Jump to content

GDT: Devils vs. Isles, SUPERSPREADER EDITION 3/2/21, 7:00pm, MSG+2


RunninWithTheDevil
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

 

And since I've seen this brought up, let's not kid ourselves that Seattle is going to be bullish on PK because "he's a name".  If the Devils want to pawn him off to the Kraken, one thing that they can do is arrange something behind the scenes where Seattle drafts one of our exposed players, then the Devils trade PK (and take on well over half of his remaining money) + a draft pick (probably a second) to get that player back...I'm sure that Seattle is doing its homework and realizes that PK isn't going to do a hell of a lot for them in his season there...their best hope will be to get a mid-round pick for him at next year's deadline. 

Unfortunately the max retention in any deal is 50%.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Unfortunately the max retention in any deal is 50%.  

Thanks...gotta imagine Seattle would request a full 50% retention then, along with a pick and/or a meh prospect...which leads to the big question...would you rather give up a 2nd or 3rd and possibly a warm body and retain half of his cap hit to dump PK (assuming Seattle would indeed be willing to draft a Devil that the Devils would want back, in a "wink-wink" trade), or just suck it up for one more year, then try to move PK at the deadline for whatever you can get (won't be much obviously)?

Curious to see if there's any chance PK gets moved this season, but seems like a longshot...just don't see who would want him, based on what we've seen since he's been here.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Thanks...gotta imagine Seattle would request a full 50% retention then, along with a pick and/or a meh prospect...which leads to the big question...would you rather give up a 2nd or 3rd and possibly a warm body and retain half of his cap hit to dump PK (assuming Seattle would indeed be willing to draft a Devil that the Devils would want back, in a "wink-wink" trade), or just suck it up for one more year, then try to move PK at the deadline for whatever you can get (won't be much obviously)?

Curious to see if there's any chance PK gets moved this season, but seems like a longshot...just don't see who would want him, based on what we've seen since he's been here.  

 

He has been much more reliable this year compared to last, but I don’t know if anyone wants to take him for an extra year. Even if we pick up half.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We started sucking once we got Vatanen. You might say nah that coincides with the team coming back from covid. But I'll point out we sucked once we traded for him the first time. He's bad mojo.

Also I'll point out that Hughes was having his most productive time when he was playing with Wood. Bring on the hate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Max20Characters said:

We started sucking once we got Vatanen. You might say nah that coincides with the team coming back from covid. But I'll point out we sucked once we traded for him the first time. He's bad mojo.

Also I'll point out that Hughes was having his most productive time when he was playing with Wood. Bring on the hate.

I mean you’re right about Wood, put Hughes on a line with our leading goal scorer and good things happen. 

While confirming that Wood still had the lead, I noticed this nugget. If anyone still thinks +/- is a measure of anything at all, we have only three players on our team that are minus right now. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

 

While confirming that Wood still had the lead, I noticed this nugget. If anyone still thinks +/- is a measure of anything at all, we have only three players on our team that are minus right now. 
 

Extra meaningless when your PP and PK are in the sh!tter and are often the key turning points in determining wins and loses.

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Max20Characters said:

We started sucking once we got Vatanen. You might say nah that coincides with the team coming back from covid. But I'll point out we sucked once we traded for him the first time. He's bad mojo.

Also I'll point out that Hughes was having his most productive time when he was playing with Wood. Bring on the hate.

This is just not true. Vatanen was vital to that playoff run. You can make a case he was the 3rd most important piece after Hall and Kinkaid that year (and maybe Nico). 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

This is just not true. Vatanen was vital to that playoff run. You can make a case he was the 3rd most important piece after Hall and Kinkaid that year (and maybe Nico). 

Yeah definitely not true and him getting knocked out of that series definitely hurt any chance we had of winning that series.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.