GDT: Devils @ Capitals 7:00pm ESPN+ MSG+

NJDfan1711

Sorry for the semi-late thread.  Glad I can make this one and try to put a winning streak together.  Caps have our number lately, so it's hard to expect much, but from what I hear the team looked and played better last game, so there's hope I suppose.

I imagine Blackwood is back in net, but who knows - maybe they give Wedge the start since he posted a shutout - you can argue that he's earned it.

Let's Go Devils!

• Like 2

Lines according to Amanda:

I can agree with these (although the 2nd line should be the 3rd), but it does make you realize how much roster work we really need. 

But still, we don't have to deal with that assclown Tom Wilson tonight, so let's just win. LGD. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Wedgewood between the pipes again tonight. He earned it.

Absolutely. Good call by Ruff. If we haven't made progress in the next 2 weeks, I would say go A and B for the rest of the season, with a "reward" game like this for good performance. No reason to overwork Blackwood to finish last. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Wedgewood between the pipes again tonight. He earned it.

I get the feeling Mac was pretty affected by his bout with Covid...of course he's had some rough games here and there, but I've never seen him look as iffy as he has lately, after looking like a brick wall to start the year.  Which means if this season (which looks to be lost anyway) is about him getting less playing time and trying to recover more thoroughly, as opposed to sticking to Plan A (and getting more games), so be it.  This stretch of rough play hasn't diminished my hope for his future in the slightest.  Still feel good about him.  

Originally, this season was really about the young kids (both in NJ AND Bingo) making progress, and in many ways it still is.  But it's also become about making sure these kids aren't banged up long-term, due to lingering after-effects of Covid.  There will be (hopefully) many 82-game, Covid-free seasons to come, with much of this youth leading the way.  If they literally have to be treated with kid gloves for the rest of 2021, so be it.

Fine with Wedge getting the net tonight, but one of those guys who you have no idea what you're getting any given start.  It can be fun when a guy like him gets on a little roll though.      

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Hoping the girls bring us some more good luck

BtflIBnIcAAfcOz.jpg.f842dbb296426d7b620336079f45a9c2.jpg

I had a picture like that taken when I went to a game solo while my wife was 9 months pregnant and she didn’t want to go. It did not go over as humorously as I had hoped. 

But we won that game too. 

LGD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1