GDT: Devils @ Bruins 3/7/21 5:00pm NBCSN

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And you thought you couldn’t possibly love Ty Smith anymore than you already do...

So maybe we don’t need to run Blackwood into the ground and can give Wedge a few more starts.   He was fantastic. 

Who can explain this stuff? Totally different team on the ice than the previous two.  Wedgewood won this game. 40 save shutout. 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

Couldn't catch today, glad they got the W!

How were the young guys?

Other than the inability to score on the PP most of the team looked pretty good tbh. Jack had a goal disallowed because of a hand pass. 

Wedgewood was the reason they won though. Boston came on strong at the end. 

• Like 2

Really happy for Wedgewood, that was impressive. Like you said he should give Mac a break more often rather than running him into the ground. 

• Like 5

Who can explain this stuff? Totally different team on the ice than the previous two. 

Wedgewood won this game. 40 save shutout. 

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Really happy for Wedgewood, that was impressive. Like you said he should give Mac a break more often rather than running him into the ground. 

Maybe the skaters should get scratched once in a while, too, with the schedule we're playing. No need to run anyone into the ground. Even if we didn't have a worthy backup, we can't feed Blackwood into the grinder.

39 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

Who would have guessed our losing streak would be broken by Wedgewood against Boston in Boston?

With a shutout no less? Crazy. 🤣

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Other than the inability to score on the PP most of the team looked pretty good tbh. Jack had a goal disallowed because of a hand pass. 

Wedgewood was the reason they won though. Boston came on strong at the end. 

Thanks for the rundown! Sucks for Hughes man

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Almost like years past when they would play to the level of competition. Look good against good teams and play worse than teams worse than them.

I wonder what the Boston fans are saying about the Devils. Well, I know what one is saying, "Thank God we won't face them in the playoffs."

• Like 3

I could only listen to the final 5 minutes cause took me forever to find it on XM during the 3rd.

swear to god that was the longest 5 game losing streak cause it felt longer for sure.

13 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Almost like years past when they would play to the level of competition. Look good against good teams and play worse than teams worse than them.

Thought the same but different players and coaches. It is a mental thing, committ them for tests.

Well that wasn't pretty and I can't say they were the better team, but they played with some grit and determination, and they stuck with it for the full sixty. Hope that gives them some confidence and optimism going into the next game. I'm hoping Ruff doesn't change the forward lines either. They need to build some chemistry & consistency.

Edited by Aitchmack
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

And you thought you couldn’t possibly love Ty Smith anymore than you already do...

image.thumb.png.252cae40c2965b61a582f44a61ec4630.png

We know growing up kids playing hockey all dream of making it to the NHL and lift the cup.

I'm also sure there's a good chunk dreaming of making it to the NHL to nail Brad Marchand

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Who can explain this stuff? Totally different team on the ice than the previous two. 

Wedgewood won this game. 40 save shutout. 

I missed this one (though I'm glad they got a win and I'll make the next GDT if I'm able to), but I was going to ask... with Butcher sitting and Murray in, you'd think the defense is/was better, yet I see they allowed 40 shots on goal. So... was the defense actually any better, or was Wedge just a wall like I see from the comments here?

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I missed this one (though I'm glad they got a win and I'll make the next GDT if I'm able to), but I was going to ask... with Butcher sitting and Murray in, you'd think the defense is/was better, yet I see they allowed 40 shots on goal. So... was the defense actually any better, or was Wedge just a wall like I see from the comments here?

Wall. But there were fewer breakdowns.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Well, they didn’t get like 20 breakaways/odd man rushes, so yeah, the defense was better in that regard. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Wall. But there were fewer breakdowns.

Oh it was night and day from yesterday. They played with much more structure and kept things much more simple. They gave up 40 shots, but it wasn’t the constant odd-man rushes, breakaways, and otherwise high-danger scoring chances they’ve been giving up.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

Also, bears noting the ice was sh!t today. Pucks taking weird bounces everywhere, guys losing their footing for no other explainable reason, etc. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Scott Wedgewood 

Seems like the Devils have a lot of solid ‘wood between the pipes.  Whichever one they shove in there seems to satisfy the fans.  😉

1 hour ago, AEWHistory said:

Seems like the Devils have a lot of solid ‘wood between the pipes.  Whichever one they shove in there seems to satisfy the fans.  😉

Beware the soft goal.

Interesting comment from Brian Boucher (NBC) yesterday about the Devils "system". Opposing D men drool over the prospects of the shooting gallery they can cash in on. If there is a puck in the corner, both our D man are there. All fw's are down low (slot area) & no one covering the point. They (opposing D men)  are free to wheel back and forth w/ no worry of being bothered.  After thinking about it, he's spot on. If any team has a decent forecheck after a puck is dumped in our zone (corner) , our whole team will be down low.  And hard to recover.  Not sure if I'm crazy about our system. There is some merit to what he's saying. And it happened a lot yesterday, but Wedge was ready.

12 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Marchand is such a piece of sh!t.

Johnsson's lack of reaction is kinda Devils hockey in a nutshell. 

"Oh you smashed my team mate in the neck? Cool."

38 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Johnsson's lack of reaction is kinda Devils hockey in a nutshell. 

"Oh you smashed my team mate in the neck? Cool."

It's almost like he looked at Marchand because he knew he was supposed to do something, but he had no clue what it was he was supposed to do.