GDT: Rags @ Devils 7:00 PM MSG, MSG+2

MadDog2020

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

I find it odd that Nico wasn't there for this, call me crazy.  He's fine though no bad news. Nothing to see here. Sorry PK should of been passed over too. He's not leading sh!t.

I know PK is a fun punching bag, and that he's not playing great, but he's also not playing all THAT bad either. He leads our defensemen in scoring, even strength points, and power play points and he's second on the team in shots and time on ice. By all accounts he's a pretty big locker room guy too. 

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

I know PK is a fun punching bag, and that he's not playing great, but he's also not playing all THAT bad either. He leads our defensemen in scoring, even strength points, and power play points and he's second on the team in shots and time on ice. By all accounts he's a pretty big locker room guy too. 

If he played like this last year, nobody would be complaining about him. 

Ok, one guy would be...

• Haha 2

Will be there with my daughter tonight, up in the Loft.  Wearing my McMullen Zacha because he's friggin' leading the Devils in points!  I'm so curious as to what this experience is going to be like...just can't picture a 10% capacity crowd with tarps and cardboard cutouts.  I'll either get used to it very quickly, or leave thinking "We'll be back when everything's back to normal."  

L G M F D!!!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Will be there with my daughter tonight, up in the Loft.  Wearing my McMullen Zacha because he's friggin' leading the Devils in points!  I'm so curious as to what this experience is going to be like...just can't picture a 10% capacity crowd with tarps and cardboard cutouts.  I'll either get used to it very quickly, or leave thinking "We'll be back when everything's back to normal."  

L G M F D!!!

FYI it’s 10 points for every cardboard cutout you draw an NJ Devil mustache and goatee on...

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

L G M F D!!!

With their being just a 10% capacity I don't think there could really be too much to get annoyed about to the point where you would say you're only coming back when things are normal. I mean, think about the things that probably get most people annoyed when they go to an arena - long bathroom lines, long lines for food, people getting up during play and obstructing your view of the ice - all of that should be a non-factor. I imagine it's going to feel like going to your own personal live hockey game, which sounds pretty awesome.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

With their being just a 10% capacity I don't think there could really be too much to get annoyed about to the point where you would say you're only coming back when things are normal. I mean, think about the things that probably get most people annoyed when they go to an arena - long bathroom lines, long lines for food, people getting up during play and obstructing your view of the ice - all of that should be a non-factor. I imagine it's going to feel like going to your own personal live hockey game, which sounds pretty awesome.  

We'll see if they do it tonight but the fake sound was the biggest complaint I saw, my friend who was there had texted me... 

"The fake noise is brutal. I can barely hear my gf next to me and the music is even worse. So loud. It's so loud in here I can't hear the whistle."

11 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

We'll see if they do it tonight but the fake sound was the biggest complaint I saw, my friend who was there had texted me... 

"The fake noise is brutal. I can barely hear my gf next to me and the music is even worse. So loud. It's so loud in here I can't hear the whistle."

Wow, really? I have some friends and people who asked me if they thought the sound effects were real and actually playing in the arena, or if it was something that the TV was just dubbing over the feed - I told them that I was 95% sure it was actually coming from the arena which makes sense, because frankly I think the players get a little pumped up by some background noise and things like that - I'm sure they definitely miss the crowd and the ambient noise. But you're right, if it's really that loud it would be pretty damn annoying. 

Edited by NJDfan1711

22 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Not about annoyances...more about the general weirdness.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Wow, really? I have some friends and people who asked me if they thought the sound effects were real and actually playing in the arena, or if it was something that the TV was just dubbing over the feed - I told them that I was 95% sure it was actually coming from the arena which makes sense, because frankly I think the players get a little pumped up by some background noise and things like that - I'm sure they definitely miss the crowd and the ambient noise. But you're right, if it's really that loud it would be pretty damn annoying. 

Yup its the only complaint I saw from Tuesday so maybe they listened to the people who were there and shut it off for tonight. I have no idea if other teams are playing it.

• Like 1

Keith Kinkaid sitting about 30 ft to my right (street clothes).  Forgot he’s a Ranger now.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Holy fvck Jack. Dude can't catch a fvcking break

It’s unbelievable. I’m tired of watching the kid make a great effort and get nothing for it through no fault of his own. Incredibly frustrating.

• Like 1