GDT: Devils @ Bruins 3/7/21 5:00pm NBCSN

52 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Johnsson's lack of reaction is kinda Devils hockey in a nutshell. 

"Oh you smashed my team mate in the neck? Cool."

Yeah that really bothered me, someone step up and at least face wash the guy.

He just illegally checked your best rookie defenseman... do something about it.

• Like 2
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And you thought you couldn’t possibly love Ty Smith anymore than you already do...

So maybe we don’t need to run Blackwood into the ground and can give Wedge a few more starts.   He was fantastic. 

Who can explain this stuff? Totally different team on the ice than the previous two.  Wedgewood won this game. 40 save shutout. 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Yeah that really bothered me, someone step up and at least face wash the guy.

He just illegally checked your best rookie defenseman... do something about it.

I especially liked the cross check to the neck, and then a second one to his back after he fell, just in case. 

Honestly someone needs to take a two handed stick swing at Marchand, maybe that’ll knock whatever is loose in his head back into place. 

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I especially liked the cross check to the neck, and then a second one to his back after he fell, just in case. 

Honestly someone needs to take a two handed stick swing at Marchand, maybe that’ll knock whatever is loose in his head back into place. 

Wilson should’ve hit Marchand. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, SC Devs Fan said:

I cannot believe NJ got 2 points in this game. They looked horrible. Going to be a long rest of the season. 

Not compared to the two prior games, they didn’t lol. 

26 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Its pretty amazing how little the NHL cares about its non-superstar players. You'd think the "department of player safety" would care about player safety. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Johnsson's lack of reaction is kinda Devils hockey in a nutshell. 

"Oh you smashed my team mate in the neck? Cool."

Yeah I'm at a complete loss on that one.  No reaction at all?!  

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Its pretty amazing how little the NHL cares about its non-superstar players. You'd think the "department of player safety" would care about player safety. 

Yup. Not saying he deserves a lengthy suspension (which he does for many reasons), but the fact that they missed it on the ice and it isn’t being reviewed is a total fail. 

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah I'm at a complete loss on that one.  No reaction at all?!  

Smith probably called him Andersson by accident so he was like “fvck that guy”. 

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

Interesting comment from Brian Boucher (NBC) yesterday about the Devils "system". Opposing D men drool over the prospects of the shooting gallery they can cash in on. If there is a puck in the corner, both our D man are there. All fw's are down low (slot area) & no one covering the point. They (opposing D men)  are free to wheel back and forth w/ no worry of being bothered.  After thinking about it, he's spot on. If any team has a decent forecheck after a puck is dumped in our zone (corner) , our whole team will be down low.  And hard to recover.  Not sure if I'm crazy about our system. There is some merit to what he's saying. And it happened a lot yesterday, but Wedge was ready.

Yup, we rarely pressure them 5v5..... But pre covid we weren't giving up many goals

On 3/7/2021 at 8:15 PM, Jerrydevil said:

I wonder what the Boston fans are saying about the Devils. Well, I know what one is saying, "Thank God we won't face them in the playoffs."

B fans up here cannot figure out why they cannot beat us.  Who can figure?

And ratface is a piece of crap.  He and Wilson belong on the dunghill of history!!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, EdgeControl said:

Yup, we rarely pressure them 5v5..... But pre covid we weren't giving up many goals

The Devils were putting up an unsustainable ES save% for a while...over .950.  It’s now down to .929 (still over league average).