Jump to content

GDT: Devils vs. Isles, SUPERSPREADER EDITION 3/2/21, 7:00pm, MSG+2


RunninWithTheDevil
 Share

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

‘Day to day’. I said it the other day- we’ll see him in April. That guy has the worst luck with injuries.

Broken leg, covid, slapshot to the head. Poor guy can’t get going.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

Ryan Murray is really in Ruffs doghouse (sorry!) if he's sitting again. And I think it's time Wood had a chance on Zachas line. Goose took half a season to get going last season and looks like doing the same this season, which isn't good enough.

Anyway, let's hope the boys can stay positive even though they haven't been winning.

LGD!

Like the accountability.  Hynes would occasionally try that, but not with much consistency.  Not going to pretend that it's easy to hold everyone accountable all of the time of course, especially with a D-corp not exactly known for depth.

Can't help but wonder if/when PK has to answer though.  He's just...not good.  Guess maybe once out of every 20 games or so, he'll find the back of the net by accident.  The rest of the time it seems like his shot is dangerous for every reason EXCEPT finding the back of the net.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

 

really might be time for new Dr's if he's still being evaluated at this point. Seriously.  He either does or does not have a concussion.  Sounds like he's likely going to miss a few more at this point.

As for Dell starting, curious decision I think it's a game late, thought that going into the caps game.

Strap yourselves in guys this one could be a tough night, hopefully not.

Edited by titans04
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Like the accountability.  Hynes would occasionally try that, but not with much consistency.  Not going to pretend that it's easy to hold everyone accountable all of the time of course, especially with a D-corp not exactly known for depth.

Can't help but wonder if/when PK has to answer though.  He's just...not good.  Guess maybe once out of every 20 games or so, he'll find the back of the net by accident.  The rest of the time it seems like his shot is dangerous for every reason EXCEPT finding the back of the net.

I like the accountability to, but as you say when is PK going to sit? I've been surprised by Kulikov. Not great but pretty decent  and more offensive awareness than I thought he'd have. The Severson/Smith duo has been our best though imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Well fvck, time to start speculating.  What the hell could they still be evaluating?

Waiting for swelling to subside to see if there are any broken bones in there?

 

14 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

A concussion probably.

It could very well be both. Out of my concussions: one was instant I knew I had one, the other one, other than my head being split open, it took a day or two to really kick in. and that was just hitting a doorframe rough housing with my friend. Not a one-in-a-million PK actual slap-shot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

really might be time for new Dr's if he's still being evaluated at this point. Seriously.  He either does or does not have a concussion.  Sounds like he's likely going to miss a few more at this point.

As for Dell starting, curious decision I think it's a game late, thought that going into the caps game.

Strap yourselves in guys this one could be a tough night, hopefully not.

Are you kidding me, they're wearing their retro jerseys', this one's in the bag for the good guys. (that would be NJ Devils)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

 

It could very well be both. Out of my concussions: one was instant I knew I had one, the other one, other than my head being split open, it took a day or two to really kick in. and that was just hitting a doorframe rough housing with my friend. Not a one-in-a-million PK actual slap-shot.

I feel like he was very obviously concussed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Me too...really don't want to go into "Well maybe next year" mode yet again on the early side, but it feels like time is slipping away in a hurry.  At least there's kids worth watching.    

They're already nine points out with not as many games in hand as you would think, though they do have four games in hand with the Isles who they're ten points back of.

Edited by NJDevs4978
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Well fvck, time to start speculating.  What the hell could they still be evaluating?

Waiting for swelling to subside to see if there are any broken bones in there?

It's either not a concussion, or it is and saying he needs to be evaluated is just their way of delaying until people stop asking about it since we know the Devils aren't exactly forthcoming with injuries.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I know I'm probably in the minority opinion on this but after seeing them during warm-ups, I still don't like these uniforms. 

you're not it's a hard no from me too.🤮

riding a 6 game skid at home??

 

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When was the last time we even won a game in alternate red white and green uniforms or even kept it close, one of the St Patty’s day games where Elias came out for the 3 stars in the leprechaun hat?   It certainly seems like it.  

Edited by Lateralous
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I know I'm probably in the minority opinion on this but after seeing them during warm-ups, I still don't like these uniforms. 

 

0A09388C-5CD9-47BF-81B4-E8E3EE201D92.gif

6 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

When was the last time we even won a game in alternate red white and green uniforms or even kept it close, one the the St Patty’s day games where Elias came out for the 3 stars in the leprechaun hat?   It certainly seems like it.  

Too long.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

When was the last time we even won a game in alternate red white and green uniforms or even kept it close, one the the St Patty’s day games where Elias came out for the 3 stars in the leprechaun hat?   It certainly seems like it.  

I think it kind of hurts that they've been garbage most seasons since they started using them. I remember them playing good in them a couple of times when it was the yearly tradition thing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.