2021 Trade Deadline Thread April 12, 3pm ET

Chimaira_Devil_#9

14 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Why are we talking about trading Wood? He’s young, he plays balls to the wall (which not enough people on this team do), he goes to the net, he scores goals, he’s cheap, and he isn’t gonna be a UFA in a year and a half like Blake Coleman was gonna be when we traded him. So just because Craig Button wants the Leafs to ‘target Miles Wood’ it’s gonna happen? Because I think the Devils should target Connor McDavid. If we can’t get him, we should target Nathan MacKinnon. If that fails- let’s target Crosby.

Agreed, I wouldn’t consider it at all. But I wanted to keep Coleman also. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Devs3cups said:

What is a reasonable/realistic offer for Wood in your opinion?

Miles Wood isn’t available for reasonable/realistic offers. He is only available for insane, outrageous, ‘holy sh!t, was this guy on acid when he made this trade?!’ offers. It makes absolutely zero sense whatsoever to trade him for anything less.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 3

For my birthday tomorrow I want the devils to trade Palmieri to Edmonton for McDavid and Draisaitl.  Don’t birthday wishes come true?  To answer everyone’s question, nope, promise, I wasn’t on anything or smoking anything.  Just nice to wish.

17 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

For my birthday tomorrow I want the devils to trade Palmieri to Edmonton for McDavid and Draisaitl.  Don’t birthday wishes come true?  To answer everyone’s question, nope, promise, I wasn’t on anything or smoking anything.  Just nice to wish.

Get Larsson back while you are at it. Throw in Connor Carrick for that. 

1 hour ago, ajsgolf said:

If Edmonton throws in Klefbom I’ll do it. 🤣

2 hours ago, ajsgolf said:

For my birthday tomorrow I want the devils to trade Palmieri to Edmonton for McDavid and Draisaitl.  Don’t birthday wishes come true?  To answer everyone’s question, nope, promise, I wasn’t on anything or smoking anything.  Just nice to wish

Happy Birthday

28 minutes ago, MB3 said:

taylor hall barely fetched a first coming off a Hart winning season. Why would anyone trade more for a declining 30-year old in a pandemic shortened season? 

If Kyle Palmieri gets us better than a 3rd I’ll celebrate like a psychopath. 

Hall (with Speers) fetched a first and a third, and a defensive prospect (Bahl), along with Merkley and Schnarr.  He was coming off the season after the Hart, where he'd missed over half the year...that didn't help.  

Right now yeah, hard to see Palms bringing back more than, say, a 3rd and 5th.  If he can string together some productive games in the next few weeks (and a team gets desperate enough), you could get a 2nd + something else (the something else won't be of much consequence...some 23-year-old who's a decent AHLer, but an NHL longshot...something like that).  But I'd be stunned if ANYONE was willing to pony up a first-rounder.  

BTW the Devils turned that first into Dawson Mercer...hope that turns out to be as promising as it looks.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

9 minutes ago, MB3 said:

taylor hall barely fetched a first coming off a Hart winning season. Why would anyone trade more for a declining 30-year old in a pandemic shortened season? 

If Kyle Palmieri gets us better than a 3rd I’ll celebrate like a psychopath. 

If Palms brings a first, he can call me and I’ll pack his bag and drive him to the airport, and I’ll pay his airfare. Even if he’s going to Long Island. 

16 minutes ago, MB3 said:

taylor hall barely fetched a first coming off a Hart winning season.

And was on pace for a 92 point season. His “decline” didn’t happen until after the trade. They thought they were getting MVP form, that’s why he cost so much. 

Palmieri now and Hall then are not even on close to the same level. 

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And was on pace for a 92 point season. His “decline” didn’t happen until after the trade. They thought they were getting MVP form, that’s why he cost so much. 

Palmieri now and Hall then are not even on close to the same level. 

In 2018-19 (the year he missed 49 games), he was indeed on pace for 92 points.  

The following year, when he was traded (2019-20), he put up 25 points in 30 GP (only 6 goals) with the Devils...he wasn't bad, but something did seem missing.  Just like something seemed to be missing once he went to Arizona, and something still seems to be missing in Buffalo.

But yeah, he was close enough to his MVP season to get a solid return, even as a potential rental.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

13 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

In 2018-19 (the year he missed 49 games), he was indeed on pace for 92 points.  

The following year, when he was traded (2019-20), he put up 25 points in 30 GP (only 6 goals) with the Devils...he wasn't bad, but something did seem missing.  Just like something seemed to be missing once he went to Arizona, and something still seems to be missing in Buffalo.

But yeah, he was close enough to his MVP season to get a solid return, even as a potential rental.   

Exactly. But what he did after the trade, obviously, is only relevant to whether he was worth the price paid, and I have to think it’s hard to argue that the Coyotes got what they were looking for. 

14 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Exactly. But what he did after the trade, obviously, is only relevant to whether he was worth the price paid, and I have to think it’s hard to argue that the Coyotes got what they were looking for. 

Oh yeah, even if his numbers as a Coyote were "respectable", that was a "go for it" deal, where they thought he was going to move the needle for them...he didn't (they only went 14-17-4 when he was in the lineup...19-12-4 without).  And the Devils (thanks largely to much better goaltending, to be fair) had a much better record without him than with him.