2021 Trade Deadline Thread April 12, 3pm ET

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Just now, pumpkin cutter said:

how much would you do for palms? id go 5x5. we need goal scorers and go figure we have one on our team?!

Palms is having a bad year, but is also probably on a decline as well. There's too many unknowns to be throwing around money in a flat cap. I wouldn't gamble, but other people are probably more apt to take a chance. When a player has a career year in a contract season, the price gets jacked up(see Jeff Skinner). I don't see why it shouldn't go the other way when a player has a sh!t year in a contract season. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Palms is having a bad year, but is also probably on a decline as well. There's too many unknowns to be throwing around money in a flat cap. I wouldn't gamble, but other people are probably more apt to take a chance. When a player has a career year in a contract season, the price gets jacked up(see Jeff Skinner). I don't see why it shouldn't go the other way when a player has a sh!t year in a contract season. 

i agree. 

9 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

cmon he is good. he actually sticks up for teammates while the rest flail away.  plus he scores goals.. i stick by my 5x5. i think he wants more though, 

He definitely wants term. I wouldn’t give it. 

Palms didnt score enough this year, and, more important, he isnt shoot. At all. I dont know may be he has some injury, but he literally doesnt make any shot. May be one or two. Without his shot, he does not bring any special benefit in any situations.

23 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

cmon he is good. he actually sticks up for teammates while the rest flail away.  plus he scores goals.. i stick by my 5x5. i think he wants more though, 

He’s out of mind if he wants more.

No one is giving him five years...maybe someone offers three.  If the Devils offer him three years around $5 AAV, he’ll be back...NJ is his first choice.  If the Devils don’t want to go more than two, I’ll certainly understand why.  

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He’s out of mind if he wants more.

No one is giving him five years...maybe someone offers three.  If the Devils offer him three years around $5 AAV, he’ll be back...NJ is his first choice.  If the Devils don’t want to go more than two, I’ll certainly understand why.  

he want's a long deal. i assume. 

2 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

he want's a long deal. i assume. 

He can want whatever he wants, but in the current environment, he’s never getting a five-year offer.  I’m not even sure he gets three.  I wouldn’t go more than two myself.  

1 hour ago, pumpkin cutter said:

While there is some truth to what you are saying, it’s tough to ask for 5 years at a rate that represents your play from ‘16 to ‘19 while currently performing like your game has already fallen off a cliff.   3 years would be a gift to him at this point.   

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

While there is some truth to what you are saying, it’s tough to ask for 5 years at a rate that represents your play from ‘16 to ‘19 while currently performing like your game has already fallen off a cliff.   3 years would be a gift to him at this point.   

I suspect he’d take less dollars for more term. 

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

seriously, if the Devils sign Kyle Palmieri for anything more than 2 seasons this summer please someone check in on my whereabouts and welfare. 

🎶

So then MB3

Said seriously

I've heard you plea

But it's a no from me

Nuh uh homey

You better agree

Even for free

It's too much for Palmieri

He's been too crappy

With his dumb goatee

He's like a ducky

Lost at sea

A sea of pee

Christmas treeeeeeeeeee

😎😎😎😎😎😎

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

🎶

So then MB3

Said seriously

I've heard you plea

But it's a no from me

Nuh uh homey

You better agree

Even for free

He's been too crappy

With his dumb goatee

He's like a ducky

Lost at sea

A sea of pee

Christmas treeeeeeeeeee

😎😎😎😎😎😎

https://flic.kr/p/2kQEf3Y

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

🎶

So then MB3

Said seriously

I've heard you plea

But it's a no from me

Nuh uh homey

You better agree

Even for free

He's been too crappy

With his dumb goatee

He's like a ducky

Lost at sea

A sea of pee

Christmas treeeeeeeeeee

😎😎😎😎😎😎

51090124468_0d0f27731d_b.jpg

Just now, titans04 said:

You guys are all overlooking the fact that Palmieri "knows how to win" as Matt Loughlin just pointed out on the NHL channel as one of the top reasons other GMs will be looking to acquire him.

If he knows how, he should try doing it. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, pumpkin cutter said:

how much would you do for palms? id go 5x5. we need goal scorers and go figure we have one on our team?!

Yes, that's fair/reasonable. Or 6 for 3/4 w/ M-NTC?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

4x4 tops for Palms.

21 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I think that’s the absolute most in both money and term I’d be willing to do.

That’s kind of what I had in mind too, but again, I don’t know if you can judge him completely on this COVID shortened season. I don’t know if he’ll be looking to take a pay cut, even if ultimately that’s where he winds up, I think he’s going to free agency before that happens. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s kind of what I had in mind too, but again, I don’t know if you can judge him completely on this COVID shortened season. I don’t know if he’ll be looking to take a pay cut, even if ultimately that’s where he winds up, I think he’s going to free agency before that happens. 

One thing I think that will be hurting the free agent market value is going to be how atrocious Hall is playing in Buffalo with a fellow superstar. I could absolutely be overestimating it but I could easily see GM’s pushing the bar low when comparing Hall’s body of work to another forward.

I could also be 100% off base, but I’d like to think his no-show is going to cost a bunch of people.

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

One thing I think that will be hurting the free agent market value is going to be how atrocious Hall is playing in Buffalo with a fellow superstar. I could absolutely be overestimating it but I could easily see GM’s pushing the bar low when comparing Hall’s body of work to another forward.

I could also be 100% off base, but I’d like to think his no-show is going to cost a bunch of people.

It probably will, or at the very least, won’t set a high bar for a guy who, minus one season, is a star but not a superstar. 

Palmieri, on the other hand, produced consistent results over 5 years at a very reasonable AAV, and Then dropped off during this weird season when nobody on the team is producing with any kind of consistency. I can see him having a valid argument that maybe you shouldn’t put that much weigh on this season. 

To some extent, Hall would have that same argument, except that he is paid much more and more should be expected of him. 

• Like 1