GDT: Islanders @ Devils 3/13 7PM

Nicomo

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

KYLE PALMIERI JUST HAD THREE CONSECUTIVE OFFENSIVE ZONE TURNOVERS ON THE POWEPLAY

GET HIM OFF THE FVCKING TEAM

It’s definitely time to sit him for a game or two. This is not just 5-10 games now. 

10 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

He’s really bad at hockey now. 

The only reason I can think of as to why he is still in the lineup every night is because they want to give him every chance to bring up his trade value. I don't know how, at this point, you don't just call up Seney and let him play. At least he isn't a net negative while on the ice.

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Kyle Palmieri killed that penalty.

CR1976 you know I love you my man but if you see Kyle Palmieri as anything other than an active, viscous detriment to the future of this hockey team I have no words.

He’s been bad.  Less bad lately, but as he continues to not convert his chances, that’s making things even worse.

We’ve been through this...if you are absolutely convinced that this is the player that he’s going to be going forward and is on a fast-track decline, then yeah, hard to make a compelling argument for keeping him.  I still think this is a solid player having an absolutely brutal year.  That can and does happen.  

I would try to move him at the deadline, and see how he does with his new team.  Depending on how he performs with that team, I’d still consider bringing him back on a short-term deal...of course, if the Devils go in a different direction with an attractive option, so be it.  

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

Maybe Zacha can bank a few more pucks off of Palmieri to boost Kyle’s value and then we can ship his ass out to some unsuspecting GM.   

Honestly Lou is probably our best bet...

He gave us a 2nd for Greene, Palmieri has to be worth at least that. 

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

The only reason I can think of as to why he is still in the lineup every night is because they want to give him every chance to bring up his trade value. I don't know how, at this point, you don't just call up Seney and let him play. At least he isn't a net negative while on the ice.

Or Merkley. At least he’ll work hard.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

It’s definitely time to sit him for a game or two. This is not just 5-10 games now. 

They’ve been very patient with him.  If they decide to scratch him for a game or two, I would definitely understand.  

Just now, Nicomo said:

Severson has been absolute dogsh!t lately 

Minus Man is back

• Angry 1