GDT: Rags @ Devils 7:00 PM MSG, MSG+2

MadDog2020

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

So he’s not dead. That’s good.

It's possible given the state of the team/season that if he had to have some kind of surgery or dental work that may have waited, under most circumstances, to just happen now. Idk why they won't give an update but hockey is usually secretive about this stuff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

It's possible given the state of the team/season that if he had to have some kind of surgery or dental work that may have waited, under most circumstances, to just happen now. Idk why they won't give an update but hockey is usually secretive about this stuff. 

All sports are secretive about injuries. They think they’re protecting some type of state secret.

When I broke my orbital bone I had to wait a few days before I had surgery to repair it.  It didn't look bad and the surgeon said I could actually skip out on having it fused with plates, it might heal a little less smooth, but not very noticeable.  It didn't matter much though, my nose was smashed up too and I needed to get that fixed so he fixed the cheek bone while he was in there.

EDIT: I'll post a photo because I'm wearing a Devils hat (even though you can't see it).  This is what it looked like the morning after.  Had to wait for some swelling to go down before they went in.

Snapchat-225189151.jpg

Edited by Crisis
  • Shocking 2

10 minutes ago, titans04 said:

I find it odd that Nico wasn't there for this, call me crazy.  He's fine though no bad news. Nothing to see here. Sorry PK should of been passed over too. He's not leading sh!t.

Ridiculous Nico wasn’t there. There is obviously more to this than meets the eye, which is typical. Meanwhile, we’ll continue to hear ‘he’s fine, but no updates’ until mid-April, when Nico will suddenly re-emerge out of nowhere.

Edited by MadDog2020

10 minutes ago, titans04 said:

I find it odd that Nico wasn't there for this, call me crazy.  He's fine though no bad news. Nothing to see here. Sorry PK should of been passed over too. He's not leading sh!t.

The impression I get is that people think he's either fine or he's got one foot in the grave. Is there no room for a gray area here? He got hit hard in the head/face. He may not be concussed but he also still may be recovering. 

12 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

The impression I get is that people think he's either fine or he's got one foot in the grave. Is there no room for a gray area here? He got hit hard in the head/face. He may not be concussed but he also still may be recovering. 

Most hockey players who are hit hard in the head/face are back at it the next game (if not the next shift). The fact that he’s not either means he’s a pu$$y compared to other guys, or it’s more severe than just getting hit in the head/face and he’s still recovering. 

23 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Most hockey players who are hit hard in the head/face are back at it the next game (if not the next shift). The fact that he’s not either means he’s a pu$$y compared to other guys, or it’s more severe than just getting hit in the head/face and he’s still recovering. 

There's also no urgency into rushing him back if he did break something, like Chara with returning from that broken jaw of his was crazy but it was also the finals and he most likely wouldn't have been doing that for a regular season game if they were quite a bit out of the playoffs already like this team is. 

• Like 2

My point was if you're having a leadership meeting and your newly named captain isn't there it wouldn't seem to indicate he's doing just fine and there's no bad news.

Not asking him to play in the game or even games. How about sitting in the room and playing the role, not sure that would be all that  strenuous.  Certainly not the end of the world but not great either.

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, titans04 said:

My point was if you're having a leadership meeting and your newly named captain isn't there it wouldn't seem to indicate he's doing just fine and there's no bad news.

Not asking him to play in the game or even games. How about sitting in the room and playing the role, not sure that would be all that  strenuous.  Certainly not the end of the world but not great either.

It’s weird, and it points to the fact they are most definitely covering up a serious injury.

3 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Who is saying he's fine? Everyone knows he's hurt, but no one in the org is saying how bad. I choose to not assume the worst until there's a reason.