GDT: Devils @ Islanders 3/11 7:00pm MSG

NJDfan1711

We didn't win last game when I made the gameday thread, but we had a hell of a comeback and at least got a point, plus I don't see a thread yet, so what the hell, I'll make this one too.

Going to be a tough test...the Isles are a pretty damn good team and they seem to have our number, kind of like the Caps.  We played them fairly well last time out if I recall, getting a goal in the dying seconds to lose 2-1.  It's going to be interesting playing these guys tonight and then two more times this weekend.  If I see another strong effort I'll be happy I suppose, but I'd really like to see some explosive offense.  I believe we have the second-lowest point total when it comes to the leader in points per team - Zacha has 16 for us and only Detroit is lower with their highest guy having 13.  Several other teams have 19, and then everyone else is in the 20s or higher.  Pretty remarkable to think that McDavid has 48...  

Let's Go Devils.

Man...so McDavid has friggin THREE TIMES the number of points that Zacha (Devils' leader) does.  Goddamn is that depressing...Devils likely won't have a player who finishes the entire season with 48 points...

Anyhoo, yet another lost year (man that start was fun while it lasted), time to cheer on the kids, hope for development, and look forward to a "normal" 82-game season that includes games against everyone, and lots of fans in attendance.  I'm now taking the approach that this is just a very long preseason, with guys making their case for sticking around for the 2021-22 season.

L

G

M

F

D!

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

LGD

At least another decade or two. Patience.

Trust the process. Expecting playoffs more than once a decade is unrealistic. 3 or 4 more lottery picks and we can start thinking about the wild card maybe. 

Anyway let's go Devils, would be great to sneak a couple of wins out in this 3 game stretch with the Isles 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ajsgolf said:

When the fvck does this sh!t end?  At what point is contending for a playoff spot an actual possibility?  Do you say in 5 years or more?

It's literally impossible to put any amount of years on something like this.

This is not like building a house where you just simply gotta buy materials and spend time putting it together and then you're done at some point.

A lot of things have to go right to build a good team. And it's mostly built on educated guesses, educated decisions, luck and timing. Which is never perfect.

We're heading in the right direction and that's all we can do.

Between the motherfvcking Islanders and Washington, I’m just ready to just start running people. Enough of this garbage. We clearly have no ability or inclination to EVER beat either one of these miserable fvcktard franchises on the actual scoreboard, so if you can’t beat ‘em, beat the sh!t out of ‘em. Of course, no such thing will happen, because pussies. I liked it when Miles Wood used to fvck people up. Don’t know why he stopped.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2
  • Shocking 1