GDT: Devils @ Bruins 3/7/21 5:00pm NBCSN

NJDfan1711

I feel partly responsible for our terrible play as of late because I stopped MD2020's GDT streak a few weeks ago, even though we've won since then, so I'm making today's thread to try to right the ship.

Regarding the game, I have no idea what to say anymore.  They've just been bad all around lately, it's not even in one particular area anymore.  The PP/PK still suck, but now so does the defense, and Blackwood too.  They've lost all confidence and seemingly all ability.  Sometimes it takes hitting rock bottom before you can turn things around.  Let's hope that's already happened, and maybe they'll start to play like they have nothing left to lose, because that's probably true now.  If losing back to back games in embarrassing fashion to your most hated rivals doesn't do it, I have no idea what will.

I can't find confirmation, but I expect Dell in net today.  I would really like to see Gusev get a goal today.  Dude has been a huge disappointment this year. It would be nice if Bratt woke up today too - the two year contract he just got is starting to look really, really good, because I'm not sure he deserves a spot on this team beyond that point unless he really turns a corner (at least not a spot in the top 6 forward group, anyway).

Let's Go Devils...

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

Let’s Go Devils. I wonder what the leadership meetings look like. I imagine it may look and sound something like this.

Do the Devils have a water boy?  Maybe they need one instead of a useless thermos.  Not even sure if the Devils win another game for the season.  You may think that’s crazy but why would that be far fetched?  Unless a team forfeits a game.  Heard the league is gonna drop the Devils to 9th in the division because the Sabres felt insulted that they were so close to them in the standings.

• Confused 1

PK was right yesterday - most of the time the are beating themselves. If they don't collapse under pressure and manage to make tape to tape passes, they have a chance against any team. Easier said than done for a team that's been rolling downhill and isn't mentally strong. Anyway go Devils...at least don't make it easy for ratface and Co.

• Like 2

According to Amanda Stein it's Wedge in goal with Mac as backup and Murray coming in for Butcher. How Vats isn't sitting after the last game is beyond me. He has looked terrible since he's been back. She also said McLeod is taking warmups and Goose isn't.

• Like 3

Not a bad idea on throwing Wedgewood out there. Both he and Dell are equally unqualified. Solid move though to give Blackwood a game off even if it drastically lessens the chance of winning the game which is essentially meaningless anyway. Hate Vats even sniffing the ice today. Like the McLeod sighting and Goose can f*ck off.