GDT: Devils vs Islanders 3/14/21 5:00pm ESPN+ MSG

NJDfan1711

4 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

I mean at this point all you can do is laugh. It’s just ridiculous how many new ways they can find to lose a hockey game

I’m ready to petition to remove the devils from the league.  That’s what I fvcking think should happen

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

We've been saying that for a decade. 

But Zacha is finally looking good.  Ty Smith, Nico, Hughes...    we are almost out of it.    I’m ok with the shortened season being the last of it.

• Like 4

Just now, aylbert said:

But Zacha is finally looking good.  Ty Smith, Nico, Hughes...    we are almost out of it.    I’m ok with the shortened season being the last of it.

And the indications that it will be are what?

• Like 2

Can't make it up. When you feel it finally happened someone steals it at the last moment. I'm just hoping they are laughing now in the locker room cause seriously F it. They played a much better team 3 times in a row which looked like never ending beating. In all fairness they should take this loss as easy as they possibly can and move on.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, aylbert said:

I truly want to believe we are almost out of it. I'm very happy with the young talent this season, and I would include Blackwood in your list even though he's struggling at the moment.

But this team has had a losing stink on it for a very very long time and I'm starting to wonder if we are another Sabres, Senators, etc, that keeps starting and stopping and "wait-til-next-year"-ing. 

I'm usually very positive but we've been singing this song for a long time now. 

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Like 2

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

I truly want to believe we are almost out of it. I'm very happy with the young talent this season, and I would include Blackwood in your list even though he's struggling at them moment.

But this team has had a losing stink on it for a very very long time and I'm starting to wonder if we are another Sabres, Senators, etc, that keeps starting and stopping and "wait-til-next-year"-ing. 

I'm usually very positive but we've been singing this song for a long time now. 

Well we have a young core to build around and players that looks promising. That's not something we could say 5 years ago. So at least we're heading in the right direction

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And the indications that it will be are what?

Some graph somewhere if you dig deep enough. Not on the scoreboard or actual points etc. 

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

Jesus watching Bryce stretch that far to make Palmieri sound not terrible is painful.

Dano and Salvador are too close to the boys. They obviously don't want to throw their pals under the bus. At times i wish we had someone who wasn't that bias and could just say things for what they are

Just now, titans04 said:

Some graph somewhere if you dig deep enough. Not on the scoreboard or actual points etc. 

Ohhh. Expected victories lol. 

• Haha 1

I took a break with the game tie at 2-2 after two periods. I came back to the DVR and finished. 

How disappointing. Score in shootout but called back. 

They got a point, but it is not needed. It was a good game after the first period.

Just a bummer for this team at this time. 

It’s definitely time to break up Hughes and Bratt. I was calling for them to play together earlier in the season, but they just don’t compliment each other very well. At least Jack is shooting the puck though. I saw someone joke that they were surprised Bratt didn’t pass in the shootout and I just had to laugh. I’d like to see Hughes with Koukkanen and Sharongovich. He looked really good playing with the latter at the start of the season, and the former is red hot right now. Why the hell not. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Brewskies said:

I took a break with the game tie at 2-2 after two periods. I came back to the DVR and finished. 

How disappointing. Score in shootout but called back. 

They got a point, but it is not needed. It was a good game after the first period.

Just a bummer for this team at this time. 

Right. If not for the losing streak and miserable play lately, this would have been no big deal. We held in against one of the better teams in the league and took a point. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well we have a young core to build around and players that looks promising. That's not something we could say 5 years ago. So at least we're heading in the right direction

I agree, we absolutely are heading in the right direction and I like a lot of the young core. Koukkanen looks like a steal. Hughes will only get better. Smith will only get better. Nico is growing. It would be nice to see these kids play for something soon

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I agree, we absolutely are heading in the right direction and I like a lot of the young core. Koukkanen looks like a steal. Hughes will only get better. Smith will only get better. Nico is growing. It would be nice to see these kids play for something soon

The only problem is there is no solid veteran core to grow around. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Hoping the sense of injustice on this one might motivate them for the next stretch of games. 

I don't see injustice here, rather crazy justice given that stupid offside rule.

1 minute ago, Devs64 said:

The only problem is there is no solid veteran core to grow around. 

That is absolutely something that is missing. I have no idea how they will build that up, because the vets now just don't seem interested

3 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

The Devil could really use that “has that special something” vet...a guy who’s won some and has a way of rubbing that off on younger guys.  Unfortunately (not to put every last one of them down), that guy is clearly not on the team right now.

But yeah, some pretty good young core guys right now.  

• Like 1