for much more than some of these setups he’s been giving them. Pucks have to start going in the net instead of off the crossbar every time.

• Like 2